Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playoff Baseball/Football kickoff Thursday #549.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Richard, you mentioned a corn dog in another thread. I like corn dogs! Let's have some ... Mustard on the side. Here we go. I have a friend at church whose son likes them "deconstructed" -- off the stick, the hot dog and batter separated, with a little bit of ketchup for dipping the hot dog.
    Oh, the foot long CD is really funny looking because it's not a short, fat corndog that I was used to.

This one was taller and skinnier - It didn't look like any other ball park food that I had seen before, that is why I couldn't figure out what it was!

One CD and all the fixings.

DONE!

LH,

Growing up in a household where the recipes call for 'Food for Thousands', I get antsy when I hear someone has a new recipe........

Karen,

Any homemade bread should never be sliced thinly!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

The verdict is in:

The recipe works, but I should have made the dumplings with teaspoons rather than tablespoons.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Karen,

Any homemade bread should never be sliced thinly!
    It depends on the bread, how fresh it is, whether it is a yeast product or not ... when the strawberry bread was still warm, it could be sliced relatively thinly, being a fruit bread, not a yeast bread. But when one puts way more sliced strawberries into it than the recipe calls for ... there are consequences! Yummy, but consequences nonetheless!

When LH and I were little (and likely before that with our older siblings) Ma would make bread and wear out us kids by having us help knead the dough! Fresh from the oven, one needed a properly sharp bread knife to slice it nicely, else odd shapes resulted!

And LH, recipe?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    When LH and I were little (and likely before that with our older siblings) Ma would make bread and wear out us kids by having us help knead the dough! Fresh from the oven, one needed a properly sharp bread knife to slice it nicely, else odd shapes resulted!

And LH, recipe?

I suppose you'd want that.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Blueberry-Slump

Slicing bread right out of the oven is a challenge. Definitely wind up with some bread slices that look like Dali made them at times.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Thanks, got it! Will have to pick up a lemon next time I'm out and about!
    I've Been Frosted

Which leads into the baaaaaaad pun of the day:

What was the theme song for the new surrealist wing in the art gallery?

Hello, Dali, o hello, dali....

(I'm here 'till the barkeep throws me out!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Which leads into the baaaaaaad pun of the day:

What was the theme song for the new surrealist wing in the art gallery?

Hello, Dali, o hello, dali....

(I'm here 'till the barkeep throws me out!)
    No, were gonna sit here and laugh at each other....

One large cool drink.....Done.

And perfect bread slices!

And the boy just asked fro "blueberry sludge" for dessert!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    And the boy just asked fro "blueberry sludge" for dessert!
    Hee hee - close, anyway! And I forgot the lemon, will have to pick one up tomorrow! Then measure the remaining blueberries, and do the math for the recipe - or just make blueberry cake with these and wait until next year for blueberry slump!

The blueberries in the fridge I got for $3.99 for 2 pints. Now, the store has one half pint for $3.99!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Hee hee - close, anyway! And I forgot the lemon, will have to pick one up tomorrow! Then measure the remaining blueberries, and do the math for the recipe - or just make blueberry cake with these and wait until next year for blueberry slump!

The blueberries in the fridge I got for $3.99 for 2 pints. Now, the store has one half pint for $3.99!
    In CA blueberries are anywhere from 3.99 to 5-6 dollars a small box.

It's crazy....When the strawberries were in season here they stores were practically given the boxes away- same thing with the BBs....

I had two lemon trees in the yard........I miss fresh ready-to-pick citrus....

One Lemon, done!