Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't feel welcome here! :(

I don't feel welcome here! :(

I really don't feel welcome here at all! I don't know any of the people besides 2crazypuppiesforme, chelsea, Puppy_love4 & luckydog. What do I have to do to feel welcome here?

Krista
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I don't see why you wouldn't feel welcomed here.

You've only been here for a month. You can't expect to make a million close friend here in just a month.

Just keep posting, and fyi, threads like this generally push a lot of people away.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

A start would be not to make a thread like this. They tend to turn people away instead of wanting to get to know you better. Just continue to comment and we'll get to know you. All of those "I'm leaving threads, etc" give bad vibes.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I didn't mean to push anybody away by posting this thread it was just the truth I won't post anymore threads like this I was just saying how I really feel.

I'm very sorry that you do not feel welcome here. But in all honesty, I haven't seen many posts from you. How about starting threads about your pets, and tell us all about them. Sharing pictures help, too. Also, it helps to post compliments to other people's pictures, too.

Just keep posting, and don't give up so quickly.

okay I will post pics of my pets right now

Have you ever posted an introduction thread? This is the first post I've ever seen from you.

If you do an introduction thread such as "Hi I'm Joan and I have a dog, I have a pesty little brother, I want to be a dentist when I grow up, etc. That way people get to know you and can commet back to you. They can get to know something about you that perhaos they relate to, etc. Just remeber that since this is apublic forum not to give out any real personal info. you never know who's reading it so no last name or name of shcool, etc.

Originally posted by Kfamr
    I don't see why you wouldn't feel welcomed here.

You've only been here for a month. You can't expect to make a million close friend here in just a month.

Just keep posting, and fyi, threads like this generally push a lot of people away.
    Ditto. Well said, Kay.

It takes time to make new friends on a forum, just keep posting and give it some time.
    "The moral progress of a nation can be judged by the way it treats its animals" - Gandhi
    http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/4402/NC/US/1

Have you ever posted an introduction thread? This is the first post I've ever seen from you.
    yes I have done an introduction thread and I just posting pics of my dogs in dog general

Krista

Weird. I've been here since June and I'm more of a lurker. That can be seen on my number of posts.. but it's not about the number of posts or anything. I read every post I can (time allowing) and if something really sticks out, I do post. And if I don't want to post publicly, I'll PM the person about it. Like, if it's something I really can compare to or something. And many people have done this to me.

While I don't think I have many "friends" here, I think more than half of the active members know who I am, and I talk to many of them on AIM and through PMs. Try PMing people with certain interests as yours, and go from there. I guarantee you'll make friends.
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

okay I will

As a newcomer, I'm just getting familiar with this site and all it's aspects. Give it a chance. I know you replied to my postings so if you keep doing that and voicing your thoughts when you see something you might get somwhere.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for replying to MY threads. I just love to share my love of Duke and anything else I can.

Take care, misterduke

your misterduke is gorgeous

Buckner is right. I've been a member for almost 3 years (?) now and it's taken me that long to make all the friends I have on this site. Believe me, once you get to know people, you'll have a great group of friends.

Welcome to PT!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!