Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need URGENT advice, hurt cat....not mine..

I need URGENT advice, hurt cat....not mine..

I am really distressed right now, the irresponsible cat owner at the back of me is not home and a passing motorist made us aware one of her cats, young one has been probably hit by a car,(not him as it ran into our property he thought it belonged to us, I don't know what to do , there are so many places it can hide, we had a look and could not find it , then as I had written a note to this woman and was about to go over and leave it on her doorstep I spotted the cat under my sons car, it has a very badly hurt hind leg, bleeding and looking so painful, I felt sick in the stomach just seeing it suffer so much, it is feral because she has not handled the cat since it was a kitten, we almost had it cornered but it outsmarted us, now I know it is out there suffering and I just feel so bad, i cannot see us getting the chance to catch it again,poor thing it looks bad, please give me any ideas or advice, if i can get it we will be taking it straight away to the vet, this woman probably won't even bother and believe me it needs medical attention soon.

Please help I feel helpless.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

DEFINITELY call animal control and make them aware of the situation. If anything else if you can catch it bring that kitty to the vet PRONTO

But animal control is used to these types of situations and in your situation its the only solution i'm afraid. And since its on your property they can take it to the shelter without the owner's permission.

facebook

Call your local Humane Society or ASPCA quickly. They will be able to come with traps. Maybe the cat is hungry since it now cannot get its own food. If it is it will be caught quickly. Then they will take it and it may find a better hiome. But if you find it take it to the vet PRONTO! Good luck

The best way to catch it is to throw a blanket over it. QSL taught me a covered kitty is easy to handle. If you go out looking for it again, take a blanket. It will also protect YOU as the baby is hurt and probaly scared to death and will fight like mad and rip you apart if you try to catch it with your bare hands. (That would mean a trip to the ER for YOU!) If you get it, take it to the vet.... The baby is hurt, it needs help!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thanks that is what i thought I would do ring the local SPCA, but i am not sure what they will beable to do, it has left my property , we are not sure where it went now, sadly it won't get another home as it is feral, it outlook is dim, probably it will be PTS, but that is better than it suffering, trouble is there are so many cats they may end up trapping the wrong one, I know the cat was alright yesterday as i saw it, so it could have happened last night or today. WISH me luck I will need it in this case for sure.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Carole,

Please get this cat medical attention. The ASPCA will probably have to trap it since you said it is feral. Let them know that it is your neighbor's cat and was not avilable when the cat got hit. Give the vet the name and phone number of the neighbor. This cat needs your help. Looks to me like this irresponsible neighbor wouldn't give a rat's behind what happened to it. Even if, God FORBID, the cat has to be euthanized, at least he would not be in any more pain.

Thank you for caring.

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Everyone of course I am going to get it medical attention , but I cannot find the cat, I have no means to trap it either, the SPCA will only help if it is a life and death situation and that is a mobile phone number for me to ring, no problem with that, but the cat is nowwhere to be found now and that is why I am so darn distressed, as I feel totally helpless,you are right the owner won't give a dam, just found out from the boys next door that her two other cats have produced more kittens a litter each in their sheds, luckily they are really nice boys and love cats, geez I am so hopping mad, and there is nothing i can do about that, my stomach is in knots just thinking about the suffering it is going through , if only it would come back here to me, please pray for a miracle.,because I think that is the only way I am going to beable to help this poor wee thing.
    Furangels only lent.

Maybe it will be PTS. But maybe they can get it to be better with humans and also maybe someone will foster.

Maybe the ASPCA will take all the cats away from her and get some of the RIGHTFUL HOMES. The cats will ne nuetered and stuff. Tell them about your nieghbor. She is probably a hoarder.

I have already talked to the SPCA about her before, there is nothing they can do, because as long as they are fed, which they are , but not enough and look reasonable they cannot touch her with a barge pole, mind you this baby is way too thin, so maybe there might be grounds, i am damn sick of her and I am going to get them to come and inspect the cats at least, but still there is little hope for this wee baby, and my heart is heavy, knowing it is so close but so far away, don't worry if i can get the cat it will be at the vet PRONTO.,sadly it will be PTS i am sure because she wont pay for its treatment, and being feral adoption is not an option , but that would be better than it suffering as it is now.
    Furangels only lent.

