Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Illinois Politics

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Obama is not a elected official of goverment, he has no authority to
    do anything. It's none of his business.
    While he is the President elect, is he not still the Senator from IL? As a cittizen and the State Senator could he not make a strong condemnation of the Govenors actions and call for an investigation because it is his, Mr Obama's, seat that the gov was attempting to "sell"?
    Last edited by blue; 12-10-2008 at 10:29 PM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Why do they owe anything to anybody?
    Because they are representing the man who will take the most powerfull office in the world.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    blue, are you reporting this event the way you are to disclose information, or to confirm a prejudice?

I'm just glad you didn't major in Journalism.
    Im not reporting anything, Im attempting to point out the inconsistancies of the posts of others.

I could just make a statement and not back it up as others repeately do here time after time, I chose to try to post the sources for what I find and let you and others come to their own conclusions.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

It's just the "R" side getting a chance to get their digs in. Imagine if this happened to a Republican. LOL
    It did - with the last Illinois Governor. He is serving 6.5 years in a Federal Prison.

Obama has a clear record. Until he proves otherwise, I will be skeptical of anything he tries to do.
    Why would you be skeptical if he currently has a clear record?

Like it or not, who you choose to associate with and keep as friends says a GREAT deal about who you are.
    Ah, but your previous comment was that your friends show you your future - not who you are at this moment in time.

5. Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Im not reporting anything, Im attempting to point out the inconsistancies of the posts of others.

I could just make a statement and not back it up as others repeately do here time after time, I chose to try to post the sources for what I find and let you and others come to their own conclusions.
    Yawn....

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Yawn....
    Would it be more exciting for you if I started making random unsubstantiated statements? If I started doing that I could make fun of you and others when you want to see the source of my information and belittle you for your lack of interweb search skills.

I guess in your eyes that would be fair play.

I dont give two Ds if the letter behind the gov of IL is D or R.

I want to see the facts, it seems you and others dont care.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

7. Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Would it be more exciting for you if I started making random unsubstantiated statements? If I started doing that I could make fun of you and others when you want to see the source of my information and belittle you for your lack of interweb search skills.

I guess in your eyes that would be fair play.

I dont give two Ds if the letter behind the gov of IL is D or R.

I want to see the facts, it seems you and others dont care.
    Again...yawn....

Can you say something interesting? Or at least understandable?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    Again...yawn....
    Thanks for the confirmation.

I can edit too.

You got anything better?

Further edit: You really have nothing better then "Yawn" to show your point? Seriously? Do you have any facts to back up anything you post? Im assuming you make it up as you go along from this point foreward as you have rarely backed up anything you post with a source or fact.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    It did - with the last Illinois Governor. He is serving 6.5 years in a Federal Prison.
    A trend?

Why would you be skeptical if he currently has a clear record?
    Because he is trying to talk like the guy he clearly has NOT been in the past.

Ah, but your previous comment was that your friends show you your future - not who you are at this moment in time.
    <sigh>

Context matters Grace. You KNOW what I am talking about. Please don't go ES on me.

(Pulls pin - I regret even starting this thread.... I should have known better.)
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Puck, just remember......when the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is NOT your friend.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Context matters Grace. You KNOW what I am talking about. Please don't go ES on me.
    Oh, I was under the impression that it was a poster from Alaska who was the nit picker in these parts

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    While he is the President elect, is he not still the Senator from IL? As a cittizen and the State Senator could he not make a strong condemnation of the Govenors actions and call for an investigation because it is his, Mr Obama's, seat that the gov was attempting to "sell"?

Obama has already resigned his seat in the Senate. He is President elect,
    but not President yet.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Technically, President-elect Obama is in political "no man's land". He's not a Senator anymore, and he is not the President, either. As is proper, IMO, he is focusing on what he needs in place to take his seat as President in January. What his "camp" and he say may or may not jibe, based on the date at hand at any given time. The motivation of the different stories might be lies, might be carelessness, might be ignorance. As someone once said (I forget the origin, but a character on Bablyon 5 used this quote):"Truth is a three-edged sword; yours, mine, and the real truth."
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

This Governor is a real piece of work. His transgressions, and investigations by the FBI, go back years - long before Obama decided to run for President. I read that his father in law has barely spoken to him since 2005. Do you suppose it was Richard Mell, the f-i-l, who dropped a dime on him?

In 2005, Blagojevich's father-in-law, Chicago Alderman Richard Mell, accused the governor's adviser and fundraiser, Christopher Kelly, of trading state jobs and appointments for campaign contributions. That accusation, which Mell later recanted, launched several investigations.

_ Blagojevich's then-chief of staff personally approved people hired for such routine jobs as secretary, auto mechanic and film office intern, even though those jobs are supposed to be sheltered from political influence.

_ Blagojevich's own inspector general found that the governor's patronage chief and a state agency had engaged in a "concerted effort" to subvert hiring laws. At another agency, people were hired before it was determined what jobs they would fill.

_ The Blagojevich administration gave a $522,000 contract to a campaign contributor to clean, among other things, Transportation Department road-salt storage barns. The agency's finance director at the time was the brother-in-law of the company's owner.

_ In 2006, U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald asked the state attorney general to back off her investigation and let his office pursue "very serious allegations of endemic hiring fraud" in the Blagojevich administration.

_ Later that year, it was disclosed that Blagojevich's former campaign treasurer gave a $1,500 check to one of the governor's daughters a month before his wife started a $45,000 state job.

Obama has already resigned his seat in the Senate.
    Thank you, I did not know that.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.