Thread: How cold is it where you are?

Hybrid View

The past two weeks it's been between 75 - 80 degrees. Everyone is going to the beach and wearing t-shirts and flip-flops. I LOVE IT HERE!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

We have approx. 21F, but it's windy, so it feels a lot colder. Ugh!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    The past two weeks it's been between 75 - 80 degrees. Everyone is going to the beach and wearing t-shirts and flip-flops. I LOVE IT HERE!
    haha, There are people all bundled up and sledding right around the corner!!!!!!

Positively balmy here - currently 36°F - though it "feels like 27F" and the temp will be dropping now that the sun is down, but we're supposed to get snow! Just a little ...
    I've Been Frosted

Boy, today, I looked at the temp before the leaving the house, thought, eh, it's 20+ degrees, don't need to put on hat and gloves, it'll be fine, but stepped out the door and got hit with a gust of wind that made me go back and get them! The biggest challenge was after church, we were moving a whole bunch of tables in - they had been borrowed by the Watertown site for a huge gathering, and were coming back home to the Belmont site. They are big molded plastic tables with metal legs that fold up. They are light enough for one person to carry a six-foot-long one, but as I was halfway to the door with one, I nearly got blown over, as the wind shifted at caught the table like a sail! It also blew all my hair across my face, so I was blinded temporarily! Thankfully, a barrel full of sand was in position to keep me from going too far, but with my lack of good balance, I decided I'd better stay inside and help put table on stacks as they came in, instead! Safer for everyone concerned!

The "feels like" temp must have been well below zero when those gusts hit!
    I've Been Frosted

Looks like I'll be moving back from the 'snow' thread to the 'how cold is it thread' tonight.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Blog Entries
    -11 this morning with a wind chill of -35 & 35-45 mph wind gusts I still like winter
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

It was warmish today, but the temperature is dropping quickly, and is already back down to 25 but is predicted to go down to 7 tonight!
    I've Been Frosted