Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm fostering; PICS #26 & 27!

I'm fostering; PICS #26 & 27!

I started trapping my 4th colony yesterday (Saturday). I was told 5 adults and 4 kittens. Last night at almost 9 PM ( after dark, here), I caught a kitten. The caretaker has called this one Boots, due to the white paws.
    I arranged for someone from PawsWatch to come over Monday afternoon and make an assessment as to whether this kitten can be socialized.

This afternoon, I took Boots out and held the kitten. After a few frantic moments, the kitten settled down. I took Boots out a few more times. I now know Boots is a female, I've held her several times, and I am quite certain she can be socialized! She fell asleep on my chest at one point.

This evening, we* caught another kitten, at about the same hour. As we approached, flashlight on, we saw a third kitten sitting huddled next to the trap. Afraid to leave it's sibling! Aw. So I reset the trap and in just 11 minutes had kitten #3. The caretaker calls them Midnight and Blackie, not sure which is which.

* My neighbor, Justin -- Inluvwithanimals -- has been helping with this colony so my Dad is taking a break from cat catching. Justin is having a great time!

Kitten #2

Kitten #3

These two are noticeably smaller than Boots. A different litter, maybe? And the third one we caught is quite smaller than its sibling.

Sorry about the photos, I'll get more in a day or so. The black ones are quite frightened just now, as they've only been inside for about 2 hours!

They are in separate carriers for the night. And all three are yowling as I sit typing.
    Last edited by Freedom; 07-19-2007 at 10:04 AM.

Oh they are so cute. And how sweet that the one was too afraid to leave it's sibling.

God bless you for taking care of these sweet babies.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

OMG... look at those little scared faces!!! Awe!!! I just want to cuddle them and let them know they'll be ok!

SOOOO glad they are with you and your neighbor!! Hugs, kisses and gentle pets to the wee ones!

Oh, they look so frightened. Poor kitties.
    But I know with you they will get the TLC they need!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Excellent job! At this age they should be friendly in no time. I just ADORE little Boots.

Aw, they look so scared. But w/love, they'll be fine in no time. Thank you for doing this work.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

OK, so I made a "beginner's" mistake. I left them in the carriers with their food and water dishes over night. Now I know to just put those in at feeding time and then remove, to keep things cleaner. This morning I had 3 soaking wet mushy messes and kitties and 3 carriers which needed complete cleanings.

These babies are 8 to 10 weeks old. How often should I feed? Would 3 times per day be enough? They are eating dry kibble and canned food. I want to put in food and water for 20 to 30 minutes, then remove. I just need to know how often.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Freedom; 07-16-2007 at 10:20 AM.

They sure are cute and being very young they should all be able to be socialized and then find new homes. I would feed them about 3 times a day. That should be enough unless you notice that they're losing weight. Good luck trapping the rest of them.

arent they so cute?

When i first saw them i was like woooooooooo! then i was at sandras house holding boots and she is simply adorable i also think they can be socialized!

Justin,
    Justin and the pups.

Great job Sandra and Justin! These babies will be calmed down soon and on the road to happier, healthier days thanks to you both!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

We just had the assessment. The woman is amazed that I am holding them and have already trimmed their nails, he he. (You should see my arms; the reason nails got trimmed very quickly.)

So we got some info wrong.

Boots is a male, about 10 weeks. Quite healthy and ready to adopt in 2 weeks.

Blackie is a male, about 8 weeks. Ready to adopt in 3 to 4 weeks.

Midnight is a female, about 8 weeks. Too thin, I will go buy some KMR and mix it with water to help her strengthen up. Her eyes are foggy, we are hoping that giving her the dewormer and KMR will get her strong enough to fight off whatever is bothering her.

I will get all dewormed and that will also help Midnight.

She told me the names the caretaker gave are too common and won't get them adopted; so I'll be needing new names for them!

For now, using the "old" names. Here is Boots, male:

Blackie, male

Midnight, female:

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Freedom; 07-16-2007 at 05:11 PM.

Oh! They are bigger than I thought they were!!

Hope the little girl fights off whatever is bothering her and gets all better!! The names are common, but you don't want really odd ones either...

How about some Pirates of the Carribean names, lol. Black Pearl for the girl, maybe Capt Jack for one of the boys, and whomever the other dude was that was in the movie. I dunno.... just a thought, lol.

Thank God That You Were Able To Catch Them While They Are Still Young Enough That They Can Be Tamed. God Bless You For Giving These Little Ferals A Second Chance.
    Have You Seen Thier Meowmie?
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Yes, we have seen 3 of the 5 adults. Two black adults and one grey tabby. We believe these are the moms and dad.

I don't have access to a vet slot to get adults fixed until after Friday; so I am focusing on the kittens for now and will try to trap the adults later in the week.

"Boots" could be "Chaplin" with that little moustache of his!

Black girl - Ashley?

And anyone like black "Jellybean"s?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda