Page 18 of 82 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Pets are Up

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet are up.
    I've Been Frosted

So sorry, everyone! I only got partway through getting them ready, Boo really wanted to be a house buffalo! But I will update the sites tonight for tomorrow. There are not enough hours in the day! At the farmers market now.

There are new hatchlings - I do not have a picture yet, but Trier, our brown goose, hatched four goslings and a weee black duckling!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Can't wait for photos... of anyone around there! ❤️

Today's Independence Day Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day are up!

Stay safe, everyone!
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Pet, Dog and Cat are up!

Mary Margaret the elder turtle is now being very busy and adventurous, I promise a picture of her later today! She is having more fun now than she probably had in many years!
    I've Been Frosted

Looking forward to seeing her picture, Karen! All good wishes to Mary Margaret and you all.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Here she is - Miss Mary Margaret Turtle:

And here's the latest clutch - Trier hatched one duckling, then two days later four goslings, including one Chinese (the yellow one) and three that are likely her own.

I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Wow! Awsome pics Karen, love that wee turtle. So Trier hatches duck eggs for you plus her own eggs?? What a sweetheart ❤️💕 Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Wow! Awsome pics Karen, love that wee turtle. So Trier hatches duck eggs for you plus her own eggs?? What a sweetheart ❤️ Thanks!
    Geese and other domesticated birds will often lay eggs in each other's nests - creching it is called. Trier has some genetic offspring amongst those Winnie hatched Memorial Day, from what we can tell. But this is the first time she has been able to keep a nest without someone else taking it over.

Hopefully Weezie, our Cayuga duck who laid that duckling egg will hatch some ducklings soon, and we can whisk that little one under her, as eventually the geese will notice that it is not a gosling and may drive it out of the flock, or even kill it. And the Chinese gosling will likely be adopted by Lily or Petal, its actually momma. It's all rather fascinating to watch!

And the turtle is a redbelly turtle - Pseudemys nelsoni, and Kermit thinks she is at least 20 years old.
    I've Been Frosted

Beautiful! Thanks, Karen.

Loving good wishes to them all.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am having computer issues - need a new cable to connect my external drive to my desktop, so will not be able to get the new pets up until this evening. Frustrating, as my current cable connects and then drop the connection. Just old, I guess, and I don’t whether the issue is the cable or the port, but there is an unused port I am getting a cable for that should be fine. (USB 3, I never had the right cable for that port, so it should be pristine. Sigh. Sorry folks.

I can post on Pet Talk through my phone, but not do the websites through it.
    I've Been Frosted

I will update the sites tomorrow - the store didn't give Kermit the right cable, sold him a USB2 printer cable instead of a USB3 cable, Sigh.
    I've Been Frosted

Great pics, Karen!!! Miss Mary Margaret looks SO happy, all of them so precious! Thanks for posting them! (I keep looking for that hug emoji!) We need to update those ancient emoticons; so 2000!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks- she is thumping around and having a grand time, with various rooms to explore, sunny spots, shady spots, right now baby chicks to listen to, etc. the pups only had one major barking session when they realized this “rock” actually moves on her own, now are just curious about her.

The cable I need is arriving at the store this afternoon- so hopefully tonight my computer will be functional again. Sigh.
    I've Been Frosted

Rather than update the sites so late, I will start updating tomorrow, but promise to have them up in the morning - I now have the correct cable, and am typing this from my desktop again! thank goodness.
    I've Been Frosted