Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horse Show, Dog, and People Pictures!!

Horse Show, Dog, and People Pictures!!

A few of you know that I was gone this past week, busy with a horse show. I had a BLAST, but it wasn't all fun and games. Picture are coming, after I share with you all that happened.. I became really good friends with Josh and Matt, who were already good friends with each other. They taught me a lot about horses, and helped me with Austin, and how to get him to run faster, and turn faster. They are two of the sweetest guys I have met, without them, I dont know what I would have done these last four days. On Saturday (day 3 of the show) Matt's horse broke its halter and got loose. Two Socks (matts horse) got seriously injured, he slit open his right shoulder on a fifth wheel hitch on a camper. Matt saw it happen and they got Two Socks into a stall. His cut was about 9 inches long, and about 3 inches deep. There was actual muscle from Two Socks on the hitch of the trailer. I stayed with Matt, Josh, and Two Socks all day (from about 11am to 12am) It took the vet 30 minutes to get to the barn, and we were all really upset about that. Roger, Matt's dad, held rags on Two Socks' shoulder to stop the bleeding. Matt was very upset about the whole thing, but then, who wouldn't? I didn't get any pictures of Two Socks' cut though, because I didn't leave Matt and Josh's side all day to go to my trailer and get the cam.

On Saturday night, me, Josh, and Matt went to the Bull Ride which was at the County Fair (as was the horse show). I ended up babysitting a Peek-a-Pom all night too, and brought Billy (the pup) to the Bull Ride.

On Sunday, a sweet sweet lady that I know, got bucked off her horse, and landed flat on her back. She couldn't feel her legs, and wasn't able to move. The ambulance had to come and pick her up. She was ok, and was back at the barn Sunday night.

Results from the show:

Thursday, 4-H gamming events:
    Keyhole- Blue
    Pole Weaving- Red (Austin was being VERY naughty)
    Jumping Firgure 8- Blue
    Barrel Racing - Red

Friday, western pleasure events:
    Showmanship - blue
    Horsemanship- Blue
    Pleasure - Blue

Saturday, I only did one class, grade geldings 3 and up, we took first place

Sunday: I was so proud of Austin on Sunday, he did great. Their were a LOT of horses in our class (about 20-25)
    Horsemanship - 4th
    Pleasure - 5th
    Barrels -didn't place
    Poles - dont know
    Keyhole - 4th

And I almost forgot, I met a PET TALKER!! I was so excited to meet her. I met Steph (jesse_3) on Saturday night. Unfortunatly, I didn't get to spend a lot of time talking to her, because we didn't get to meet until Saturday night, and it was right before the fireworks at the Fair, and I had to watch Austin, so he didn't break out of his stall during the loud noises. It was GREAT to finally meet her though!

LOTS of pictures coming up... I only got pictures of my friends and my family, sorry.

This is Travis (barrel racing) (he is a brother to Josh) forgot his horses name at the moment..

Jennifer riding Skeeter (barrel racing)

Matt riding one of his horses (barrel racing)

Me, barrel racing

Jason, another of Josh's brothers (barrel racing)

Travis
    Last edited by Toby's my baby; 07-17-2006 at 03:20 PM.

Josh - trying to keep his hat on (barrel racing)

Me waiting for my turn, talking to Brandon, Matt's older brother

Me and Austin, doing jumping figure 8, he stopped right before it, and THEN jumped it

My sisther and Cisco, yes he knocked down the pole

Me and Austin (barrel racing)

Alie and Kiss in showmanship

Sara and Cisco in Showmanship

Me and Austin in Showmansip

Alie and Kiss, Sara and Cisco, and Me and Austin up close

Not sure of this persons name or her horse, but her mare was GORGEAUS

Meranda and her horse

Ms. Kult, and her mare, I absolutly LOVE this horse, I really want it, I'd buy her in a heart beat if she was for sale.

Dawn and her sons horse, Shifty

my sister and Cisco

Alie's 6 month old Puggle, Louie, he was a sweetheart

Caroline and Wookie in Pleasure

Josh

Alie and Kiss

Sara and Cisco in Pleasure

Alie and Kiss

Jason and his horse

Sarah and her horse, forgot his name

Justin and Shifty

Sara and Cisco

Josh's little brother Jacob, a sweetheart, waiting for his turn in the ring

Those are great pictures. I just love horse shows.

Louie is a cutie.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

This is Billy, the PeekaPom that I babysat, he is a DOLL and I told Dawn (Josh's mom, the owner of Billy) that if I had to babysit him, that I got to take him home She told me that she only trusted me with him, and not even her own sons. These pics dont do him justice

Austin's Stall, I won best decoration in the barn, and got a $50 saddle blanket

Cisco's stall

Austin sleeping in his stall

Me and Austin in Barrels. They changed the rules, because it was SO hot out. I didn't have a T-shirt with, so I had to borrow one from Jason, so it was WAY too big

Me sitting by Matt's camper, out of the sun, waiting for my turn to run

Josh sitting at the camper too, he looks like a little kid in this pic

Not sure who this is, but his horse was HUGE and the poor kid was tiny, he walked the barrel pattern

Matt running barrels

Me and Austin running barrels

Thats all, hope you all enjoyed!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Great photos , looks like you had a great time at the horse show. All the horses are gorgeous, such stunning amazing animals. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I enjoyed those pictures so much! Billy is very cute, so is Louie. I also really liked you barn decaration its very nice. All the horses were beautiful! Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing.

Wow, you really spoiled us with all these beautiful horse pics! I enjoyed every single pic!! THANKS!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Great Pics, the show looked like it was a lot of fun!!
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Great photos! I love the one of you and Austin in action (his run). My aunt used to barrel race. I never got to see her compete in person, but I loved getting the photos.

I want to take ALL the horses home!

Did you get any photos of Two Socks? I hope he's okay. Poor guy. I've cracked my head on my parents 5th Wheel hitch, so I know they can do quite a bit of damage.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth
    Did you get any photos of Two Socks?
    Nope, I didn't get any picture of Two Socks. Hopefully she will be ok. She was an excellent barrel racer, and so beautiful. I'm going to make a thread for her in Pet General, and I will update it when possible. Me and her "dad" became good friends after she was injured. I'll try call him often, and get an update.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]