Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Microchip or tattoo that is the question..

Microchip or tattoo that is the question..

http://www.techtv.com/callforhelp/fe...363593,00.html

^^heres the story.^^ up there!! ^.. Well cami has a microchip in her since we did buy her from a pet store.. i think its so cool.. I guess its kind of an easier way to find them? I was quite confused at first.. What does your dog have? I was just curious to see how many people actually have a tatooed pet.. hehe. So as i just read it does this mean they can find your pet?? Like a tracker kinda thing?

Dizzy had a chip! Tattooes look so bikerish!! and I think they would be painful.
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

My dogs and cats have chips. I agree with Airedalekisses, Tattooes would be to painful. I did see a white pit in a tattoo magazine once that had pierced ears and a flower tattoo on her belly. That same magazine had a little girl (probably 3 years old)with a small tattoo on her foot. I believe it was like a heart or a flower no bigger then a dime. Both repulsed me because they didn't have a choice.

My cat, Raven has a tattoo on her belly indicating that she is spayed. She came that way and the lady said it was standard. I had never heard of it until then. Does anyone else have spay tattooes on their pets?

all 5 are tatooed and no way will we ever microchip
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Alex has a microchip, and I think it's great. My aunt's greyhound, Lee, is tattooed in both ears because he was a racer that she rescued, but that's the only reason
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!

Originally posted by cali
    all 5 are tatooed and no way will we ever microchip
    why not? just wondering.. heehe

Mine are microchipped and Reece has a neuter tattoo on his belly (standard procudure for the people who neutered him). He already had it when I got him.

Microchipping is wonderful and has saved many animals and brought them back safely to their homes.

Little story about tattoos:
    We had a female Pit girl at the shelter I work at last year. We tattoed her when she was spayed. One day she was stolen from us in an elaborate plan and we were never able to catch the people. We had fliers in every vet clinic and shelter around. Three months later, animal control finds her waundering the streets and takes her to the kill shelter. She waits her length of time that they keep all strays, then they decide to put her to sleep because she had hip problems. They took her into the room and the sweet girl she is rolled over for a belly rub. They were getting ready to do the injection when they noticed the tattoo and recognized it as being one of ours. They called us right away and we ran to get our girl.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Awww, that's a sweet story, Aly.

Cali, I'm curious to know what it is that is tattooed on the pets? Is it name and address? A symbol? The only tattoo I'd seen on a dog was decorative.

oh aly my heart dropped when i heard it rolled over for a belly rub!! i would i have been like.. um nevermind..

our family refused to get ither of those on our pets, We get the id tags. I think that ppl in the future are going to have micro chips or tattoos of like bar tags to tell our itentity, I would never want my dog to have that, I dont care if she will be found better. It is just againts my religion. I will stick to the ID tags with name and number. . besides my dogs dont run away anyhow.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Originally posted by Tonya
    Awww, that's a sweet story, Aly.

Cali, I'm curious to know what it is that is tattooed on the pets? Is it name and address? A symbol? The only tattoo I'd seen on a dog was decorative.
    they are numbers that are tattooed on the animals skin aND WHEN PRINTED into a computer data base the identification of the vet it visits and house address and name of animal is produced.

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    besides my dogs dont run away anyhow.
    You can never be too safe.

Mick is tatooed on his ear. It's written PJ and then a bunch of numbers. That's a nice example of how tatoos or micropchips can help a dog, aly.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I dont need to be careful. My dogs dont run away, if the gate is left open by one of my lil brothers or their friends my dogs sit at the front door and whine till someone comes and lets them in, they are very well behaved.

Mick is very well behaved too but it doesn't mean I'm going to take my chances.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

they always have there collers on anyways, they havve very good ID tags, they are metal and on tight with key chain things. I dont think it is a big problem. I mean, we have never had a dog micro chpped or tattooed before, it just seems pointless to my mom and dad just a waist of money and we dont believe in doing it...