Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Now My Blaze Is Having Problems:Update 2/5/12

Whew, at least you got some answers, and we hope they both are feeling better with no further spread or complications!
    I've Been Frosted

I didn't get back to this thread for a few days.

So glad you found out what the issue is with Blaze, and now he is so much better. Isn't it such a relief when you see them start acting like themselves again? Even is it is a "goofy boy, lol.

Come on Alani, you too need to recover quickly.

Interesting that you had been to a cat show. I know at the show itself, we are always warned do NOT pet the cats, ask first, if you pet one, use the Purell before moving on, etc. That would be interesting if you brought something home from the show. Too bad there is no way to check if any of the cats there had this! Then you would know for sure. It's too bad, because I know attending the shows is so interesting and informative.

I'd like to ask: you said you have plenty of fluids and needles. Do you get them from your vet or another supply source? Not something I keep on hand! But with 15 pets of course I have quite the supply box as well.

Prayers for continued healing!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I didn't get back to this thread for a few days.

So glad you found out what the issue is with Blaze, and now he is so much better. Isn't it such a relief when you see them start acting like themselves again? Even is it is a "goofy boy, lol.

Come on Alani, you too need to recover quickly.

Interesting that you had been to a cat show. I know at the show itself, we are always warned do NOT pet the cats, ask first, if you pet one, use the Purell before moving on, etc. That would be interesting if you brought something home from the show. Too bad there is no way to check if any of the cats there had this! Then you would know for sure. It's too bad, because I know attending the shows is so interesting and informative.

I'd like to ask: you said you have plenty of fluids and needles. Do you get them from your vet or another supply source? Not something I keep on hand! But with 15 pets of course I have quite the supply box as well.

Prayers for continued healing!
    At the cat show I did pet a Maine Coon cat briefly after I asked his owner if I could. I later saw a cat sneezing who was in one of the cages at one of the judging rings. I made sure to wash my hands very well when I got home before I touched any of my cats. I could've also brought something home with me after Sky's vet visit. It was very busy that day but most of the pets there were dogs. If something is air born there's not much you can do to prevent it though. I got the sub-q fluids and needles for them at the vet. They gave me more needles than I'll need. It's so much cheaper to do this at home if you can.

Thanks again everyone. Poor Blaze is feeling great and he really wants out of the bathroom. I told him that Alani would be very lonely in there by himself and he'd be crying and getting stressed out without his brother. Alani still has his horrible cough. I hope to be able to let them both out by late Sat. or some time on Sun. Blaze's treatment will be over on Sunday but Alani has to take his medicine 2 times a day for 14 days total. My other 4 cats are really enjoying being able to come and go from my bedroom as they please. When Alani & Blaze are out, I have to keep my bedroom door shut so they won't get into things in my bedroom. I've especially noticed that both Pearl & Ziggy are really enjoying being "redhead free" because these boys love to try to play with them and they just won't have anything to do with them.

I let both boys out of the bathroom today and they were so excited. They were running around sniffing everything and also trying to rub up against my other four cats who didn't like this too much. Blaze started chirping in delight and he's totally back to normal now. Alani is doing much better and I haven't heard him coughing at all today. He may still be a little bit congested though. Blaze is finished with his medicince and sub-q fluids but Alani still has a while to go with his medicine and I hope to be able to continue giving him sub-q fluids until Wed. Now Sky, Blaze, and Alani still need to go back to see my vet for a recheck. So far my four other cats are doing well and I hope that I'll finally have healthy cats for a long time to come. Thanks again everyone for all of the prayers and positive thoughts.

Yay! Here's hoping for no more sickness for a long, long time!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Wonderful to hear all it well. Prayers that it remains ever so.

Thanks again everyone. A little while ago I just heard Alani coughing again and he still sounds a bit congested too. He's still on his medicine for a while yet. I was able to consolidate Blaze's & Sky's recheck appointments so they'll both be seen this Sun. at 2pm. Alani won't be seen again until the following Sun. at 2pm. I sure hope he'll be recovered complelely by then.

