Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My mom and I are taking a "holiday"...

My mom and I are taking a "holiday"...

My mom and I are going to rent a cabin soon, it'll be just me and her....and the 3 dogs, of course! My grandmother is going to pay for it, as Jasper has us broke

My dad was kind of jealous we're not even letting him come hehe

Well, my mom and I have NEVER done anything like this, never do much together besides go shopping or something, which is like once a year lol

We are leaving on Monday morning(the 21st) but we'll be back again on Thursday.

This is a VERY pointless thread lol...just letting you all know that I won't be around for that time.

I am very excited, I think my mom is more excited

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Have a great time at the cabin, where is it that you are going? what a great way to spend quality time with your mother, I wish you a very happy holiday, ENJOY.!!!
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Im not sure, I think it's called Brown Rabbits or something lol -Shrugs-

Thanks

Oh yeah, there will be LOTS and LOTS of pictures lol of our cabin, the place but mostly the dogs

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

OH that sounds like fun! I'm jealous too. Its very important to have bonding time with your mom. my mom and Iused to go away for a day every summer and just do things together. Every year was a different thing and it became a ritual. Have fun and learn something special about your mom that you never knew!

I think this sounds so nice and relaxing! Please take lots of pics of the surrounding area and the pups. Enjoy your time with mom and have lots of great talks and lots of giggles!

Robin

I hope to have lots of fun, and of course I'll take lots of pics! I told my mom we need tons of batteries

Also, I made a mistake, we'll be back on Friday, not Thursday!

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Also, does anyone know any good & easy recipes? I never get to cook at home because my grandma has her own diet type thing, and is usually cooking when I need the stove lol

So Im going to be doing the cooking while at the cabin

I have one recipe right now, but maybe a few more, fun ones, more like sweets

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

This sounds like a wonderful idea!! I wish that my Missy and I had done something like this! My favorite times with her were trips to the mall and out for coffee - but actually staying at a cabin, cooking, etc - sounds like a slumber party. I hope you have a wonderful time!
    I have one recipe in mind right now and will try to think of more. This is for peanut butter cookies.
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup peanut butter
    1egg
    That's all!!! Mix the three things together and put big marble sized pieces on a greased cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 8-10 minutes. Let them cool as they will be soft when they first come out - they are really good!! You can also put a hershey hug or kiss in the middle before you bake them.

Oh! One more fun one:
    You need a bag of hershey hugs and a bag of pretzels - the kind that are roundish and about the size of a quarter. Spread out some pretzels on a greased cookie sheet. Unwrap a hershey hug and put one on each pretzel. Place the sheet in a 300 degree oven for about 5 minutes - just until the kiss is soft. Take them out and tap down each kiss into the pretzel and let them cool and harden back up. They look sorta like little wreaths and taste like white chocolate covered pretzels!

A fun supper meal you might make is with canned biscuits and mini smokey dogs. You cut each biscuit in half and wrap it around the weinie. Then bake them on a cookie sheet according to the biscuit directions or maybe a little less. You have mini dogs in blankets!! I like to dip them in mustard or honey mustard!

Sounds wonderful

I hope you all have a terrific time and we'll be waiting patiently for pictures when you return!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Sounds like it'll be a blast! goodness knows you could use a break. Can I come?
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Debbie- Thanks , I am really excited, and thank you so much for the recipes, I am definatly going to try the peanut butter ones, I love peanut butter, and also may try the other one, I love chocolate more

Anna- Thanks and don't worry, I will post the pictures right away

heinz- You can come, but only if you bring Arthur

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Saw this at work but it was time for me to leave. I am jealous too! Sounds like it's going to be a wonderful time and that was really nice of your grandmother to pay for it. I think you need a break and maybe you all can relax.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Thanks Val, I can't wait!! I don't know what kind of fathers day my dad is going to have my mom and I will be so excited getting everything ready and waiting for the day to be over so we can leave the next morning lol

And, it's more of a "getting away from everything" trip, my moms things to get away from is the phone lol, the phone is crazy at my house, my mom goes around doing her house work on the phone, and everytime shes gone, the second she walks into the house, the phone rings.

We also NEEEED to get rid of my dad lol, he is always grumpy, and annoying, and GAH we really need a break from him lol

And also my grandparents, mostly my nan , everyday she wants my mom to take her somewhere, just for nothing, just so she'll get out, and then if other people ask for rides, my nan says something like "they can't expect you to take them everywhere, you got things you want to do..etc..etc..etc" lol even though my nan expects her to do everything, even if she has things to do! And my nans also very frustrating to talk to, but I won't go on!

I dont have much to get away from, REALLY going to miss PT!!!

Well, Im rambling on , I'll have a whack of pictures when we get back! I'll even take my second memory card!!!

RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I hope you and your mom have a terrific time, Robyn, the dogs too!!! We're leaving on Saturday, with all 3 of our kids, plus the birds and babies, and heading to the beach to spend a week with my family (my parents, my sister, her husband and their daughter). Unfortunately, my nephew (my sister's son) won't be there, and neither will my brother and his wife and their 4 kids. But it will be nice to get away and be together.

Hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Debbie, your recipes sound easy and fun! I'm going to remember those!!!!

I'm so happy for you DogLover, nothing like a relaxing time with mom! You guys be safe and have a great time.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan