Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gini

OMG, I cannot stop crying.....!
    I don't come here on PT as much as I used to, but today I felt the urge that I had to come ... ........
    I will miss her so much...! I have never seen her for real. In 2003 we had planned a trip through the USA.
    Our Gini was so sweet and organized a first BBQ for us ! I was so very much looking forward to meeting her (and many other PT-friends)!!
    But then I was rushed to hospital where I got an urgent back surgery.
    when I realized that I would not be able to travel, I was so very sad.... .

I am so sad I never got the chance to meat you in person Gini......! You sure were a very special lady, and though there is an ocean between here and your place, I loved you so much!!
    Thank you so much for being such a special friend to all of us on PT!
    You will be missed so so much sweetheart.......
    Rest in peace dearest Gini!!.

Today I have written all my Xmas card on the PT-list of this year. Tomorrow I was planning to write my cards to other friends overseas, from PT and others;
    Every year I wrote to GiniI .
    So now I will hang the card that was meant to go to Gini on my wall......
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I have spent the last few days remembering all the fun I had meeting and spending time with her and all the great people from PT at the BBQs.

----------------

Gini was a lady's lady, but she did have a very small streak of bawdy running thru her veins. She was quick with a laugh and had a great shoulder and ear.

Gini loved her 'daughters', cats and a huge laugh.

------------------

One thing about the BBQs that no one may have known was the planning she did for the events.

Gini would talk to me about what she had planned and she would fixate on 'getting it right' and the other details...I finally convinced her that things would take care of themselves and not to worry.

I then prayed for a successful weekend.

------------------

Gini was a total rock star. She made you feel comfortable and was always ready with a smile or a laugh.

I know she dropped off the radar after she became sick and I was able to keep contact with her thru intermittent e-mails.

She was a wonderful person and great friend.

God bless her.

As another BBQ attendee - I will never forget Gini's warmth and hospitality in making everyone so welcome. She must have worked so hard, yet she made it seem so effortless. Seeing the house of Orange, and the other pettalkers, and the peeps, and the laughter, and the slushies, and major amounts of LMAO when the wine was spilled on my pants.

Gini - you were a class act. It was an honor to meet you. You will be missed.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Quote Originally Posted by catland View Post
    As another BBQ attendee - I will never forget Gini's warmth and hospitality in making everyone so welcome. She must have worked so hard, yet she made it seem so effortless. Seeing the house of Orange, and the other pettalkers, and the peeps, and the laughter, and the slushies, and major amounts of LMAO when the wine was spilled on my pants.

Gini - you were a class act. It was an honor to meet you. You will be missed.
    I was telling stories about her and laughed again about the STFU incident....

-------------------

We were hanging in the backyard as the party wound down and during a lull in the laughter, we heard a voice come from behind the hedge say,
    "S--- T-- F--- U-!"

We stopped and looked at each other in shock!

I went indoors to tell G what had happened - I didn't want her neighbors to hate her -and she responded along of the lines of "I don't care......."

No one was going to ruin HER party!

We did laugh about it for the rest of the weekend and it became a 'theme' for the crazy people that showed up whenever Gini put up her "Welcome Pet Talkers" sign on her porch......
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I was never able to be at the barbecues, but I do have an apron from one, so I guess that counts! Gini sweetly sent me one. I wore it for a picture with Miss Hoppy, and coincidently, that's the photo I use some other places as an avatar, although one can just see the apron straps.
    I've Been Frosted

OMG Richard, I forgot all about the STFU neighbours. How could that have slipped my mind. I remember when they yelled that out.
    Catland, there are so many incidents that took place before, during and after the BBQs. I have many many pictures of the 2 that I attended and a couple of Gini washing your pants in the kitchen sink. I wonder if there is going to be a big BBQ with Phred up at the Rainbow Bridge. Hell, why not eh???

I'm in Lost Angeles now staying at the Wilshire Hotel. Awesome place and they can't do enough for me. I even have a goldfish in my room to take care of and his name is Fred.

