Thread: Does anybody know?

Does anybody know?

Can you copy a soundtrack of a DVD and turn it into a CD to play in a regular CD player? Is that legal? thanks!! (note: I paid for the DVD, and the CD would be for my own personal use, not to sell or distribute!) Its got lullabies on it, and I think it would make a fantastic CD to play while Lydia goes to sleep, and we don't have a DVD player upstairs.

The DVD & CD is formated differant.. You can only burn DVD vs DVD && only a CD vs CD.. They have to be equal formated.. Now dont know if its Legal or not.. Depends on what you are trying to copy.. Hope this helps..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

You may be able to copy the songs off it onto your computer, then use a program like iTunes to make a CD ... I've never tried that, but it is worth a shot!

I just did a quick search on Google and found this- http://www.castudio.org/dvdaudioextractor/. I've never used it and I know nothing about it, hopefully it'll do what you need it to do.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

thanks for the replies We are going to try out the suggestions and see if we can make this work. (I'm gonna get Mark's help to do this).