Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    I have a friend who mentions this show quite often an i was considering watching it until i read the posts about people fiddling with their hair an etc while cooking.

ugh. no thank you. makes me nauseous just reading it. i dont see how a cooking show can be taken seriously when the so called chefs do that.
    Most of the cheftestants on Top Chef don't do that, I promise.

Now, on Hell's Kitchen - that's another story, lots of unsanitary, and unprofessional behavior of all sorts, but I haven't watched a single episode this season, it's just too predictable and frankly boring.

Richard, I am looking forward to watching the Top Chef All Stars - there are some "not winners" that I genuinely like, and will root for. Carla, in particular, has always reminded me of a smarter sibling to Big Bird from Sesame Street, so it'll be interesting to see how she handles a second season.

Also, Richard, I have been rooting for Ming Tsai all along. I have eaten at the "Blue Ginger" restaurant whose you see on his jacket, and they take food allergies quite seriously. They took my list and asked if they could keep it to enter it their computer under my name for future visits, and created an entree and salad for me that was not on the menu at all, but entirely Karen-safe and scrumptious. Paul and his mother, who were with me, did order from the menu and enjoyed their food, too. The man has my respect, and I have seen nothing on the show to diminish that. He's not the flashiest or loudest, but may be the most experienced and most capable.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Richard, I am looking forward to watching the Top Chef All Stars - there are some "not winners" that I genuinely like, and will root for.

Also, Richard, I have been rooting for Ming Tsai all along. I have eaten at the "Blue Ginger" restaurant whose you see on his jacket, and they take food allergies quite seriously.

I see Marcel cut his hair for the show?

I have always dug MT and his cooking programs, Chef PonyTail was a butt head and always had something to say about him. Not to fond of seeing him
    in the finals.

Did anyone else see the Top Chef Just Desserts Finale? I did, and was quite happy with the winner. I didn't *think* I was really rooting for anyone in particular, but am very pleased - and the winner was surprised and quite gracious and everything one could want in a cheftestant.

I so would love to have been tasting LOTS of those foods!
    I've Been Frosted