Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Yep. I've got an interview on Thursday - university hospital with a good reputation, with several primary care sites in the surrounding suburbs.
    Thank you so much! I'll update after Thursday---
    elyse
    I got an e-mail today. Didn't get it; didn't even get a second interview. I'm disappointed. I have another interview tomorrow with a company near the Merchandise Mart.

And dad is in the hospital. He's been having jaw and shoulder pain with activity for the past several weeks and it has gotten to the point where he's getting it with less and less activity. He called his cardiologist, who sent him to the hospital, and they kept him for some following up.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

cassiesmom...Your dad is in good hands - I hope he feels much better soon.

And your next job is just around the corner - it and you just haven't quite met yet!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Sorry about the job, I will be praying for your second opportunity and your Father.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Prayers for all who need them.

Especially Kalei, Lillycat, and cassiesmom; Catsnclay.

And more prayers for Bean of Moon and Bean to come home.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Please say a prayer for my friend Dalon and her 2 little boys.
    Alan, her husband is missing and presumed dead.
    He and his boss were caught in an avalanche yesterday while out on snow mobiles.

http://www.adn.com/news/weather/story/1138323.html
    An update for those who PM'd. Alan's body was found a week after the avalanche. It was found 1 day after his and Dalon's 8th wedding anniversary. Alan was buried on February 26th.

Dalon is exhausted. Their 2 little boys are missing their daddy. Thank you for all your prayers -- keep 'em coming.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

How horrible. Prayers for Dalon and her boys; I hope she has other family and support during this awful time. Extra prayers for the boys, again.

Alan's Obituary:http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/adn...&pid=140212401

This is a wonderful thread... I would like to please put out a prayer request to help me over come this fight with Breed Specific Legislation in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by cane76 View Post
    Google that b*tches
    I've been listening to the music, and I have to go see what it's like. Maybe I'll value what I have more when I come back. -Doug

Absolutely!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    And dad is in the hospital. He's been having jaw and shoulder pain with activity for the past several weeks and it has gotten to the point where he's getting it with less and less activity. He called his cardiologist, who sent him to the hospital, and they kept him for some following up.
    Update. Dad had one blocked artery, so he had one stent placed. he managed to avoid catching the cold my mom and I both had. It took about a week for him to get back to his usual energy level and he is still taking iron tablets.

No news on the job hunt yet. I've sent out a bunch of resumes, made a lot of follow-up calls. Nothing yet. I have a few more follow-up calls to make next week.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Saying an extra prayer for Dalon and her sons....I'm so sorry for all your sorrows at this time.
    He's in God's hands now,and I'm sure Alan is looking over you all,with every chapter of life you go through.

To all:
    Sorry I haven't been around to much lately,but please know that I'm thinking of everyone here at Pettalk and praying for all of us to have strength and positive thoughts for the rest of our own lives.
    Life can be very hard,but live it,love it,and help one another with kindness.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

My husband and his family could use some prayers for his Grandmother. She is almost 99 years old and has been going downhill the last year. She now has pneumonia and is not expected to recover. Her wishes, and the families as well, is that she have her last days and hours at home, so she is under hospice care as well as her daughter and daughter-in-law who worked in the nursing field all their lives. On Friday we were told the hospice nurses expected her to only last another 4 or 5 days. So it's just a waiting game at this point.
    Prayers for no suffering and a peaceful passing, and strength for the family would be nice.
    Thank you for listening.

Edite: Minutes after I posted this we got the phone call that Grandmom had passed on.
    Last edited by Momto4FemaleFelines; 03-28-2010 at 07:01 PM.
    ~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Momto4FemaleFelines View Post
    My husband and his family could use some prayers for his Grandmother. She is almost 99 years old and has been going downhill the last year. She now has pneumonia and is not expected to recover. Her wishes, and the families as well, is that she have her last days and hours at home, so she is under hospice care as well as her daughter and daughter-in-law who worked in the nursing field all their lives. On Friday we were told the hospice nurses expected her to only last another 4 or 5 days. So it's just a waiting game at this point.
    Prayers for no suffering and a peaceful passing, and strength for the family would be nice.
    Thank you for listening.

Edit: Minutes after I posted this we got the phone call that Grandmom had passed on.
    A prayer and a candle for her family, sending sympathy hugs---
    elyse

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=10483288

Thank you Elyse.

~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit

The PT people are always in my prayers. . .

I have a special request today, though. My friend Joyce has abdominal adhesions that have made her life a pain-filled misery. She is once again back in the hospital after a surgery that wasn't as successful as expected. I am going to light a candle for her. . .will you guys please say a little prayer for Joyce? She's such a cool lady!

Thanks!
    Cathy

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

please keep my brother in law's grandmother in your prayers she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer around the first full week of March and they aren't sure she will make it thru the week.
    please keep the family in your prayers for stregnth.
    thanks
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..