Thread: Excessive Stomach Acid question

Hybrid View

Iams low quality too?

wow, it's been a while since I came here to visit...
    I took Guerrero off the pedigree & beneful, & started to feed him Iams... the problem didn't quit all together, but still exists a little bit. So, You're saying that Iams isn't any good either? What else is out there?
    I will say this about Iams, is that my boy's got som BAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDD breath & smelly farts now...
    I've never brushed his teeth... mostly cuz I'm warey he'd try to chew the brush, LOL... could THIS be part of the problem? I give him milk bones for treats... any suggestions there?

BTW, thanks for all your good comments

Quote Originally Posted by conchitaroja View Post
    wow, it's been a while since I came here to visit...
    I took Guerrero off the pedigree & beneful, & started to feed him Iams... the problem didn't quit all together, but still exists a little bit. So, You're saying that Iams isn't any good either? What else is out there?
    I will say this about Iams, is that my boy's got som BAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDD breath & smelly farts now...
    I've never brushed his teeth... mostly cuz I'm warey he'd try to chew the brush, LOL... could THIS be part of the problem? I give him milk bones for treats... any suggestions there?

BTW, thanks for all your good comments
    A good rule of thumb to follow. If you can buy cat/dog food in a human store, or a pet store, its LOW grade no matter the cost & "brand name". Look for a store called Global, or Ryan's, or Global Ryan's (the companies merged, but not all signs have been updated) or any of their sister companies or companies they recommend you to use in your area.

At Global Ryan's (the new name) you can buy the cheapest food they have & KNOW its safe for your dog. The worst thing the cheap stuff has is grain.

gotta run.. at work...

Personally, I wouldnt feed Iams to my dogs. I wouldnt feed any food carried by Walmart or Target.. they're all just too low grade for me. We feed Nature's Recipe from Petsmart. Petco has it too, but its generally cheaper at PM. I'd consider NR a middle grade food. No corn, fillers, byproducts...

We rarely brush our dogs' teeth, but if we notice some plaque-build up, J will scrape it off with a pick.

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

They say that you are what you eat !

That might explain the bad breath and wind problem.