Thread: Photo refs needed

Photo refs needed

My mom and my aunt have been wanting to make crafts and sell them for a while now. They are really good at things they do, and I really believe they could sell.

So the other day my mom was in this store talking to the owner for a while. Eventually my mom mentioned what she wanted to do....the lady said for my mom to get stuff together, and if they liked what they saw, they would sell it in her store. My mom told her about my drawings, and she said she would be interested in those too.

So, I want to try and draw something I can see if she will accept...I HIGHLY doubt anyone would want to buy my stuff...I'm not that good yet, but I thought it would be good practice anyway. I need some sort of motivation to draw these days

That leads me to the point of this thread...I don't really have anything to draw. I don't want to use something off the net, as it would be copyrighted to someone (like someone's photo). I originally wanted to draw a horse, but I don't own a horse...i would need a good headshot (and body shot?) of a horse...I might do a dog or a cat...I'm not sure yet...I may even do one of my own pets. However, if you feel like it, post some pictures and I might see something I would like to draw (certain pictures really capture my interest, which is why I find it hard to draw I guess) anyway, that is if you don't mind me drawing it and potentally selling it. I could put the name of the animal on it maybe, but I don't exactly know how I should go about it...like would I need the owners name on it??)

Like I said though, I might just use my own...but I don't know yet...I also don't know that anyone would want me to draw their pet and try to sell it (not that that would happen...but atleast you could get a drawing done of your pet hahah....hopefully it might end up looking like your pet anyway o_O)

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Hmm...so you want animals?
    I have some creative Black and White things if you don't mind something besides animals.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Go to wetcanvas.com -- they have an awesome reference library. You'll get lost for hours in there searching for a reference pic.

You have my permission to use any pictures you've ever seen of mine, Audrey.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I need someone that can give me permission though...if I use that website, am I allowed to draw the images?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

you can use any of mine or Dugansdads
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

here are some you could use if you like:

A wild pony on one of the islands at OuterBanks, NC

a tropical plant:

Great Dane

the Bean at Millenium Park, Chicago

a cow

I have lots more of horses and cows not on my zoto, also a few zoo pics. PM me if you need one of them.
    you can use anything else on my zoto: longfellow.zoto.com

Niño & Eliza

Feel free to use any of my photos aswell Audrey, you are welcome to them. If you want the originals to any of the following let me know .

ETA: More piccies
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Quote Originally Posted by slleipnir
    I need someone that can give me permission though...if I use that website, am I allowed to draw the images?
    YUP - THATS WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR -- FOR ARTISTS TO USE AS THEY WANT AS REFERENCE MATERIAL. oOOPS -- EXCUSE THE CAPS (WORKING ON A DRAWING AND AUTOCAD DRAWINGS NEED OT BE IN CAPS)

Feel free to use any of mine too. Good luck!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You are more than welcome to use any of the pics I have ever posted.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

You can definatly use any pics I've ever posted!

Here are a couple threads of the dogs:
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=100154
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=100104

And I am taking pics of the donkey this weekend... so if you want me to post them for you, just ask!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

You can use any of my pics, which can be found in my Zoto. I have others that arent on my Zoto, too. http://roxyluvsme13.zoto.com
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    Go to wetcanvas.com -- they have an awesome reference library. You'll get lost for hours in there searching for a reference pic.
    Hey - that looks like a really great site! I'm thinking about joining.

I use alot of reference pictures, too. I use the Google image search & can usually find anything I need. If you're only using pictures for references, you aren't breaking any copyright laws so you don't have to get permission. If you want to use the actual images, that's another story. What do they plan to do for their crafts?

Here are a couple of non animal ones if you prefer...

[[[Picture removed]]]]

Or just one, and its not even that good Oh well, maybe I'll find some better ones later...

You are more than welcome to use any pictures of my animals
    Last edited by k9krazee; 05-16-2006 at 05:23 PM.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08