Thread: I have a good excuse...

I have a good excuse...

... to drink a glass of wine today. We have just been warned not drink the water in all of Copenhagen, they have found E-coli bacteria in it.

I have of course emptied Fister's glass and the Petmate. I'm boiling water like crazy and putting ice cubes in, so he can get a drink fast if he wants.

The link shows an image of Copenhagen - I live in Nørrebro. I wonder what they're going to do about it.

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2011/08/19/170625.htm

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    ... to drink a glass of wine today. We have just been warned not drink the water in all of Copenhagen, they have found E-coli bacteria in it.

I have of course emptied Fister's glass and the Petmate. I'm boiling water like crazy and putting ice cubes in, so he can get a drink fast if he wants.

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2011/08/19/170625.htm
    1-Well, I hope the wine is a Pinot.

2-The ice cubes? Were they made with the water that's tainted?
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Usually, they just wait for rain to dilute the water and make it safe again.

Thanks for the map, interesting!

Enjoy that glass of wine!

Freedom, I will! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    1-Well, I hope the wine is a Pinot.

2-The ice cubes? Were they made with the water that's tainted?
    Well, it's not a Pinot, although I love that. It's a Cabernet Savignon/Merlot called Spiers from South Africa. I quite like that, too.

The ice cubes had been in the freezer for weeks - I did think about that.

Isn't it amazing, they can't tell for sure if the water is dangerous to drink... until tomorrow when they have done some more tests. In any case, I have a couple of pots with boiled water now. I did cook my potatoes in it, and I'm still here.

Edit* I just read that you can boil potatoes, but not brush your teeth. And the water has to boil for two minutes. I'm safe! I just wonder if Fister likes water that potatoes has been boiled in, I've given him half/half.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh dear, yes, I totally agree that you should drink the wine. I would most likely need more than one glass to help me cope with such a situation.

LOL! Oh indeed! I've just had my second. (it is dinner time here, after all)

Oh dear Randi and Fister forced to drink wine and potato water... (don't they make some sort of moonshine out of potato water stuff ) seriously... that e.coli stuff is nothing to mess with. You all take care....

Laurie
    ~ at least I'm not...

Quote Originally Posted by lbaker View Post
    ...forced to drink wine and potato water... (don't they make some sort of moonshine out of potato water stuff ) seriously... that e.coli stuff is nothing to mess with. You all take care....

Laurie
    Thanks Laurie, but I have no idea what you're talking about here. Probably gotta brush up my English.

Randi, moonshine - aka "Boot Leg Whiskey" is a home made alcoholic brew (mostly illegal) often made with potatos, rather fermented I believe... brewed in a "still" - a kettle type of thing with copper piping catching the drip whilst simmering the brew... or so I've heard
    ~ at least I'm not...

Ah, thanks for enlightening me. Of course, you haven't tasted any of that!

Btw, how are you doing, we don't see you very often anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I just wonder if Fister likes water that potatoes has been boiled in, I've given him half/half.

Better watch out, Fister might come to like his water like that all the time.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Potatoes are used to make Vodka - I'd keep an eye on what Fister's drinking.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

This is a foul thought, but if you can't brush your teeth with the water, you sure can't bathe with it. I would boil water just to sponge bathe.

Hope it gets better soon.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

At last...

We are now allowed to drink tap water again. I've come to realize how much I enjoy a fresh glass of ice cold water - not to mention how much easier it is!

The situation is reminding me of how my grandmother lived. I used to visit her every summer during the fifties, and I remember the buckets of rain water that was always standing outside. There was also pump 2-3 minutes walk away, but buckets full of water are heavy!