Hey Richard I took a walk down to the Grove this afternoon and walked around remembering when Gini was with me. Wish you were here.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Aww, slick, glad you have someone to look after wile you are there! And I bet Fred the goldfish isn't even half as loud as Miss Yodee! Do extend our Pet Talk greeting/condolences to the family, please! And enjoy the LA weather - even in November it is pretty nice!
    I've Been Frosted

Slick, I stayed at the Wilshire several decades ago when I was there for some music auditions. Nice place!

HUGS to you and everyone there.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Catty, I think you must be thinking of the Beverly Hills Wilshire??? That's the $400/night one. I'm on Wilshire but apparently this hotel building used to be a medial building until about 4 years ago. It's really awesome, great room, great staff, and they even provide a free bicycle for guests to use.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Oh Slick, it’s such a sad occasion and I’m sure LA brings back many memories - but I’m glad you’re attending Gini’s funeral. Kelly is, too, right? Have you met her brother/family/neighbor yet? Please give my heartfelt condolences to them all.

Is anyone arranging flowers for Gini’s funeral? I would like to give a contribution.

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    OMG Richard, I forgot all about the STFU neighbours. How could that have slipped my mind. I remember when they yelled that out.
    Catland, there are so many incidents that took place before, during and after the BBQs. I have many many pictures of the 2 that I attended and a couple of Gini washing your pants in the kitchen sink. I wonder if there is going to be a big BBQ with Phred up at the Rainbow Bridge. Hell, why not eh???

I'm in Lost Angeles now staying at the Wilshire Hotel. Awesome place and they can't do enough for me. I even have a goldfish in my room to take care of and his name is Fred.

Hey Richard I took a walk down to the Grove this afternoon and walked around remembering when Gini was with me. Wish you were here.
    I wish I could make it too.....

Slick, please give Pam a huge hug (Pam lived across the street from Gini and was her partner in crime) for me.

---------

There was Gini's drain in the shower, Mary the Bag Lady Goes to California, Gini's Ice Cube Trays and the Gini's Sightseeing and Tour Excursions, Onion Rings!!!!!!

The more I sit back and think about some of the happenings and stories from the BBQs I laugh...It was too much fun to sit back and be sad about them.

--------

Gini had asked me to help her out in some of the planning of the BBQs and even with that serious work at hand, we'd be goofing off while we did it.

We had gone to Costco to pick up some booze and other stuff for the BBQ....We had basket full of alcohol, mixers, and party plates/cups.

She and I were being boisterous and a young woman turned around and looked at us and the contents of our basket. She wrinkled up her face and turned around, apparently disgusted by what we were buying.

I looked at G and said in a loud voice, "THAT should keep us drunk all weekend......."

The woman turned back around to get a look at us and the basket.....again.

We laughed all the way back to her house........

-------------

You could stuff all the monkeys in the world into a barrel and they probably wouldn't match the fun that woman was capable of.........................
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I found it! The Gini memorial page is now in existence at http://gini.muchloved.com - one can post thoughts, memories, stories - and you do need to provide your name and email address at the end, I "added a thought" to be sure of the process.

I looked for an obituary, where it might list Gini's family's preference if they want donations in lieu of flowers or anything, but just found a simple one - only two sentences, that didn't say anything about that.
    I've Been Frosted

I just got this email:

Thank you for your contribution to Gini's Tribute. You can revisit anytime you wish by clicking here.

Please note that most contributions are reviewed by the Tribute Guardian so they can take some time to appear on the website.

In case you would like to view Gini's Tribute from another computer, we have also provided your own login and password which you can use whenever you visit the Tribute from http://gini.muchloved.com.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I found it! The Gini memorial page is now in existence at http://gini.muchloved.com - one can post thoughts, memories, stories - and you do need to provide your name and email address at the end, I "added a thought" to be sure of the process.

I looked for an obituary, where it might list Gini's family's preference if they want donations in lieu of flowers or anything, but just found a simple one - only two sentences, that didn't say anything about that.
    Did you say you found an obit? Could you post a link please. Thanx.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    Did you say you found an obit? Could you post a link please. Thanx.
    It is here: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lat...?pid=168211170
    I've Been Frosted