Thread: Hi I'm a lonely African Grey

Hi I'm a lonely African Grey

Hi ,

My name is Scarlet. I'm a wonderful, smart, cute, cuddly .....
    I could go on, Grey. My mom & I live in a big house in Nevada, but it is very lonely because there are a not a lot of Grey bird mommies to talk to out here. My mom & I would like to talk to you and your parent's about all the cute things you do. I know you are just as smart as me, and they have lots of stories to tell. Boy my Mom could tell stories herself(some I just don't want her to).
    Please get your mom to post them. I live with 20 other brother's and sister's but we won't talk about them(they are not as smart as me). I hope to talk to you soon.

~Angus~

hello
    i also have a congo african grey......i love my mojo to death, he is only 9 months old...he doesnt talk yet, but makes alot of noises....i can understand some of his words, but thats only cause im his mom....his first words were F*** you, my b/f taught it to him, we try not to incourage him, but he knowsw it now, sometimes i say "hello", and he says F*** you back to me, but i cant give him trouble cause we taught it to him...he has learned to dance and bob his head...he loves to be out on his play gym, he does bite me alot, he has a weird attitude. he has his nice days, when he wants to be cuddled, but other days watch out!!!!i dont know how to dicipline him, ive tried NO!! and taking his toys away, and putting him in his cage for a time out, but he still bites....i know hes moody.
    he loves his grapes, and corn on the cob.
    he doesnt really like water, and having baths. weve tried a few times to bring him in the shower, hes not that interested, and we tried misting him, he just runs away..
    i live in ontario canada, by the way

Christine
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Scarlett, you are gorgeous!!! I'm sorry I don't have an African Gray that i can discuss with you, but I did meet my first one, in person, this past Sunday. His name is Max and he is 8 years old. He belongs to one of my friends. What a handsome fellow he is! I know you would love him.

If I ever got another type of bird, other than the Cockatiels that I have now, an African Grey would be it, for sure!!!!

Logan

I am sooo.... glad to here from you nbprincess79. I hope we can share many stories. As you can see with Scarlet she has many talents. Bad words are hard to break. I have found you just can"t pay any attention to them. Its their way of getting attention. Repitition is a very good way to get them to learn new word's. Everytime I see her I say "hi Scarlet" Now when I enter the room she always says that. It gives them great pleasure to do something good. I'm at work soo it's just a short note. I think I can help with some of the other issues you have in a later post. Please send mor pix I thinke he is beautiful.
    ~Angus~

Hi there Scarlet!!! What a beautiful African Grey you are!!!

Now tell me, who won the chess game....you, or your mommy? I bet it was you. You're the smartest critter in the house, aren't you?

hello
    i have more pics.....

hello one more pic, i didnt know how to attach 2 at a time, i would love more info on how other poeple are with their gray, and storries and stuff....

Christine

Popcorn - Scarlet always wins!!! I think she reads chess books while I am at work.
    ~Angus~

She beats me at chess too. She is one smart birdie!

wow!! YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY I WANNA AFRICAN GREY SO BAD!!!!! lolololol they are such beautiful birds and they speak so well!!

AWW so cute!! I LOVE CONGO AFRICAN GREYS! Although I am not a grey bird mommie lol I have a congo african grey cusin!! His name is Patty and he belongs to my uncle. My favorite things to do with Patty are to have him on my shoulder and give him kisses, listen to him tell me about his extended vocabulary (example: Patty wants some good food!!!) lol I also like sharing food with him!! He enjoys it too Ill post some pics of Patty asap! lol
    ~*~green_chameleon_girl~*~
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!

*faints*