Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: foolish move of the day, stories to share?

foolish move of the day, stories to share?

my first contribution-
    i started laundry today at 7am, first cup of coffee, not finished yet... feeling rushed.....gotalottodo,mustdouitall....grab big bottle, pour in 3/4 cup light lavender liquid, load one done & put away, load two done & put away, load three done & put away, as i was finishing hanging load four being hung in the basement, i noticed, i washed all todays laundry with fabric softener only, no soap....note to self...drink coffee first, then read the labels, and relax a bit it's sunday. LOL at myself
    so what is your story?
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I went to the grocery store and had forgotten my list so I had to go back yesterday. And, of course, I forgot my list again! I met up w/a friend that I hadn't seen in a couple of years, so we briefly chatted and because I was on the forgetfulness track, I left the store w/out cat litter. How in the world does a person w/6 cats forget cat litter? I mean....

I came home, off loaded the groceries from the trunk of the car and had a tissue in my hand, so I tossed it into the trash can. Along w/my cell phone. It went to the bottom of the trash can and I'm too short to reach the bottom of it, so I had to tip it over and dump out the trash bags to find my phone. I have no excuses. I had my coffee.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

From my office I can see the back of my house. I have a porch light that is on a timer - it should come on at 7pm and go off at 10 pm.

I noticed that the light was on during the middle of the day. I went into the house to adjust the timer but was quickly distracted with another chore, or my phone rang.

Every time I went back to my office - there was the light - still on.

It wasn't until 6 pm that I got up determined to get it fixed - walked into the house and my brother started talking to me. I stopped him and said if I don't do this right NOW while I remember it won't get done. The tone of voice I used was funny - because it sounded like an emergency - he thought I was nuts - well, he might be right.

I think I have a serious case of CRS!!

come on people...share your stories, gini, medusa and i cannot be the only ones who've had reason to laugh at ourselves
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    When I was still working, I was on the phone a lot with clients and factory reps from the company I worked for. One of the reps that was assigned to me was a very trying individual by the name of Arnold. He had been exceptionally obnoxious to me one day, and I was literally fuming when I got off the phone with him, and I was voicing my displeasure of the conversation to my cubical partner. As I was ranting and raving to her about Arnold, my phone rang and I promptly picked it up and answered with my intentional usual greeting of "This is Ellie - how can I help you?" - but instead it came out as "This is Arnold - how can I help you?" I immediately burst into gales of laughter at my blooper, and then went on to explain to my customer on the end of the line, why I said that. Fortunately it was one that I had a good working relationship with, and not Arnold calling back!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I will just sit here & read all of your stories & Laugh My Butt Off..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I went to the grocery store and had forgotten my list so I had to go back yesterday. And, of course, I forgot my list again! I met up w/a friend that I hadn't seen in a couple of years, so we briefly chatted and because I was on the forgetfulness track, I left the store w/out cat litter. How in the world does a person w/6 cats forget cat litter? I mean....

I came home, off loaded the groceries from the trunk of the car and had a tissue in my hand, so I tossed it into the trash can. Along w/my cell phone. It went to the bottom of the trash can and I'm too short to reach the bottom of it, so I had to tip it over and dump out the trash bags to find my phone. I have no excuses. I had my coffee.
    ..., and to think that you aren't even a real blonde!

(I hope this doesn't get me into a lotta trouble)

Ellie, that's a great story! It reminded me of one I had once. I used to work at a pet boarding. One day a lady called to make her first ever reservation for her cat. I took down all the information I needed about her and her cat, including her cat's name... "Big Ol' Wolf".

My coworkers all made comments about "Big Ol' Wolf" being an odd name for a cat.

Then the day came that the woman brought her cat in. I got out the paper to go over all her information once again. When she saw the paper she busted out laughing. She then explained that I got that cat's name wrong. His name wasn't "Big Ol' Wolf" it was "Bigglesworth". I'm sure my face turned bright. Really it was just an honest, harmless mistake, but I was so embarrassed for getting the name wrong. My coworkers wouldn't let me live it down.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

KBlaix - that is funny - and I know your pain! At least mine was just over the phone and I didn't have to face the individual, as I was embarrassed enough as it was!

Embarrassing - but funny!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Mine is a really recent one...a couple of weeks ago...

