Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nhl 2011-2012

I'll continue bleeding Blue no matter what happens (you must admit, they had an amazing season this year!)

facebook

The entire 2012-13 pre-season has now been cancelled because of the players' lockout. That leaves me with the White Sox who are not in first place anymore; the Cubs- let's just not go there; and the Bears with Forte and Urlacher both playing hurt. The Bulls start in a couple of weeks, so that's good. But I am reeeeeeally ready for the return of hockey. Let's sort this out, NHL!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

At this point... I kind of wish that when they do come back enough people will be like "SCREW YOU" we are locked out on YOU now. I'm so frustrated with this nonsense. Are we going to have to go through a lock out everytime the current contract is up? it's ridiculous. these people are ADULTS aren't they?

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    At this point... I kind of wish that when they do come back enough people will be like "SCREW YOU" we are locked out on YOU now. I'm so frustrated with this nonsense. Are we going to have to go through a lock out everytime the current contract is up? it's ridiculous. these people are ADULTS aren't they?
    I guess making millions every year just isn't enough for some people...

facebook

Patrick Kane is going to Switzerland to play hockey there. Please settle this quickly, NHL!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    I guess making millions every year just isn't enough for some people...
    You know... this time I can't even blame the players. Bettman is an arse and he's basically putting the salaries on the players shoulders instead of where it belongs... on the owners. He's basically telling the players that if you are offered a $15M deal you should be a decent guy and turn it down for a more reasonable salary. WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THAT? You can't blame the players because you think they are making too much... blame the guys that are PAYING them this much, Bettman.

Among other things.

but yeah this time I think Bettman is just being a petty tyrrant

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Oh, Vancouver, did you really have to call your players up right now? I wish they could stay with the Wolves a tad longer because we still need a little help But it's been a lot of fun following the Wolves during the NHL lockout. Welcome back Blackhawks, I missed you!

Will anyone be watching the games once they start up again?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    You know..... it's a tough call for me. One one hand I realize that the players are just as much victims of this as we are. Well, I can speak for the Blues, anyway; they have made it be known during this entire lockout that all they want to do is PLAY HOCKEY, and how silly it is...

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    You know... this time I can't even blame the players.
    but yeah this time I think Bettman is just being a petty tyrrant
    Well that's kinda what I meant. The big man just wants more money. I think it's ridiculous that venues can charge OUTRAGEOUS prices for food and drinks. I mean really $9 for a soda is ridiculous (oh, but wait! You get a "collector's cup" that isn't even dishwasher safe so you hardly ever use it and buy a new one every time you go there because you can't bring the old one back, and the free refills for the new one are worth more than buying the $5 dixie cup every time! ). The REAL victims here are us!!!! We get nickel and dimed going to every game, the players bring the spectators, and the venues take advantage of everyone.

So......... yeah, I'm not sure if I'll watch the games. I certainly won't be going to any.

facebook

I kinda wish the players would have started a league from scratch. Oh well, maybe during the NEXT lockout....
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I kinda wish the players would have started a league from scratch. Oh well, maybe during the NEXT lockout....
    Which won't be for another 8 or so years now

facebook

The Blackhawks are 12-0-3 with a 15-game point streak! Go, Hawks! You got the 2010 Stanley Cup and it would be very nice if you could get it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Here, with one of the Original 6 teams, you better believe people are watching! And going to the games, and staying until the games are over. One thing I have noticed - at the end of every home game, the players skate around the rink - applauding the fans.

On the other hand, if Bettman were to go out on the ice, I think he would be bombarded with octopus . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    The Blackhawks are 12-0-3 with a 15-game point streak! Go, Hawks! You got the 2010 Stanley Cup and it would be very nice if you could get it again!
    Go, Blackhawks! Way to win game 6! Come on home now and get ready to win game 7! The Red Wings are going to the NHL Eastern conference, which I think stinks, because they have a really good rivalry with the Hawks. Sort of like the Bears and Green Bay. Their fans come here, our fans go up there. Our two cities have a lot in common. Now we won't play them as often because they will play different teams.

Yeah, Blackhawks! Two wins in a row!