Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Had it with the Food Channel...

OH! Had to tell you guys that Guy Fieri's recipe for Mean Green Beans was a HIT at my house. I was shocked!!! It really tastes good.

A few things, the bacon CAN be omitted and you'd never notice it. The fresh deep fried onions on the top are EASY to do, and omg, are they ever worth it!!! My mom kept picking them off and eating them before I got to put them on the casserole, lol.

Very tasty, very well liked, you guys outta try it!!

I ran by the Iron Chef battle with Batali and Oliver and wanted to die.

One of the assistant chefs opened up an ostrich egg and when he saw the yolk was broken tossed the whole thing into the garbage.

AB said it was worth 20 eggs.......what an omelet that would have made for some hungry people?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I ran by the Iron Chef battle with Batali and Oliver and wanted to die.

One of the assistant chefs opened up an ostrich egg and when he saw the yolk was broken tossed the whole thing into the garbage.

AB said it was worth 20 eggs.......what an omelet that would have made for some hungry people?
    But they don't feed hungry people, just critics.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    But they don't feed hungry people, just critics.
    Who will always find fault with any FREE food!

I find "Man vs. Food" offensive on so many levels. It can't be healthy to eat that much food, and that's just plain being a glutton when so many people don't have enough.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    I find "Man vs. Food" offensive on so many levels. It can't be healthy to eat that much food, and that's just plain being a glutton when so many people don't have enough.

That's one of the reasons I cannot stomach-pun intended- Guy Feedme (Fieri). I would like to slap him when he goes into the restaurant kitchens and acts like a friggin pig. I refuse to see the comedy of trying to stuff a corned beef sandwich into your piehole because you can. Give me chefs, not animals or personalities.

-----------------

Last night I was listening to talk radio and the subject was food and buffets.

Some places are adding a 3% fee to diners who waste food.

I love buffets and never ever serve myself more than I can eat. I always clean my plate and it ices me to see people pile on the food and leave half of it on the table.

I also cannot stand the folks who let their kids serve themselves-like animals- then beg them to eat 'one more spoon' of a serving that's suited for a grownup.

The kid pushes the more than half filled plate away and I just think of all the people that would have killed for some of that food.

I saw part of the ultimate recipe show with Guy Feedme...

Unreal.
    I cannot believe that a channel would invest so much on such freak.

The guy that won the last Chef Contest is starting to bug me too. It's called the FOOD CHANNEL, not the I COOK, THEREFORE I AM channel!

I saw part of the ultimate recipe show with Guy Feedme...

Unreal.
    I cannot believe that a channel would invest so much on such freak.

The guy that won the last Chef Contest is starting to bug me too. It's called the FOOD CHANNEL, not the I COOK, THEREFORE I AM channel!

What was wrong with the Ultimate Recipe show? I really wanted to eat that guys mac-n-cheese... it looked so yummy!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016

I'm getting a kick out of the latest on FN. For years, all we've seen is high fat, high calorie foods being prepared(not that there's anything wrong with this). Now.......everybody is suddenly going light. It just seems ridiculous because we know they won't stay light. It's so funny. FN is trying to keep up with the national trend that occurs after the first of every year. I vote we go back to the way it was and we can all put our low fat/low calorie spin on it ourselves.
    Paula Deen uses one stick of butter instead of three. Do we ever see Paula as a healthy cook? She can't stop joking about it while she's doing it.

I'm having a problem with "Ask Aida". She's a little too arrogant for my taste.

What happened to NIgella? I am actually missing "Emeril Live" every day at 2:00. What happened to the guy they call the "Naked Chef"?

Iron chef's judges are getting more and more comical. Some of those people don't know what they're eating and nothing about food at all. Is it good to use them as serious judges?

I am starting to like Gina Neely a little bit. I really like the whole Neely family. I'm still in love with Pat.

I enjoyed the "Ultimate Recipe" show too. That mac and cheese almost put me over the top. Some of those dishes looked pretty darn tasty.
    GF is another story. Where did he get this new wardrobe? From bowling shirts to western wear. Get along little dogie. Get along GF...........

Booby Flake is on every time I turn the tv on. He seems to be the Iron Chef chosen more than anyone else. Where are Maurimoto and Mario Batali?

I guess we all know that Ricochet Rachel is recovering from throat surgery now. I think she had it on the 16th of December. She actually has to have a voice coach to learn how to talk all over again to save her vocal chords.

Richard: Is it Aaron McCargo that's bothering you? He is one dynamic personality. Last Sunday's show, the first of the new season, was terrible. I was really dissappointed. I like this guy alot but his food was unappealing to me. Almost gross looking. He was treating his little son like his partner in a comedy routine. Unbelievable!!
    You might be talking about Michael Symon. Another fairly dynamic personality.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Scooter's Mom,

I am talking about Aaron McCargo

The Ultimate Recipe Show is not my cup of tea! I HATE mac and cheese! It just a taste/growing up thing......NO way I eat it as a requested dish.

The AM thing is more personality than recipe, I want to see him cook, not preen.

I don't care for Symon, it's his laugh, he reminds me of my brother's laugh-forced and obnoxious.

Scooter's Mom,

I am talking about Aaron McCargo

The Ultimate Recipe Show is not my cup of tea! I HATE mac and cheese! It just a taste/growing up thing......NO way I eat it as a requested dish.

The AM thing is more personality than recipe, I want to see him cook, not preen.

I don't care for Symon, it's his laugh, he reminds me of my brother's laugh-forced and obnoxious.
    I'm with you, Richard. AM started being a great chef/cook and he displayed that. It seems that FN has him performing way too much now.
    Like Gina Neely. If she would just cook and cut the performance, I would really like her.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I'm not fond of Bobby Flay at all. Everytime someone beats him at "Throwdown" I get so happy!

I find that I like Sunny Anderson. She's not as "stuffy" as some of the other hosts. I'll get tired of her too, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    I'm not fond of Bobby Flay at all. Everytime someone beats him at "Throwdown" I get so happy!

I find that I like Sunny Anderson. She's not as "stuffy" as some of the other hosts. I'll get tired of her too, I'm sure.

Flay is a chump. IT's his ego. I feel sorry for the gals that cook with him on UT......

Guy Feedme gets more and more obnixious, the TGI Friday's commercials make me flip channels very quickly.

Oh, Nigella is on early on the weekends and RR had sir jury on her throat?
    Hmmm, Has anyone seen the DELISH or NUTRISH dog food commercial?

I had to laugh, What does RR know about dog food or nutrition. She probably starves to dog so it will eat her cooking!

KIDDING!

I ussually watch RR with the sound off.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

The Dunkin' Donuts coffee commercials with RR really cracked me up. Just what she needs: more coffee. She's already a gas molecule; she'll turn into plasma at this rate!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb