Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post

You want a gun in your house - that is your problem...you want to hunt wild animals...okay.

But when you bring your gun into my space - the movie theater, grade school, bar, shopping mall, Texas A&M....I have a problem.
When you bring a 4500 lb vehicle into my space with intent to kill through negligence (applying eyeshadow, lipstick, reading the newspaper, talking on the cell phone while leaning over to change the radio station, combing hair) I have an issue with it as well. However, vehicles are an item of convenience for everyone, so that discussion would lead to political suicide for those who brought up the issue.

Frankly, those shouldn't be traffic charges, they should be attempted negligent homicide, but the proposal would never fly.

Again, I could kill far more people with a little planning and never touch a firearm...........and never doing anything illegal until the point of committing the crime, but you'd rather sensationalize crime and have bloody headlines to carp about than deal with reality.