Thread: Ack. I cannot cook to save my LIFE.

Ack. I cannot cook to save my LIFE.

Ok, so it's sort of a tradition to make brownies to eat the morning of the new year. Parents and brother are not home, so I decided to go ahead and make the brownies.

Big mistake >.>

So I get all the ingredients and whatnot, blend them together according to the directions (I think...?) and...it turns into this big blob of...mush o.O And it's definately NOT normal looking. It's all dry and...blahhh! So I add like 1/4 TBSP of water to soften it up a bit so I can beat it more. Eventually I got tired of it and just spread it in the pan and called it "done."

So now Deathblob is in the oven cooking. I'm afraid to even look at it x.x

I need to start taking cooking lessons. Seriously.

Kristen & the Dynamutts...

Oh dear. If you wanna start over, I can walk you through a good - and easy - recipe!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid I'm out of eggs and butter at the monent. Not to mention a little intimidated to try again, lol. I'll wait 'till morning to see what my mom says, and if these "brownies" are bad enough, we may end up running to the store in the morning xD

Okay - just remember - if it's chocolate enough, how bad can it be? Just don't overcook whatever it is, and you'll likely be fine.

Too dry? Crumble it into chocolate pudding or over ice cream.
    I've Been Frosted

Hmm, I did add extra chocolate chips

And the ice cream and pudding thing is a great idea! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide
    So now Deathblob is in the oven cooking. I'm afraid to even look at it.
    That's hilarious.

We have ALL made Deathblobs, trust me.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

This is a cute thread and thank you for the smiles and the introduction to the newest word in the dictionary - Deathblob!

Only on New Year's Day would I share this... When hubby and I were first married - many years ago - I was baking a chocolate cake. The recipe said to line the bottom of a tube pan with waxed paper and grease the wax paper. I didn't have any waxed paper so I used Saran wrap. DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME! My Saran wrap melted into the cake and I wound up having to throw the whole thing, tube pan and all, into the trash. See, things can always be worse! By the way, I like Karen's idea because I think wasting chocolate should be considered a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam
    This is a cute thread and thank you for the smiles and the introduction to the newest word in the dictionary - Deathblob!

Only on New Year's Day would I share this... When hubby and I were first married - many years ago - I was baking a chocolate cake. The recipe said to line the bottom of a tube pan with waxed paper and grease the wax paper. I didn't have any waxed paper so I used Saran wrap. DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME! My Saran wrap melted into the cake and I wound up having to throw the whole thing, tube pan and all, into the trash. See, things can always be worse! By the way, I like Karen's idea because I think wasting chocolate should be considered a crime.
    Almost ONE A.M. amd I am LMAO.......Remember someone posted pics about the melted plastic dish in the oven?

time for a new kitchen disaster thread.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Is the Deathblob edible? That's all that matters.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hehehe. I am betting that your brownies are just delicious. Give us an update on what your family says about your New Year morning treat.

I was cracking up as I read this. Your "deathblob"( ) seriously could not have been that bad! I'm sure you and your family enjoyed it. Give us an update...lol.

You've got to let us know how the deathblob turned out. Extra chocolate chips, huh? Sounds like it will taste fine!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Oh Lordy Riptide~ The Brown Deathblob~

That reminds me now of a batch of Brownies that I **thought** we're going to turn out to taste just like my Older Sister's~ Thick~Chewy and Chocolatey

Sorry to tell you ( I forgot to add the eggs)

So, I re -named them ~~ Bedrock Brownies~~

How did your Death Blob turn out?
    Rest in Peace Corinna~ Well Never Forget You~

I"VE BEEN FROSTED

Quote Originally Posted by Pam

grease the wax paper. I didn't have any waxed paper so I used Saran wrap. DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME!
    LMAO!! Sorry guys, it's just hysterical. "deathblob", very descriptive- I vote to add it to the dictionary too. My advice...buy it in a box. Just follow the very,very simple directions, don't second-guess it's looks, & remove from the oven on time. Happy New Year!

Hahaha, thanks everyone for the encouragement

They're a little on the crunchy side and taste more like chocolate cookies more than anything, but they're alright I suppose ^^ I'll probably end up doing what Karen suggested and crumble it on top of ice cream