Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
How does someone do that?? That would be like hanging a dummy of a black person from a noose in a tree.

I may not be pro-Palin, but geez... that's going a little too far.
They spoke to the gents who seemed a little "effete"-they probably were upset about SP having more money to dress up and nicer than they do.
I think it was the FBI or SS that were parked outside the residence and I guess they were in for a visit and intelligence BBQing (grilling) from them.

----------

Now,

There was a cardboard BO that was hung from a tree outside a school. Someone hung him with fishing string from a tree branch and put a sign on it that said something about rejects.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,305246,00.html

http://hnn.us/roundup/entries/54960.html

Here are two links to the story.

Now, It you want to look at the 'racist' side of the story, you can conjure up
white sheets, burning crosses and lynching.....

Or you can see the hanging of the cutout with a piece of fishing string, something not as obvious and probably not as offensive . What if they had hung it by the ears? Or punched a hole thru his head?

The AHs that see evil behind every bush and under every rock are the same people that won't hesitate to blow something out of proportion for their cause-or to improve a "victim status".
I laugh when I see Al Sharptongue and the rev Jerkson jump thru hoops to prove that world is full of hate - instead of trying to bring people together they only jump the gap to prove there is a chasm between everyone.

It's all in bad taste. The Palin hangers have the same right to 'clown' on her, but it's only a crime when your skin, religion or race is involved.

Being obvious with a noose is one thing, fishing string is stretching it.

--------------

I also saw a sports report on a white sports writer that did a story about a coach who was on a black athlete's case. He wrote something like 'Coach X is tightening the noose on Player Y"

That turns out to be a "racist" commentary because a black player was involved.

Supidity is alive and well in America.