Please get well soon, three precious kitty guys!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Krazyaboutkatz, how are your kitty guys?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Krazyaboutkatz, how are your kitty guys?
    Alani & Blaze are doing great and they've been running around playing, wrestling, and bouncing off the walls again. Sky is doing okay but he still sneezes and coughs sometimes. His eyes will also sometimes have some white or yellow goopy stuff in the corners. I'm glad that he and Blaze are going in for rechecks this Sunday. Sky is still on his allergy pills but this may not be enough for him. I'll update more after the vet visit.

I hope everyone gets the all clear soon! It's such a worry when they're not their best. Update after Sunday - kisses to all of the kitties!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    I hope everyone gets the all clear soon! It's such a worry when they're not their best. Update after Sunday - kisses to all of the kitties!
    Thanks Maggie. Well Blaze is 100% back to normal. Sky is probably about 80% my vet told me. His right eye is still getting goopy stuff in it so he's back on Tobramycin drops in both eyes twice a day for the next 14 days. He'll also continue to take his antihistamine pill but I'm going to try him on only 1/2 a pill daily instread of 1/2 morning and night. On Fri. night a little after 11pm, Sky had a coughing fit that lasted between 20-30 minutes. It scared me so much that I called my vet's office and I spoke to a vet tech about it. I was able to calm him down and I was told to monitor him. He hasn't had an episode since. Now my vet wants me to write down every time Sky coughs so we can monitor this condition and treat it accordingly. I know that my allergies have also been bad lately so I can kind of relate to poor Sky. Alani continues to do well and he goes back for a recheck this Sunday at 2pm. He's still on his medicine until Wed. night. He did have a coughing attack today but it sounded like he was trying to cough up a hairball. I gave him some hairball medicine and this helped a lot. Thanks again for all of your prayers and positive thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Thanks again everyone. Around 7pm he threw up some yellow liquid with a tiny amount of fur in it. It was too small to even call it a hairball though. I was hoping that he'd be better after this episode. He later ate some dinner which was some canned food mixed with some dry. He didn't finish it all but he ate most of it and he was later trying to swallow a lot again. Maybe he has a sore throat. I tried looking up symptoms of sore throats in cats and it did say gagging and swallowing frequently are some which is what he's been doing. It also said that drooling, gulping, and reluctance to eat are symptoms too and a sore throat is a sign of an URI. He doesn't seem to have an URI though. I'm getting so frustrated by not knowing what's wrong with him and I hate having to watch him do the gag cough.
    So sorry Blaze is having all these problems. Have you tried Pepcid? Works wonders on Snoopy with his IBS and occasional acid reflux. It does help the gagging reflex and settles down the stomach. I give Snoopy at full 10 milgram tablet 2x a day when he has a break out.

For a cat: A common dosage is 1/4 of a 10mg tablet every other day, or every day if necessary. I'd ask vet if you could give it 2x a day.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Quote Originally Posted by Craftlady View Post
    So sorry Blaze is having all these problems. Have you tried Pepcid? Works wonders on Snoopy with his IBS and occasional acid reflux. It does help the gagging reflex and settles down the stomach. I give Snoopy at full 10 milgram tablet 2x a day when he has a break out.

For a cat: A common dosage is 1/4 of a 10mg tablet every other day, or every day if necessary. I'd ask vet if you could give it 2x a day.
    I know all about using pepcid because my Storm gets 1/2 of a pill every night. Blaze and Alani had a laryngeal infection so they both had to be put on antibiotics. Now I think that I may be getting sick. My throat is scratchy and I just don't feel all that great. I'll probaby wake up tomorrow morning with a sore throat which will then turn into a cold. I've been lucky in that I haven't been sick in a long time. I'm hoping that it's only allergies.

Hope they continue to improve. Hope you feel better too.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)