Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mastidanes???

Mastidanes???

obviously they are a cross of a mastiff and a great dane, but what are their temperments like? i saw an ad in the paper for a litter of mastidanes and thought i'd lear about them. also, can anyone find pics of a mastidane?
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

They are just mixes, so their temperments would be either like the Danes or the Mastiff's. Its hard to tell since mixes are always a surprise.

facebook

Like any mixed breed, you never know what combination of their parent's genes they'll end up with.

My guess? Adorable pups, large, loose-skinned, slick fur, stubborn but sweet. Important to train in things EARLY while one still has the upper hand size-wise in the relationship.

Here is a site with pictures...

MastiDanes

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

They're just mixes More designer breeds It's just a cross between a Great Dane/Mastiff. I guess they're tempermants are 'gentle giantish' because that's what Mastiffs and Great Danes are.... gentle giants.

Oh my friend has one, we refer to them as Loads. Buddy, her load, is HUGE close to umm 195 lbs. and he isn't overweight. He is a sweet boy and mostly sleeps. She just rescued a great dane puppy and says that Lucy uses him as protection from her other dane when she gets to rough with her.
    He's about 6 years old and a rescue. Very tragic story actually, his owners were in Newfoundland on some rocks and fell off the rocks into the sea. People found their cameras and there was only 2 pics on it of them on the rocks before they fell in, their bodies were never found.

Anyways here's some pics of Buddy.

"To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

what a TERIIBLE story! they must have been so scared.

i know that Mastidanes are just another designer dog. i just wanted to know what they looked like, etc.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

They could look like anything, like danes, like Mastiff's like neither. Temperments same thing. The wonders of mutts.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Mastidanes

You are right they can look like anything... I am the protector of an 8 month old mastidane. He is the sweetest gentle giant. Here are some pics so that you can see the difference between Morpheus and Buddy. Morpheus is a neo/dane and buddy is an english/dane. Morph was from an accidental breeding and since then the dad has been fixed. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. They are such great dogs. At 8 months Morpehus is 36" at the shoulder and weighs 110 lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MORPHEUS 233.jpg 
Views:	1882 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	30556   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MORPHEUS 227.jpg 
Views:	1793 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	30557   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MORPHEUS 235.jpg 
Views:	1560 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	30558   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MORPHEUS 232.jpg 
Views:	1350 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	30559  

He looks like a sweetheart! Give him a big hug for me, okay? He's certainly big enough to hug!

Danes and Mastiffs have similar temperaments, so you'd most likely not have an issue there - provided that the parents have stable temperaments and you don't raise them on a chain or to be aggressive.

BARF! More designer breeds!!
    It's bad enough these "designer breeders" have messed up all of the little dogs, why can't they leave the big breeds alone!!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9
    BARF! More designer breeds!!
    It's bad enough these "designer breeders" have messed up all of the little dogs, why can't they leave the big breeds alone!!!!
    Omgosh, I know! It pisses me off to no end.
    But, these dogs sure are good looking...

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Cat-Lover
    Here is a site with pictures...

MastiDanes

omg theres acutually someone put breeding these??! ugg RIDICULOUS! Sure they are good looking dogs, and are probably very sweet, but there is absolutly no reason to be breeding them

they sure are cute though!! Im with you on this as well, why cant people just leave things as is and not be doing things like this! It's sad that people do but boy they are cute!!