Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing our wild friend Kini

Introducing our wild friend Kini

As you all know, we put out birdseed for the birds, but as I scatter it on the ground, we also get chipmunk, squirrels, and the occasional wild bunny. This spring and summer, Brownie, an adult has often come by, but in the last month, this little guy started coming by. He has nearly doubled in size in the past month, he is still little bunny. He is less skittish than Brownie, and was actually relaxing outside our door this afternoon. Usually the bunnies only come by dawn and dusk, as rabbits are crepuscular, so the light is bad for pictures. But this afternoon Kini bunny (baby rabbit are called "kittens" or "kits" so his name became Kini) was relaxing - Miss Hoppy taught us that the back legs to the side like you see here is a very relaxed bunny! He is still very wild, and will run at the slightest noise, so it was a rare treat to have him here in daylight so I could get a picture to show him to you!

I've Been Frosted

Awww, hello, Kini bunny! How sweet that you came to get an afternoon snack and relax!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Hi there cute Kini. If you play your cards right, you just might find that Miss Karen knows a lot about what bunnies love to eat. You'll never go hungry at her door, believe me !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Hello, hello, Kini bunny! Oh, how cute you are!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Hi there cute Kini. If you play your cards right, you just might find that Miss Karen knows a lot about what bunnies love to eat. You'll never go hungry at her door, believe me !
    Well, he has gotten to indulge in some fresh corn ... every few days I'll buy an ear while it is cheap and in season to put out - Brownie used to sit and eat it for a while, and Kini has done so a few times, but now one of the squirrels (who does it usually when I am not looking) has waited a day or so until enough of it has been eaten so it is light enough, and then carries it away!
    I've Been Frosted

Kini is adorable, his colouring looks to be perfectly designed for camouflage amongst tree bark and he looks so silky soft. Does he let you pet him, or is he too wild for this?

Still a LITTLE bunny? He looks quite long, all stretched out and relaxed. So glad you got a photo!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Still a LITTLE bunny? He looks quite long, all stretched out and relaxed. So glad you got a photo!
    It is deceiving, he still is very little compared to Brownie - about half the size of an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Litterati
    Kini is adorable, his colouring looks to be perfectly designed for camouflage amongst tree bark and he looks so silky soft. Does he let you pet him, or is he too wild for this?
    He is much, much too wild for that! And it is good he is wary, as not every human would have kind intentions! His color is perfect cammo for the dirt under the tree - it is very hard to see him there at all!
    I've Been Frosted

Bunnies know where to go! Hate to say it but you, too, have a Welcome sign on your door step. What a sweet baby!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Bunnies know where to go! Hate to say it but you, too, have a Welcome sign on your door step. What a sweet baby!
    Oh, slick, I have a welcome sign on my forehead - always have, born with it! And apparently it is neon, and animals can see it through a crowd! And I wouldn't have it any other way.
    I've Been Frosted

I used to have bunnies come around here. I could get sort of close to them. I would leave some food for them.
    I bet you look forward to seeing them everyday!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Karen, you have been adopted! I bet Kini will settle down and stay with you. He is gorgeous!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

What a stunning bunny!!! When I first moved here over 8 years ago, there was a bunny who would come visiting almost every day. She/he visited for almost 3 years. I don't know what happened but I sure enjoyed the visits. We used to have lots of wild bunnies in town but you never see them any more. I miss them.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi wonderful! I often see rabbits here eating or playing near some clover; they're fun to watch. Unfortunately Annie dog is always on the watch for them (not in a good way). Most of them escape her by running through the openings of the wire fence of the goat lot where she can't go.

Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
    Hi wonderful! I often see rabbits here eating or playing near some clover; they're fun to watch. Unfortunately Annie dog is always on the watch for them (not in a good way). Most of them escape her by running through the openings of the wire fence of the goat lot where she can't go.
    I inadvertently scared him today, he was outside the window for about an hour nibbling grass so I held off until I thought he was gone to put out the birdseed and refresh the water. But as I approached the tree, he had apparently been about 3=20 feet away, just out of sight until I got outside, so I saw his very white tail in full alert as he sped away.

But I am sure he will be back!
    I've Been Frosted