What uppity hooey.

Apparently some people's knowledge of American history and what made this country great does not include the industrial revolution. (Pity. But then, it goes with the incorrect use of "paradigm" and the bad spelling. Education is everything!)

But it might help them understand this quote (which yes, I have quoted before)..."as you are to the least of my people...so shall you be onto me."

I have represented management in election campaigns with the Teamsters, the UAW, the Machinists. I have negotiated union contracts with (not against) the Teamsters, Machinists, IBEW, and the CTM. I have "won" more than I "lost."

Let me make something clear - I am the granddaughter of a poor immigrant. But I am not a victim. I own my own company. I have never belonged to a union. No one in my family has ever belonged to a union. Everyone in my family is a college graduate with a professional career.

But every member of my family understands what it means to struggle to achieve. They understand the need for a level playing field.

I do not expect others to be just like me. There are far more intelligent and capable people than me. And there are those who have not had the advantages I have had. And there are people who work for employers that deserve unions. And there are people who work for employers that do not deserve unions.

That doesn't make them victims. Nor inferior. Nor superior.

But I cannot abide people who say..."I did not need a union - so no one else does."

Elitist. Arrogant. Ignorant.