Thread: Dream

Dream

Dream, what beautiful lady. I now have a dog named Annie with much the same coloration and facial features as Dream. Dream's story is both tragic and wonderful at the same time. I fully understand how that lovely creture was able to soften a hard heart and open it up to love forever more. I believe the greatest tribute that you can pay to Dream is to give another pup a good home filled with happiness and love.
    I am the kind of pet owner that allows my pups plenty of spontaneity but, at the same time, take extraordinary measures to keep them out of harms way. I sincerely hope you will bolster your pet security with your next dog. The dog deserves it and so do you. You've had enough heartache. Please play Dream's love and devotion forward with another terrific dog.
    Our pets reflect our outlooks and attitudes.

Beautiful, precious Dream...I wasn't but a few sentences into your human's heart wrenching tribute before the tears began to fall. Losing a furkid is one of the hardest things for we animal lovers, but to lose one so very young, under such tragic circumstances, is beyond heartbreaking. But during your brief time on this earth, what everlasting pawprints you have left behind. I can't help but believe that you were sent to your person for a very special purpose; to help soften her (or his) heart, to give her permission to love again. In many ways, you were her rescuer as much as she was yours. And while you may no longer be there with her in body, your precious spirit and legacy of love live on in her heart, and in the countless cherished memories you made together. Look down on your person from the Rainbow Bridge and send her your love, sweet angel, until that wonderful day when you and she are together once more.

To Dream's guardian...My most heartfelt condolences to you on your great loss. As animal lovers, most of whom have lost a beloved furkid, we all here share in your grief, and hope that with time, that hole in your heart will heal, filled with the countless happy days you shared. I hope seeing your beloved Dream being honored here today helps to ease the sadness just a bit, and gives you some small measure of comfort. Dream was truly a blessing sent to you from above, a Dog of a Lifetime, a dream come true. Thanks you for sharing her with us today, so that we might have the honor of memorializing her for the very special girl that she was, and all that she means to you.
    (((HUGS)))
    Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you're talking about. It is so hard to lose a friend/companion/pet especially when they have been there with you through good times and bad. I had a little rat terrier that died at age 10 from heart problems. I know RT's are smart and loyal. Your Dream was very pretty. Like you, I lost my mother when she was only 44 (sudden heart attack) and I felt cheated and found it easier to love animals than people but that changed over the years. I'm 68 now and love people AND animals. Hopefully, now that you know you can love, you will open your heart to another dog. It will not mean that you no longer love Dream; you will always have Dream in your heart. My best to you. Kay in NC
    Last edited by kaycountrygal; 02-20-2011 at 09:57 AM.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Words cannot express the bond you have with an animal. I'm sorry that you did not have more time to spend with Dream. I know that Dream is looking down and watching over you now.
    Adopt a shelter pet, Save a life!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I was so sad to read your account of how you lost your Dream, and at such a very young age too. She sounds like she was such a happy go lucky pup, and definitely a free spirit where nothing could hold her back when she made up her mind to do something. Unfortunately, this wonderful free spirit in her was very costly in the end. I do believe she was sent to you, so that you could love again. Please take that with you FOREVER - it was an incredible gift that she gave to you. And please, sometime in the future, and when you are ready, pass on that gift of love to another little soul in need - just as you did with Dream. You can never replace Dream, but you can share your life and love with another. I know that Dream would want you to do that, and not be sad that she is no longer with you in her Earthly body form, and to be joyful that she is living forever in your heart. You were her savior, just as she was yours, and she loves you for that.

May you find peace. {{{Hugs}}} to you.

Ellie
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thank you, Dream's companion, for sharing your beautiful and heart breaking story. I found myself nodding my head in agreement with your lovely memorial and feelings about Dream and our furbabies in general. I'm sorry for the loss of your buddy, fur-therapist and life safer. i know how you feel. Maybe one day, and I think you'll know when, you can adopt another dog, who needs your loving home. Naturally, there'll be no replacement for Dream, but it's all about keeping your heart open. Hugs to you.

I've been Boooo'd!

sweet Dream

Hello, I totally sympathize with you. Country life can be hard on dogs, and sometimes we pay the ultimate price. But please get another dog as soon as is practical for you. Nothing heals like a new love! Dogs are truly angels on earth, so let yourself love another angel.

Blog Entries

Dream

Thank you for sharing Dream with us, what an angel! Peace and love