Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever had a biopsy...

Anyone ever had a biopsy...

I am scheduled to have a biopsy on the mass in my left breast on Tuesday, March 28th. Has anyone ever had one before? I am very, very scared.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

QOP,

I have had MANY biopsies, as I have Fibrocystic Disease. Most fibroid tumors are benign but they can't tell till they do a biopsy. I am always scared, no matter how many times I've been through it. It's the not knowing that scares me and the possibility that it might be something other than benign, as cancer (not breast cancer) runs in my family.

You'll be in my prayers, honey. ((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I have

If you want to PM me, I will let you know about it. There are all diffent types etc.

I have had two. I remember how scary it was and you have my all my sympathy. Upside is that it doesnt hurt but the waiting is awful. I will be thinking of you ad sending lots of good thoughts foe a negative result.
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Not on the milk fountain, but, on another body part! It wasn't so bad.

Johanna,

"Milk Fountain"??? ROFLMAO!!! I thought I had names for them, but GEEZ!!

Mine were:

Chest Thermometers
    Dairy Balloons

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I had to have one back in the 80's. Results were good for me and the after surgery pain... well, I was back at work the next day. There was no pain.

I have/had that Fibrocystic Disease also so they watched my breasts very close because of all the lumps and soreness that brings. Year before last I had to go back after my mammogram because there was something questionable there but after ultrasounds and other tests, they just decided to watch it... It didn't even show up on last years.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Yes, I have. I had one lumpectomy, one simple needle aspiration and the latest - a "stereotactic needle biopsy" - like Sallyanne said, there are diferent types of biopsies.

The procedures were not bad at all - the waiting for results is scary though. For the biopsies, I was awake but numbed up. The last time I was given a Valium tablet to relax.

(((HUGS))) to you.

Thanks everyone for your comments. They've been especially comforting. I phoned the place and talked with a technician and got the low down on what they will do.

I lay tummy down on a massage type table, that has a hole in it, strategically placed of course. They raise me up (like a car on a hoist for an oil change!!) and work on me from underneath. They freeze me, needle me and then it's done. Hubby will have to drive me home and I won't be able to lift with my left arm for a couple of days.

Not so bad, from the sounds of it. Except I don't take freezing well. I warned her of this and she said they would ensure I felt nothing.

So the fear of the procedure is somewhat lessened, but the results...that's another story.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I've had many - needle and surgical. I'm a breast cancer survivor having had a mastectomy in 1998.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop
    I lay tummy down on a massage type table, that has a hole in it, strategically placed of course. They raise me up (like a car on a hoist for an oil change!!) and work on me from underneath.
    Yup, same here. When they put you on the table - be sure to wiggle around so that you are good and comfy since you will be holding very still for the procedure. The technician told me this and I made good and sure I was comfy - head, arms, chest, etc. I thought the table was pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed
    Yup, same here. When they put you on the table - be sure to wiggle around so that you are good and comfy since you will be holding very still for the procedure. The technician told me this and I made good and sure I was comfy - head, arms, chest, etc. I thought the table was pretty funny

I can just picture this table. It is now almost more interesting than scary. The procedure that is, not the results.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed
    Oh, yeah. Been there, done that. With all I've been through that one was the strangest. That table is like something out of a science fiction movie.

The "freezing" isn't cold; it's just an anesthetic that numbs you so you don't feel the needle (much). It's over so quick you won't know what hit you. You will be sore for about a day. Just keep ice packs on it (frozen peas work well).

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd
    Oh, yeah. Been there, done that. With all I've been through that one was the strangest. That table is like something out of a science fiction movie.

The "freezing" isn't cold; it's just an anesthetic that numbs you so you don't feel the needle (much). It's over so quick you won't know what hit you. You will be sore for about a day. Just keep ice packs on it (frozen peas work well).

I'll put frozen peas on my next grocery list for sure.

*HUGS*

I've had two. I had a cyst on my left foot on/near the bunyon I had. I had foot surgery to correct the bunyon and they biopsied the cyst. It was benign.

When I had my laproscopic procedure done, they biopsied the tissue inside me and that's how I was diagnosed with Endo.

It's okay to be scared. I sure was! I hope all goes your way.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June