I know it's really sad and it seems mean, but maybe you can find it yourself and make the vet put it to aleep. If there is no chance of it being adopted or having a good future then there is nothing you can do.

Hubby and I are trying to catch it, we went looking and found it with its mother 4 houses down, it is getting wearier and we were hoping to catch it, we almost did, I am so fustrated that we cannot get the kitty, and it is hurt bad, it needs pain relief and attention, the SPCA won't come and trap it because it is owned, but i am thinking of lying and saying it is a stray, it will get PTS i already know that, but it has not got a good life anyhow and i am sure the cost of fixing it up would be a lot and I know the owner will not to that, this is really fustrating and there just seems no help available when you need it, you ring these people up and you get made to feel you are the one in the wrong if you know what i mean.

I managed to get hold of the SPCA who told me there is no inspector on this weekend and I will need to ring back monday morning, for goodness sake, so the poor kitty just has to suffer on, they are much more experienced and may be able to catch it, we will keep trying, but for now it has disappeared again, we can only hope it gets weak enough for us to catch it, but by then it will probably be too late, however they did say if the owner is notified and does not treat the cat then they can do something, still the owner probably cannot even get the cat, this situation just gets worse by the minute, i will not sleep easy tonight knowing that poor wee thing is suffering all alone out there, brings tears to my eyes, i will keep going back to see if it re-appears, this will indeed take a miracle I can see that.
    Last edited by carole; 11-12-2005 at 09:05 PM.
    Furangels only lent.

Aw! I am really sorry! Agian, Good Luck!

I am so sorry you are going through this - it hurts SO MUCH to care SO MUCH - doesn't it?

Is there ANY feral organisation or welfare group who can loan you a humane trap??

Praying you find a solution. I have to agree that maybe the most humane thing is to lie about it having an owner, and least then it's suffering will end

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I have had a sleepless night, not being able to get this poor wee thing out of my mind, there is no happy ending here, I cannot even find the cat now, and I had left a note for the so called owner (I use this term lightly) grrr..., and then I saw she was home, my home is two storied and looks right down at the back of her unit, so I have a birds eye view, so I took hubby for support and approached them, I noticed my note was lying on the ground, and she was there with her daughter I think and her boyfriend, they were in their car getting ready to leave, it was a total waste of time, I came back more upset and fustrated than ever, i kept my cool and was a nice as pie, but by god it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, she was trying to say they were not her cats, but I reminded her they were her cats kittens, her daughter reluctantly admitted they were her's, but what could they do they cannot get up to the cat either,(hello your fault for making them feral) to be frank they could not give a damn, and were just saying anything to get me off their backs, this moron of a boyfriend or whatever he was was saying things like they make great eel bait and I will catch it, yeah right I can imagine how to, i ignored him, and they said he is only joking, yeah and pigs fly, i am worried because my neighbour said one set of kittens had just suddenly disappeared, and to good homes I think not, I also think Duchess is pregnant as she looks fat, and none of her cats are exactly fat.

I am in an impossible situation , there is no point getting the SPCA to come out, as we have no idea where the cat is to trap it,, i went looking today no sign of it, and the SPCA cannot touch her unless the cats are in a very bad state, suprisingly they are not,so you see the bind, she can just keep breeding hundreds of feral cats and I cannot do a damn thing about it.. i can only hope that when the heat is on she moves again, but of course she will just do the same every where she goes, it is disgusting.

I am really distressed over this, I just cannot settle into a day's rountine, my nerves are on edge, I am torn between sadness, extreme anger building up and I just feel stressed out bigtime, this is an ongoing situation and my hands are tied, where is the fairness in all this, there just isn't any, and to think that poor kitty is out there suffering and I cannot help it, just breaks my heart in two , while I sit and worry myself sick, that B***h sits on her lazy backside and does nothing.

Honestly folks i just want to scream and shout and tell this B***h what I really think of her, I have just tried to help her all along and be nice, but inside my blood is boling, to top it off all her feral cats are hungry (yes she feeds them but not enough) and are always over here looking for food or shelter and fighting with my cats causing them distress and me heaps of vet bills, there is no end to it all, and I knew it was only a matter of time before something tragic like this happened and I knew she would not give a toss.
    Furangels only lent.