My sister and her husband live about 45 minutes away, it's not exactly just around the corner. She was having a surprise get together for his retirement and birthday at a restaurant called Patrick's. I had the email, checked it Thursday, made arrangements with my hubby so we' d basically run out the door after work to get there in time-major rush!

On the way up, we had a conversation regarding my head being in the clouds lately; my husband essentially asked 'where's your head been?' - we had that discussion.

We got to the restaurant, just in time, asked the hostess where the large party was-she had a panicked look and said, "how large?". I told her the name and said I thought there were 16 of us. She frantically looked through the book, and another waitress walked up behind her and said, " I took that reservation, it's TOMORROW". At which point my husband looked me in the eye and said, "WHERE EXACTLY IS YOUR HEAD?".

All's well that ends well-we took a walk in the downtown area and had a nice dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant.

Well there you go.. Got two dinners for the price of one.. Thats a good one.. Ok I am still laughing my butt off.. More stories please..
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Mine is a really recent one...a couple of weeks ago...

My sister and her husband live about 45 minutes away, it's not exactly just around the corner. She was having a surprise get together for his retirement and birthday at a restaurant called Patrick's. I had the email, checked it Thursday, made arrangements with my hubby so we' d basically run out the door after work to get there in time-major rush!

On the way up, we had a conversation regarding my head being in the clouds lately; my husband essentially asked 'where's your head been?' - we had that discussion.

We got to the restaurant, just in time, asked the hostess where the large party was-she had a panicked look and said, "how large?". I told her the name and said I thought there were 16 of us. She frantically looked through the book, and another waitress walked up behind her and said, " I took that reservation, it's TOMORROW". At which point my husband looked me in the eye and said, "WHERE EXACTLY IS YOUR HEAD?".

All's well that ends well-we took a walk in the downtown area and had a nice dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Here's another workplace blooper for you....

This happened the day that my company issued I.D. badges. I got mine and clipped it to the pocket of my slacks. I noticed that the clip didn't have a very secure grip, so I figured I'd just be careful till I could get a lanyard for it. Not even an hour after I had it, I had to make a trip to the ladies room. Got in to the stall and started to unzip my slacks, when the badge popped off and landed - well I guess you know where??? - yup - in the toilet! Well the water was clean since I hadn't even gotten to the purpose of my visit there, but I wasn't too fond of sticking my hand in there to fish it out. So back to my desk to get a ruler to fish it out. Success - then I washed it off good with soap and hot water. Of course there were a couple of others in the ladies room at the time who witnessed my adventure, so the story spread thru the office.

The next morning when I got to my desk, one of my artistic co-workers had drawn a nice little picture for me and left it on my desk. It was of me with a fishing pole - fishing in a toilet! I kept it and even hung it up on my board and it stayed there for several years until I retired. I had to explain the meaning of it many times over the years to new employees who weren't there when it originally happened!

Maybe the pay wasn't great - but I had fun!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

I have lots of foolish moments, but I can only think of one at the moment.

A few months back, I was in a supermarket and it was a horrible rainy day, so the floor was wet where everyone was walking in the mud and rain. I was with my dad, and we were along the back of the supermarket where about 3 aisles could see us. Anyway, I was wearing boots which didn't have very good grip, and with the wet slippy floor I managed to fall over, but instead of just falling to the floor, I landed half in the metal shopping basket my dad was holding. My dad dropped the basket to the ground, which meant it made a very loud noise.
    By the time I got up, I looked around to see quite a few people looking at me... It was very funny though, and I couldn't stop laughing for ages afterwards
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Whisk_Luva View Post
    I have lots of foolish moments, but I can only think of one at the moment.

A few months back, I was in a supermarket and it was a horrible rainy day, so the floor was wet where everyone was walking in the mud and rain. I was with my dad, and we were along the back of the supermarket where about 3 aisles could see us. Anyway, I was wearing boots which didn't have very good grip, and with the wet slippy floor I managed to fall over, but instead of just falling to the floor, I landed half in the metal shopping basket my dad was holding. My dad dropped the basket to the ground, which meant it made a very loud noise.
    By the time I got up, I looked around to see quite a few people looking at me... It was very funny though, and I couldn't stop laughing for ages afterwards
    So instead of being "half in the bag", you were half in the basket?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11