Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    No it ain't, what is left after paying your dues to society is yours. And not a penny more.
    Live with it old fella, because all of your whinging and whining ain't gonna make any difference.
    You will pay your share, whether you like it or not, just like everyone else does.
    WOW.

Show of hands class.... Who agrees?

---

But, I DO pay my taxes Wom. A LOT of them. How much is, exactly, my "dues to society"?

And the threat... LOL. ROFL. I am SOOOOOO glad that is your idea of "freedom".

---

We could get into WHY I don't like how my government spends some of the money they take from us, but somehow I don't think ole' Wom is up for any kind of honest discussion. Lest he send the armed goons to my house.

Best of luck for a long and healthy life Wom.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    WOW.

Show of hands class.... Who agrees?

---

But, I DO pay my taxes Wom. A LOT of them. How much is, exactly, my "dues to society"?

And the threat... LOL. ROFL. I am SOOOOOO glad that is your idea of "freedom".

---

We could get into WHY I don't like how my government spends some of the money they take from us, but somehow I don't think ole' Wom is up for any kind of honest discussion. Lest he send the armed goons to my house.

Best of luck for a long and healthy life Wom.
    Ahhhhh....I'm so glad things go my way and not yours.
    Yuppers.....best of luck with your efforts to change the world Pucky.

"I'm Back !!"

Ahhhhh....I'm so glad things go my way and not yours.
    LOL. A certain famous Austrian and you would be great mates.

Yuppers.....best of luck with your efforts to change the world Pucky.

Just make a note that you never even made a effort to talk about the substance here. All you ever give is your authortarian garbage. "My way OR ELSE." Seig Heil!

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Just make a note that you never even made a effort to talk about the substance here. All you ever give is your authortarian garbage. "My way OR ELSE." Seig Heil!
    Don't waste your time on it Brian...go spend your time with that precious little girl. Some of us figured this out long ago!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Don't waste your time on it Brian...go spend your time with that precious little girl. Some of us figured this out long ago!

I am. We are in Florida right now visting my parents. Its actually because of this vacation I even have the time to play here. LOL

Look for a big pic dump soon.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Just make a note that you never even made a effort to talk about the substance here.
    Note to self:
    "I never made an effort to talk about the substance here"

"I'm Back !!"

Yer comparing me to Adolph ???
    Hahahahaha......this is getting better and better.

"I'm Back !!"

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Some of us figured this out long ago!
    Yep, the whole 4 of you.

"I'm Back !!"

Yer comparing me to Adolph ???
    Hahahahaha......this is getting better and better.
    Well.... You are not giving me much to work with.

If this....

No it ain't, what is left after paying your dues to society is yours. And not a penny more.
    Live with it old fella, because all of your whinging and whining ain't gonna make any difference.
    You will pay your share, whether you like it or not, just like everyone else does.
    ...is not something out of Mein Kampf... Well, there is nothing else for us to discuss. If you REALLY think that the money I earn is NOT mine, (I can only assume it is 'societies' money then), well.....yeah.

----

Now, if you want to have a talk about an individuals responsibility to society and how to best take care of each other.... I'm all for it.

If you think I don't care about my fellow man and want the best for ALL of us, you are wrong. Period. The difference is you want to do it by FORCE. I want us to WANT to take care of each other, as locally as possible, first.

FORCE is NOT 'charity' my friend. Government (taxes) is FORCE. I'd rather give my money to charities that work, rather than a government that squanders it enslaving generations of people to dependance on it. That dependance is nothing short of slavery. Most of those people, who depend of "the system' you so cherish have very little chance, by design, IMO. See, i'm not 'whining' because I don't want to use what God has blessed me with via a awful, politically biased system of 'support'. I want it to go DIRECTLY to the people who need it, regardless of a vote, a race, a party or all the other waste that is government these days.

I really hope for an honest answer Wom.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Blog Entries
    Pucky does that mean I can collect on my Social Security next Fall? Last spring we were having a tiff over it. I promise to use it wisely & there should be a lot left in there for the next generation to spend wisely if our government keeps its grubby hands off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Pucky does that mean I can collect on my Social Security next Fall? Last spring we were having a tiff over it. I promise to use it wisely & there should be a lot left in there for the next generation to spend wisely if our government keeps its grubby hands off of it.
    I can't remain solvent for long.... I expect to get about, $0.00 out of SS. Our society is aging, rapidly. Young people are having less children. Many of the people producing the next generation are already dependant on social welfare programs.... Thus do not contribute to the till. HOW does SS stay solvent the way it is going now?

Yes, it feels good to have a program like SS. Were it run honestly and not used as a political tool it could be in good shape. But, honestly, other than making the SS tax CRIPPLING to the young people (who produce, rather than take) of this country (your posterity) how does SS stay solvent?

Who is going to blink? Are the people drawing SS going to take less? Take it later in life? Or is AARP going to win and coax CONgress into taking more from me and my peers? (not to mention gain millions of new people it can sell Medicare supplemental insurance too.... Hooray for Obama Care!) If that happens.... What is my future like? What is my daughters future like?

It's a poop sandwich for sure.... I've said it before, to make things right.... Its going to hurt a little.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Blog Entries
    As far as S.S. in the future maybe it won't be there & I was told as a child by my parents they would not be collecting S.S. & didn't (dad had railroad retirement instead) but my uncles & aunts who also said they wouldn't collect S.S. because there wouldn't be any left did collect it. I was taught in school back in the 1960's that we should not depend on S.S. (because there wouldn"t be any left for us anyhow)alone but put our eggs in other baskets. Even with the Medicare Plan, how long is that going to last? Even though you pay out of your employement check, in the end you have the last say because someone else is in control. It has always been that way & always will be. There is nothing like Medicare & lets say a private insurance plan to boot actually dictating what they are going to pay & not pay & how you are going to be treated when you are deathly ill. That just scares the heck out of me. They have control over what is going to happen to you.

Have any suggestions how to change it? I think it is going to hurt not a little but a lot in the future.

[QUOTE=Bonny;2319766]As far as S.S. in the future maybe it won't be there. QUOTE]

Don't worry Fraulein Von Bonny, the rich will provide you with bread crusts and water, and other necessities for your old age.
    Auf Wiedersehen,
    Wombatz Von Adolph.

"I'm Back !!"

Now, if you want to have a talk about an individuals responsibility to society and how to best take care of each other.... I'm all for it.
    Suggestions ????

"I'm Back !!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Have any suggestions how to change it? I think it is going to hurt not a little but a lot in the future.
    Phase it out over time. 'Guarantees' from the FEDERAL government is not how America is supposed to work.

OR, make participation in it optional. I'd opt out in a heartbeat if I could. Then, I'd give at least half of what I used to pay to SS to two AMAZING, private charities that WORK. ALL with ZERO public dollars.

As for care of our elders... Even if I pre-decease my parents, they will never spend ONE day in a retirement home or dependant on government for their care. I love and respect them too much to not do everything I can for them. As it should be, IMO.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War