Thread: Sphynx questions

Sphynx questions

Dear people of Sphynx cats, I have some questions because I don't know much about the Sphynx breed and I'd like to know more... Today's Cat of the Day (Minx) gets a bath weekly. Do all Sphynx cats need regular baths? Is it because they don't have a hair coat? Do they like being bathed? Do their claws need more attention than furred cats? Also - what is their personality like, do they like to be busy? Are they ever cuddlers? I'll be interested to know anything you'd like to tell me.

Thank you! --- mom of a furry girl
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sphynx questions

I am wondering the same things.. Come on Duckie's mom & MooShoo's mom Donna && help us out here with what you all know..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    Dear people of Sphynx cats, I have some questions because I don't know much about the Sphynx breed and I'd like to know more... Today's Cat of the Day (Minx) gets a bath weekly. Do all Sphynx cats need regular baths? Is it because they don't have a hair coat? Do they like being bathed? Do their claws need more attention than furred cats? Also - what is their personality like, do they like to be busy? Are they ever cuddlers? I'll be interested to know anything you'd like to tell me.

Thank you! --- mom of a furry girl
    Yes they ALL needs baths usually more then once a week. Because they have no fur the oils from the skin come out more and make them greasy and orange and can stain your furniture if left for too long. They aren't recommended for people who have allergies to cats like most people think because they do release more oil which is what people are usually allergic to, so they are worse for people with allergies to cats.
    Most of them are started from a kitten at being bathed so they get used to it, I've never herd of one who freaks out when it gets bathed. They don't necissarily enjoy it but they will tolerate it. Their claws do need more attention too because there is no hair there thier nails get dirty and need to be wiped off with a cloth (they turn black at the top).
    Their personalities, I don't think you can fully describe you would have to meet/own one. They are so so loving and NEED to have attention always. They are extreme cuddlers and I know mine loves to be carried around and I've herd the same about others. They are more like a little kid then a cat. My Duck cries to be picked up, he snores, he has to get baths and get dressed all like a baby. He has this err weird habit though of sucking his nipples before he falls asleep . When he gose to bed he HAS to be around people and when it's night time he has to be in a bed with someone he can't go sleep on the couch or floor like the other cats. He usually puts his 2 front paws on your neck and starts purring really loud then gose to his nipples then sleeps. He also loves to cuddle under the blankets.
    He deffinatly is nothing like the other cats.
    I'll add more about him as I remember more things to put.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Sphynx questions

Hey thanks.. That is so neat to read all about these cats.. How so cute Duck sucks his own nipple to go to sleep.. Please tell us more..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Do all Sphynx cats need regular baths? Is it because they don't have a hair coat? Do they like being bathed? Do their claws need more attention than furred cats? Also - what is their personality like, do they like to be busy? Are they ever cuddlers? I'll be interested to know anything you'd like to tell me.
    The breeder of Lexi June doesn't bathe his cats. He says that they are very clean animals and don't need weekly baths.

I, on the otherhand, bathe my cats whenever I feel the oil settle on their skin, causing my hand to get oily when I pet him. That's one of the best signs.

MooShoo isn't crazy about it. But he knows it has to be done. I put a towel on the bottom of the sink when I bathe him, to prevent him from feeling like slipping. Their ears get unusually dirty because they have no fur to catch the dirt from going into the canal. I clean them twice, sometimes even 3 times a week.
    Their personalities are unlike any cat I've been owned by. They are VERY loyal and vocal. Every cat has their own, unique personality. MooShoo is a real people cat. He LOVES going for rides in his buggy. People stop me on the street and ask me about him. Moo LOVES the attention too. I take him all over when it's warm out. He loves car rides and the warmth of the sun.

MooShoo is a cuddler when it's lights out. I can hold him in my arms and he'll purr me to sleep (with his OWN pillow). Lexi June is young and VERY active. I can't wait till she gets older to see how she settles down.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thank you both for teaching me more about this unique kitty breed!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Buttercup132 and Moosmom, how are your Sphynx kitties getting along?

Cassiesmom,

FABULOUSLY!! They sleep together all the time. Lexie Joon has SOO much energy! I get tired just watching her.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!