Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Thanks for sharing their photos. Abby is so proud sitting up tall! And Dep, he looks like a nice fella.

I didn't mean just talk to him, sorry. I was trying to explain where to touch him. As he has dementia, the instincts will remain longest, so something which never bothered him as a pet, may (MAY, I have no idea if they will) invoke an age old instinct, and help to confuse him.

Also, long slow strokes are calming, soothing, while short rapid pats are anxiety producing.
You can really see the German Shepherd in her when she sits like that. Dep is one of those dogs that would make a perfect family dog (if he wasn't sick). Abby is going to be a mess when we lose him. She treats him like her puppy.

Oh, okay, sorry about the misunderstanding. Have you heard of any dogs with this having issues with aggression? I brought my concerns up to the vet when I saw him yesterday (cat got neutered) and he said it could happen. We had been talking about Dep's anxiety and how the meds might cause aggression.

This morning he was really forceful about wanting on my mom's lap (she said he was almost frantic and she had to use all her strength to keep him off (she has back problems and didn't' want to risk injury if he forgot how to get off again).