Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Science Fiction/Fantasy thread.

Science Fiction/Fantasy thread.

I love sci fi and I came across the latest Stargate series and I really like it.

I know there are Trekkies, Star Wars, BattleStar fans here and just wondered about what you watch, read, look forward to and what are your real faves!

I do like the post apocalypse books and movies too.

What do you like?

Yes yes and YES!!! I am a sci fi geek to the core! I love everything from Star Trek to Battlestar Galactica to Stargate SG1 and everything in between...I read the books too

I liked the new Star Trek movie...I think if they went on with the universe they established a good new series could result.

I'd add more but Im in the middle of watching a Star Trek TNG episode...

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    My favorite tv show ever was only on Fox for one season, and I believe reruns can be seen on the Scifi network. It's called "Firefly" and it is the only show I have ever seen that I could watch over and over. There are only fifteen episodes, and I've seen each one probably close to 40 times a piece.

I love this set of fantasy books by David Eddings, too...it's been years since I have read them, they had names like "The Belgariad", "The Mallorean", etc.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Trekkie here, I really only like the original series. I think TNG could be okay, but the original series is my all time favorite and personally I think it's the best. The movies...well not so much. Except maybe the Wrath of Kahn. I haven't watched Star Wars since I was like..9 or 10 but I loved it then and I am sure I will feel the same way about it now. I have seen almost all TOS episodes, because unfourtunately there is only 3 seasons and I can't see myself wanting to watch many of them over and over again. They were all pretty good, except a select few, but it's just not something I think I could watch again lol. A few episodes, I will watch over and over again they were just that good. So, I am sure I will eventually get to TNG..is it worth watching?

Sci-fi is the best, honestly. I liked the SCI-FI channel before it changed to Sy-Fy and before they took all the good shows off. The ORIGINAL Sci-fi is epic I love the corny old shows so much They are great.

The new Star Trek movie was awesome too, but nothing beats the original series.

As for books, I've only read one Sci-Fi (Star Trek) book, but I would love to see what book series people are interested in so I can read them. I am sure they're many great Sci-fi books out there.

I am into Fantasy heavily to, if you consider Narnia (books not movies, ew.) and harry potter (books and movies) fantasy!

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    My favorite tv show ever was only on Fox for one season, and I believe reruns can be seen on the Scifi network. It's called "Firefly" and it is the only show I have ever seen that I could watch over and over. There are only fifteen episodes, and I've seen each one probably close to 40 times a piece.

I love this set of fantasy books by David Eddings, too...it's been years since I have read them, they had names like "The Belgariad", "The Mallorean", etc.
    HOORAY to another Firefly fan! I liked Serenity (the movie based on the series) but thought they could do a better job. A friend of mine had the series on DVD and I watched it over and over myself....Jaynestown is my favorite episode

Oh, google Jayne Hoodie, you'll love it!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I love sci fi and I came across the latest Stargate series and I really like it.

I know there are Trekkies, Star Wars, BattleStar fans here and just wondered about what you watch, read, look forward to and what are your real faves!

I do like the post apocalypse books and movies too.

What do you like?
    Ramanth (Kimmy) and Fett (Andy) need to see this thread.

Example of their interests >>>
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=136098

Did someone say Firefly?

Huge fan of the show. I met Jewel Staite and even rode in the elevator with Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk. Of course I was so out of it from the drive and so excited to be at Dragon*Con that it didn't even click it was them until I was getting off the elevator. D'oh!!

I really loved the original Stargate movie, but for some reason never got into any of the series. Most likely because at the time, I didn't have cable tv and by the time I did, I just didn't bother to catch up.

It's no surprise that I love Star Wars.

I never really did get into Star Trek. The only one I did watch from start to finish is DS9, but I do enjoy catching an episode of TNG or Voyager now and then. I loved the new movie.

I really enjoyed the new Battlestar Galactica series. We were actually watching the original series just last night.

Andy had to get a Cylon costume.

Oh and Phred, Andy insisted I post a newer shot of our costumes since we've done a few upgrades since that other photo was taken. *lol*

So yeah... we like Sci-Fi & Fantasy.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

RICHARD, I'm also a fan of the original Star trek series. I'm also a fan of reading books by Robert A. Heinlein. I brought a lot of his books with me to Concordia.

I just finished the 2001 trilogy this past weekend - read all three in a row in about 4 weeks. I had read them before but many years ago so it was like the first time all over again!

The 2001 book is actually based on the movie but there were some difference. 2010 and 2061 were soooo cooooool! I was absolutely absorbed in them the whole time i was reading. My hubby and I will be watching the movies this weekend. I own 2001 and we are renting 2010.

I found that I really liked the Riddick movies too, although I didn't want to I loved the original Star Trek and the Next Generation, although I rarely watch them anymore.

My favorite all-time tv sci-fi show didn't last very long. . ."Max Headroom". I think I may have been the only person watching that.

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

oh my...Star Wars/Star Trek...here is one that I'm not sure if anyone else will admit to watching....Space Rangers, the female pilot on there was the best....

Does Xena count? Know most of those by heart, have them all on tape thanks to a friend who did the taping. Read the books for that too...and have an outfit based on Gabrielle's outfit in the second season, the short skirt, kind of crop top, etc....

Simon Green's Hawk and Fisher series, and anything by mercedes Lackey....

Quote Originally Posted by Catherinedana View Post

My favorite all-time tv sci-fi show didn't last very long. . ."Max Headroom". I think I may have been the only person watching that.
    LOL, Make that two people....

Now I watch Matt Frewer every time he does something and wish some one would resurrect that goodie!!!
    Loved the original and didn't care for the 'talk show'.

2010 just played a week ago and I loved Helen Mirrren in it.

SERENITY-that movie rocked.

David,

The movie "Puppet Masters" was on and I could not stay awake for it.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinityagain View Post
    oh my...Star Wars/Star Trek...here is one that I'm not sure if anyone else will admit to watching....Space Rangers, the female pilot on there was the best....

Does Xena count? Know most of those by heart, have them all on tape thanks to a friend who did the taping. Read the books for that too...and have an outfit based on Gabrielle's outfit in the second season, the short skirt, kind of crop top, etc....

Simon Green's Hawk and Fisher series, and anything by mercedes Lackey....
    Wow I thought I was the only one that remembered Space Rangers...I thought that show had potential...at least I did when I was 12 lol

Im a Mercades Lackey fan too

Oh, man I'm such a fantasy geek.

TV/Movies: Star Trek, Babylon 5 (Roxx!), Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Who, Torchwood. Star Wars 4-6; I could not STAND how whiny the future Darth Vader was in the first 3! Any movie with Vin Diesel with his shirt off...

Books: Ginormous epic fantasies/science fiction: Dune, LOTR, Wheel of Time, Sword of Truth, anything by Mercedes Lackey.

I'm getting into the urban fantasies that come around; authors such as Carrie Vaughan, Kelley Armstrong and Victoria Petterson. The last has an interesting background: she was a Vegas showgirl before becoming an author.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    Victoria Petterson. The last has an interesting background: she was a Vegas showgirl before becoming an author.
    Anything where she has her shirt off?

What?
    No Piers Anthony fans?

RICHARD, I'm reading Bio of a Space Tyrant right now...