Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    McC is bound by the "rules of engagement" -no I'm not talking about a prenup..

I read that many of the troops were disgruntled that they were not allowed to "carry out the mission" they were tasked to do.
    The worst thing about strict RoE is it causes hesitation. Soldiers often have to take an extra second or two when seconds mean life or death. Combat happens fast. You are quick or you are dead and the 2nd place guy goes home crippled or in a body bag.

Either we fight to WIN or we should go home. War is a ugly, dirty business. You don't win wars by playing nice. Our soldiers are among the very best in the world. We should be able to trust them to do the right thing. Because 999,999 times out of 1,000,000 they do.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    The worst thing about strict RoE is it causes hesitation. Soldiers often have to take an extra second or two when seconds mean life or death. Combat happens fast. You are quick or you are dead and the 2nd place guy goes home crippled or in a body bag.

Either we fight to WIN or we should go home. War is a ugly, dirty business. You don't win wars by playing nice. Our soldiers are among the very best in the world. We should be able to trust them to do the right thing. Because 999,999 times out of 1,000,000 they do.
    This isn't a good comparison but it's like getting a pass down ice and trying to figure out where to put your shot.

You only get one chance and you have to take it.

You can tell how a 'business' is run by talking to the 'troops' and asking about the 'boss'.

Now? we have to wait and see.

3. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    " Loose lips sink ships",they also sink Generals. If McC. coudn't get a plan
    that he designed to work, than he should resign. He has shown the world that
    he was a frustrated, undisiplined, loose canon & not fit to command.
    Amen Liz! McC is the same guy involved in the coverup of Pat Tillman's death. Not a guy I would trust to behave in an honorable manner. He couldn't succeed with his plan so he puts Obama in a position that he has to relieve him of duty. Then he can say....if only Obama hadn't taken him out he would have been...etc...etc. Pass the blame.

After all...nothing is a coincident, right?

If that is the reason, which indeed it is a possibility... He should have a promising political career. LOL

Whatever the reason he had to go. It will be interesting to see how an at-heart warrior runs things... Or is allowed to run things. Will he be allowed to modify the RoE to something that will give the troops confidence they can do their job?

Truth. Nothing is a coincedence.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

What is a crazed sex poodle and exactly what breed is it?

Even after Tillman and NAMA base, McChrystal was Barry's choice to run the war in the Afghan sandbox. And Barry and the left wing loonies, sorry, Obama and the progressives get out the tar and feathers when McChrystal disses the French and says that Barry was intimidated by high ranking military officials? I agree with Puck, McChrystal knew what he was doing when he allowed the RS hack to follow him and his staff around. The only way Barry would have heard about it faster is if it was published in GOLF magazine.

Nobody is denying that McChrystal shouldnt have resigned his post for making his feelings known about how his CiC is handling the war, but do we really want him replaced by a guy who feinted during congressional questioning?

Tillman was killed by friendly fire. How many of our and our allies troops have been killed by progressive RoE? Like Barry and the left wing loo.... sorry, Obama and the progressives know anything about honor.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

If McC fell on his sword, it was purely accidental. You can't walk right
    with your foot in your mouth.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Whatever the reason he had to go. It will be interesting to see how an at-heart warrior runs things...

No need to wait & see. Did you miss the whole Iraq thing?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    No need to wait & see. Did you miss the whole Iraq thing?
    Wow. You are a military expert too eh?

But...

Yeah... The surge worked better than imagined. Its what happens when American soldiers are allowed to fight to WIN.

---

Why are we making McCrystal's resignation/canning an arguement? We both agree he needed to go.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post

Nobody is denying that McChrystal shouldnt have resigned his post for making his feelings known about how his CiC is handling the war, but do we really want him replaced by a guy who feinted during congressional questioning?

It was probably Petraeus's chest full of metals that weighted him down.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wow. You are a military expert too eh?

But...

Too???

LH is the only Military (expert?) man around here that I would trust to
    speak from experience.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Too???

LH is the only Military (expert?) man around here that I would trust to
    speak from experience.
    OK.

But, FWIW... I served 12 years (5 active, 7 Guard) and have 3 combat deployments under my belt. I have been there and done that, so to speak.

Besides... LH was just a REMF. LOL <poke, poke>

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

13. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    If McC fell on his sword, it was purely accidental. You can't walk right
    with your foot in your mouth.
    So funny!!! And so true. His foot in his mouth and his arms so busy patting himself on the back. I am sure the noses of his sycophants so far up his behind didn't help his balance either....

Although Liz...I must say you are far more trusting than I....

For what it's worth, here is an opinion piece by David Brooks about General McChrystal, and the current atmosphere in D.C.

OK.

But, FWIW... I served 12 years (5 active, 7 Guard) and have 3 combat deployments under my belt. I have been there and done that, so to speak.

Besides... LH was just a REMF. LOL <poke, poke>
    Better a REMF than a CDAT. How much of your junk works without us commo pukes?

Be polite though, leave the staff infection out of this.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.