Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please keep Pouncer in your prayers.

Please keep Pouncer in your prayers.

Does anyone need to guess? He's sick again.

I spotted pee on a few plastic bags yesterday and just now I caught him peeing in the spot where the bags had been.

A quick call to the vet yeilded an appointment for Wednesday morning. I apparently had one set up for this morning as a re-check and I missed it! How stupid can I be?!?! Why didn't they call to confirm/remind me of the appointment? (I lost my date book a few weeks ago and went about making a new one, and apparently never realized I missed this morning's vet appt.)

Anyhow, my little boy is sick again. I know he needs the surgery but I just can't afford it right now... my dreams of a laptop will be replaced by surgery for a lapcat. He's worth it. I just need to come up with the $800 up front. *Sigh*

So please, keep my boy in your prayers. He's such a good boy, and deserves to be healthy.

Prayers for Pouncer.

Gosh poor Pouncer. I sure hope things get better for him and yourself real soon.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Poor boy!

I guess there is no time for an iMOM app?

hugs to Pouncer! And you!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh no, not again!! Poor Pouncer!! Lily sends purrs and nose-kissies!

Did you ask your vet about Cantharis? It's a homoepathic remedy, and it's helping Luna a lot with her bladder problems. She's doing much better!

Kirsten

Kim, I will keep Pouncer and you in my prayers. I'm so sorry that he is continuing to have this problem.

Best of luck to both of you.

Logan and Buttercup

Sorry to hear Pouncer is under the weather and the cost of the operation, but a lapcat is so much better than a laptop!

Best wishes for Pouncer.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Pouncer has to be as tired of this as you are, poor baby! That has to hurt or be terriably uncomfortable! Poor little boy! He sure will be in my prayers...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Pouncer Angel is rallying All of her Angel Friendsand we are all Praying that Little Pouncer will be All Right.
    That Poor Little Tabby has been through an awful lot in the last few years and we are hoping that the Vet will hit on the right meds so Pouncer gets relief at last.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Why does it have to be money up front? If you talk to your vet in advance, will s/he work w/you re payments? I sure hope Pouncer feels better soon. Sending lots of prayers his way.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Poor lil guy. Thoughts and prayers coming from Connecticut.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Well, I started him on Clavimox this afternoon and he's looking mighty pitiful tonight. If I didn't know any better I'd SWEAR he's playing the sickie role for affection. I swear this boy is eating up the attention, even enjoying being pilled.

Hubby made an astute observation this afternoon as well.... Pouncer has a habit of getting locked in the basement we have no idea HOW he gets locked in the basement but he manages to do so with incredible frequency. It seems he always gets sick a few days after being locked out. I'm guessing the stress of being locked out makes him sick?

He was locked in the basement twice this week alone; yesterday, Harry told us that Pouncer was locked in the basement. So I asked hubby if perhaps we should install a kitty door that lets him OUT of the basement but keeps them from going TO the basement. I keep a litterbox and water down there for him since he does happen to get locked down there a lot.

I'll be buying a cat door tomorrow (thank goodness I get 30% off at Petsmart tomorrow!) and I'll be buying another cat tree.... originally $140, on clearance for $65 and with my discount and coupons I'm getting it for $40. We also think he stresses when bullied out of the cat tree by one of the orange boys (who shall remain nameless) so we decided to get a second cat tree with plenty of shelves for everyone.

Boy, trying to figure out what stresses out Pouncer is stressing out ME! I really don't care about cost since he's definately worth it, but man, I'd like to catch my breath for a little while first!

Sounds like Pouncer is doing a good job of keeping you on your toes. I have a cat door that can go both ways or only in or out. But my cats hate it and refuse to use it. At first I thought they didn't know how so I started shoving all 8 of 'em (at that time) through the door. It made me laugh because I felt like I was making sausages and feeding meat through the casings. Anyhow, I've had it for 2 1/2 years and none of them have used it. I hope Pouncer figures it out. Good luck.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I hope that Pouncer will feel better soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Awe, poor Pouncer. I can't believe that your vet wouldn't find a way to fit you in knowing how sick Pouncer gets so quickly! I hope he'll be ok until you can get the surgery for him.

About the cat door, I had one of those swingy doors on the covered litter boxes, and I thought that would work really well. Hmpf... They refused to use them!!! Either they didn't get the door, or they didn't like being "trapped" in there. Ended up just taking them off and going back to just the covered boxes with no swinging door.