Thread: i hate waitressing!

Hybrid View

i hate waitressing!

today was my second day at my new job as a waitress at Denny's. it sucks and as terrible as it sounds i hope i don't stay there long. my first table was 7 guys. they left me a penny tip! ONE CENT! i also spilled a large sweet tea on a lady's lap. she was very nice about it though.

pointless thread.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Sorry you hate it.Those guys were jerks to leave you a cent tip.some people.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

What JERKS! They were probably college age or somewhere around there right? Sounds like they did it just to make you mad.

Glad that lady was so understanding!

I am sorry your day and job aren't going so well for you.

((((hugs)))) sorry it isn't going well for you. I could never be a waitress, I don't know how you guys do it. I think I'd mess up everyone's orders. And a penny tip? Wow that's sad, I can't believe they did that. I hope it gets better for you!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Those guys were rude to do that. I'm sorry that happened to you. I know I wouldn't want to waitress, either, it's not for everyone. I admire you for trying it, and, I would just do the best you can while you're there. But, I'll admire you just as much if and when you realize it's not where you want to be.

One thing I've learned in the past month...you will never be able to control what other people do or say. But, you can control how you react to it. You just stay strong and positive, don't let people having bad days/weeks/months/years/lives ruin yours. Keep your chin up!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Wenisrubber, actually the guys were all in their 30's-40's.

finn's mom, thanks. i imagin i won't stay there long. i just got an offer to get my old job back.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Lute,

I was just talking about some of the customers that come into Bed, Bath & Beyond. It seems SOME people, no matter how nice you are to them, or how much you go out of your way to help them, they're never happy. What's really tough is that you still have to be nice to them and smile because it's your job and the "customer is always right".

Those guys were real jerks. I don't blame you for being frustrated. The ultimate insult to a waitress is to leave a penny rather than no tip at all.

I'm glad you're getting your old job back. Waitressing is a tough job, very stressful and physically demanding. I don't think I could do it.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by moosmom; 07-06-2006 at 08:22 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You will have people like that with waitressing. People who are rude or mean. People who don't tip (even if the service was really good!) however, you will also have really sweet people. If you've only been there a couple days, maybe you haven't seen them yet. I'm a bartender/waitress and a lot of the time I say I hate it. But I have regulars who come in and I get to chat with them and it's a lot of fun

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    Wenisrubber, actually the guys were all in their 30's-40's.

finn's mom, thanks. i imagin i won't stay there long. i just got an offer to get my old job back.
    Wow. You'd think they mature with age!

In any case, I'm still sorry you had to deal with immature jerks anyways.

EDIT: This actually got me to thinking of when I worked at Subway. A guy and his wife/girlfriend/lady friend/whatever came in. He ordered a particular sandwich (it went by a name, I forgot what it was). When I started to make The Sandwich of Giant Ordeals, he threw a hissy fit because, apparently, I wasn't making it right. One, guy, I have had to read and re read the lists they give us that have the formulas for these sandwiches on them; I know what goes on it. Two, I have a shortened version right in front of my face that I double check anyways! I just let somebody else deal with him.

Also, people used to get mad at me for the amount of toppings that I put on their sandwiches. Subway has formulas for their sandwiches. For every six inch sub, you can have two pieces of cheese, three pieces of meat, three pieces of each vegetable, and two lines of any or all sauces, salt and pepper to preference. Everything is checked with you before continuing. More of anything costs extra. They didn't understand that I would get in trouble if I put more on there.