Thread: Clompramine (aka Clomicalm) for "peeing" issues

Clompramine (aka Clomicalm) for "peeing" issues

Anyone here use this?

My cat Jim is my urine marker. He has been taking amitriptyline AND clomipramine for many years now. It was the only way to control his behavior. I have tried several different medications, and also the amitripyline and the clomipramine separately. He needs both.

So, when I called to refill the clomipramine, the vet told me they will no longer carry it due to a skyrocketed price. So we tried yet another substitute medication.

After only 4 days without the clomipramine, I caught Jim peeing on the couch. (Lucky for me, I keep it covered)

So I set out, determined to find it somewhere.......

The 100 count bottle that I used to get reasonably priced has gone up, at a local pharmacy, to $600.00. and that was the LOW quote! Online, I got a quote for $1,000.00/ 100 pills.

However, I did find an online pharmacy in Canada that will be selling me a bottle of 84 for $28.50 (plus $10 shipping) BUT to mail the prescription and check to them, it will take 1 to 2 weeks to arrive there, and then 1 to 2 weeks back, And I only had 2 pills left.

So I thought, well, maybe I can get about 5 pills locally, Just to tide me over (he gets 1/4 per day, so five will last 3 weeks). Well, those 5 pills cost $38.00, same as the whle bottle is going to cost me.

Moral of the story, NEVER wait so long to refill a prescription. I just assumed I could get the pills within a single day, so I could postpone calling to order them.

DOG-GONE cat! And he just cost me $350.00 for dental work.(but that is yet another story) He needs to get a job

So, if anyone else needs clomoramine, I have the website of the Canadian pharmacy.

Have you tried him on Prozac?

Yes ,Proczac was one we tried.

It is funny, I have one prescription the company stopped manufacturing, and after trying others that just were NOT sufficient, I now get it compounded at a local pharmacy for myself. Way less expensive than piling on several different over-the-counter things and still ending up with ear infections from the congestion! But it always seems if I wait to call in, the refill it takes 3 days, if I call it in a few days early, it is invariably ready by the end of that day!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by jenluckenbach View Post
    After only 4 days without the clomipramine, I caught Jim peeing on the couch. (Lucky for me, I keep it covered)
    The things we do for our pets!

Jenn, if you haven't already, think about getting a water proof liner for under the sofa cover. My sofa is about the size of a double / full bed. I buy the water proof mattress cover / protector at Walmart. So if . . . well WHEN the sofa cover gets soiled, the sofa itself is fine. Those time I have to was both the cover AND the liner, the cats all get locked in other rooms and the dogs are outside - I'll take them for a walk during the wash or dry cycle, lol.

Yes, I do have one on my bed as well - and then a mattress pad over THAT because I found sleeping on the plastic very uncomfortable.