Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Announcement

An Announcement

(I'm putting this in Cat General, because its sort of a private issue, but you'll notice eventually when I don't have pictures of all 8 after mid-May.)

My PT friends...

After almost four years of marriage, David and I have decided to divorce. While I've tried my hardest to make things work, it just wont. I am a firm believer in prayer, God and committment, but sometimes its just not meant to be.

The weekend of May 14/15, I will be moving to a new apartment with a very good friend. I'm taking five of the cats (Noah, Basie, Micah, Phoebe & Jonah), David will take three (Noel, Hermione & Samson).

The decision was long and hard, but its set. While I'll miss the three that will leave with David, I'm confident they have an amazing home as he shares my love for cats. Noel, Sami and Hermie all really are bonded, so they'll be OK. David knows what food to feed them, what litter to use and who to call if anything is out of ordinary. He'll take them to Susie still, so I'll know they are doing OK.

We've both agreed to visitation rights and I hope he can be adult enough to carry that out, but I'm not holdling my breath.

I just wanted you all to know. You've all been so supportive of me with my furkids and my illness. I didn't want to leave you out of an important change.

This is a GOOD thing for me. I've never, ever felt so free and happy about my future. I don't want to bad mouth David, and I wont here. I just want you all to know.

Hugs and love,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Kelly
    It's so hard when families break-up, and I wish you the best. It sounds like you're thinking positive and this will help you through the troubled times. If there's anyway I can help (a shoulder to listen) please do not hesitate to ask.
    Lisa
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I'm sorry that your marriage didn't work out, but I know that you really tried to make it work. You're right, sometimes things just aren't meant to be, and you need to do what's right for you and him. I'm glad you posted this, because it's just one of many steps ahead. I'm glad that both you and he have been agreeable with each other during the divorce and that the kitties will all be in good hands.
    You know that I'm here for you too
    **hugs**
    Karen

I am glad to hear that you are taking the positive look at the situation. You are about to embark on the next phase of life and I wish you all the best luck in the world.

As for the cats, we know that they will be loved and cared for.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I can't say I'm happy for the impending divorce by any means, but am happy you are viewing it in a positive light, hard as it may be. I'm glad you both thought out who got custody of which furkids, and that David has as much love for the kitties as we know you do. Keep your chin up, and a smile on your face, and everything will be alright. And need we say keep on PT?
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Kelly, I'm leaving work in a couple of minutes because I've got a meeting downtown...but I wanted to quickly post in this thread.

You already know that your friends will be here for you 24/7 and the love and prayers that you will receive from Pet Talkers will help you through this time.

You are one of the strongest women I know and you've taught me so much in this last year and I thank you for that. I will try to repay you by being there whenever you need me.

{{{hugs}}} Lil Sis
    love ya
    slick xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    I'll try and call you tomorrow evening from work.
    Last edited by slick; 04-20-2005 at 11:41 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Thank you for posting this so that we know some of what is going on. I know what you mean when you say it is a good thing for you. I divorced my first husband after 4 1/2 years of marriage, and it was a relief to get everything out in the open and not have to hide the truth of our relationship any more, etc. As difficult as it was in some ways, it was so much more refreshing in other ways. It gives you a new chance at life, and you know you won't be held down by something/someone that isn't the best match for you. You have done what is best for both of you, and both of you will be free to pursue your own dreams again, without the conflicts of interest, etc. I wish you the best, and hope that you DO get visitation with the three kitties who will be going with him.
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

Wow Kelly, you sound like you and David have really worked this out well. I guess in that sense I am happy for you, but on the other hand I do feel for you.

Divorce is not the easiest thing for anyone to go through, but it sounds like you both worked it out and it will be friendly. And THAT is more important than anything else. Having been divorced once myself I know things can get nasty really quick over the stupidist things!

If you need to vent or a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for you.

Good luck, but it sounds like you have everything under control. Good for you!!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

I am sorry,to hear about your divorce,and that is a shame,that the Cats,have to be seperated,from thier Cat Friends.But I am glad,that you,and David,are handling this,in a civilized manner.And,as the OPther pet Talkers,have told You,The Found Cats,and I,are there,for you! Especially..

Hang in there,I did! Scrappy2.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thank you for letting us know. I have been concerned about you with your health, and I knew you had asked for prayers before without explaining what was going on (which was perfectly ok.....God knew and that's what matters).

Sounds like you and David are handling things in a good way. I'm glad. I have been through it, with a child, and it was not always easy, but we survived it, and all of us are quite happy now.

If you need anything that I can do by PM or phone (across the country from you, unfortunately), all you need to do is let me know.

Logan

Thank you, EVERYONE. Your words are well needed and I'll keep this thread until the divorce is final to keep me positive.

I anticipate nastiness, but will be pleased if there is none.

I have an AMAZING support system in my family, friends and especially PT pals. Thank you, thank you. A hundred times, thank you.

Love,
    Kelly

P.S. Not only am I gaining a roomate, but the cats are gaining three kitty companions! I've had to buy all new cat boxes, toys, beds and cat trees to ease the transition. I'll add more on that later.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Kelly,
    I am so sorry But I know you are a positive person and are looking at it postively

Hugs,
    Krista
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Some times our best intentions aren't what God wants for us. I wish you good luck. And we will be here for you always.

Thank you Kelly for keeping us updated. I wish the best for you. (((hugs)))

Thank you Wolfie!

For every chapter of your life that ends, a new one begins. You have the means and skills to create a better and happier chapter than the last one. Sometimes, it is just better to start a new chapter than to keep on with the old one that is not working for you..

The Mr. Ex and I have been divorced for over 20 years and we agreed on a pleasent one because of the kids and I have to tell you, we have made FAR better friends than we did man and wife. He was not a bad person and neither was I, we just outgrew each other and we are still friends today. He calls me, I call him and we keep in touch... If one of us is in need, all the other has to do is ask. We love one another as friends.

Life is to short for negative things or toxic people and I am sure you have learned, stress can be a factor in your health.

I am happy for you and I am thrilled at all there is out there for you to find and discover in your new life. Just remember "LET GO, LET GOD!" I hope you enjoy your new life as much as I did mine when I got my divorce and find all the wonder and joy out there that I found... Good friends, good times, great life!

(Not to be treating divorce lightly, it does hurt when it ends, no matter what the reasons are)

Good Luck with your new life!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!