Page 77 of 257 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Which one - I posted on two different topics?

I'd rather discuss the first one - the second has become so very common these days
    These days? Come now, we know politics is the 2nd oldest profession, yet is VERY similar to the first, eh? LOL

You have me at a loss I think. When you say "first" one, do you mean gay marriage? If so, there is not much to discuss... We are probably on the same side there.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    These days? Come now, we know politics is the 2nd oldest profession, yet is VERY similar to the first, eh? LOL

You have me at a loss I think. When you say "first" one, do you mean gay marriage? If so, there is not much to discuss... We are probably on the same side there.
    I did mean the first one - about gay marriage. I think the other one has been dissected from all sides, both here and everywhere else. I'm sorry I posted that article, now. Just couldn't resist the comparison between "real life" and sleaze TV.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    . Believe it or not, I think you really do love our country.
    What hubris. What arrogance. You are the arbiter of "love of country"???

No thanks.

Zebras don't change their stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post

No thanks.

It is funny. Maybe Puck is trying out his new Zen persona.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post

No thanks.

Wow... You must really hate me. That is not even close to what I meant.

I just wanted you to know that I am not one of those "Fox News Republicans" who think that if you are not with us, you hate your country.

Will you ever be able to let go of the drama ES? Maybe take a step back once and not assume the worst from your "enemies"? I am trying to do that.

FWIW, perhaps Zebras cannot change their stripes... But human beings are capable of life altering changes. I've seen it and surely you have too.

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I am heading for that ignore button again.....

7. Quote Originally Posted by sasvermont View Post
    I'll join you SAS....

Wow.... What a shame. Not surprising really, but still a shame.

So there is no hope, unless of course everybody agrees with you? What about "hope and change"?

Talk about being closed minded...

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I guess its a case of "I will see no opinions other then mine, hear no opinions other then mine, speak of no opinions other then mine, and I will shut my eyes, cover my ears and shout down anybody who tries to offer opinions I disagree with". Or maybe when they are offered an olive branch they simply see a sword.

That or Jack in the Box ran out of smoothies.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

In a few hours the new health care packages will be presented.

How stupid are we to let a bunch of morons push this legislation by us without letting us decide what we need.

I want the same coverage that Baba, Nancy and Dianne have. Eff this! The more I see the 'sweeping changes' and 'reform' in the HCS that BO wants to impose upon us, I really have to laugh.

Instead of trying to reel in the costs and looking at the system, one part at a time, the gov't. (current regime) wants to build a fence around the whole problem, then send flunkies inside to do battle with the evil trapped inside.
    There is absolutely no fore thought, planning or desire to really fix the system.

If you think it's bad now?

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post

That or Jack in the Box ran out of smoothies.

Street Rat Crazy in da HOOD!

Their goal is to destroy private health care coverage.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

"rhetorical flourish"?

Say what you mean, mean what you say?

I was watching RED EYE last night and they were talking about the opening round of la senorita's interview. They were right, It is a suckfest. For the sake of being PC, I will leave out the best question of last night's program.

I again apologize to the rest of the country for Dianne Feinstein's appointment to the Senate. She has got to be one of he most annoying politicians on the planet.

-----------------------------

Pat Leahy is fumbling around on CNN about the "wise latina" comment.

I think that sotomayor misspoke- she meant to say, "Homie, This homegirl came from the hood and yo whiteboys just ain't got the 'sperience this OG gots from growing up in the NYC.

---------------------------------------

OH,

I have to say this right now.

I have this underlying dislike of our 'shoo-in' appointee-Not because of her not having bits or her latina-ness or her having more experience for the job.

I CANNOT STAND "professional" people who are inept when it comes to public speaking.

In years gone by, a politician would get to a mike and was able to muddle through a speech or make a comment that was almost perfect.

These days I am effing amazed that a person, born and raised in America, gets to a premier school, gets a law degree, becomes a judge and possibly the next SCJ for the United States and still cannot use English properly.

This is a peeve of mine that shows how petty I am. My dad had a thick accent, never really got the hang of the language -It smell like hell in here!-
    But he made pretty damn sure that his kids were schooled and were able to speak the King's English properly.

----------------------

To hear a person, who has more education that I'll ever see, hack and mangle sentences makes me shake my head and wonder.

I gots the idea that there be a problem with some thing that don't make so much sense when you hear it the first time.

The more I see and hear people that went to a uni/college, get wonderful jobs, yet, cannot seem to speak english properly, lets me know that no one took the time to correct them. It makes me cringe, not because I am any better or smarter. It just irritates me that we look the other way when we hear it.

Wisdom, brains, common sense should never be measured against the way a person speaks, but I wonder how a smart person could never realize how they sound when they speak.

a
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

OH,

I have to say this right now.

I CANNOT STAND "professional" people who are inept when it comes to public speaking.

In years gone by, a politician would get to a mike and was able to muddle through a speech or make a comment that was almost perfect.

These days I am effing amazed that a person, born and raised in America, gets to a premier school, gets a law degree, becomes a judge and possibly the next SCJ for the United States and still cannot use English properly.

This is a peeve of mine that shows how petty I am. My dad had a thick accent, never really got the hang of the language -It smell like hell in here!-
    But he made pretty damn sure that his kids were schooled and were able to speak the King's English properly.

----------------------

To hear a person, who has more education that I'll ever see, hack and mangle sentences makes me shake my head and wonder.

I gots the idea that there be a problem with some thing that don't make so much sense when you hear it the first time.

The more I see and hear people that went to a uni/college, get wonderful jobs, yet, cannot seem to speak english properly, lets me know that no one took the time to correct them. It makes me cringe, not because I am any better or smarter. It just irritates me that we look the other way when we hear it.

Wisdom, brains, common sense should never be measured against the way a person speaks, but I wonder how a smart person could never realize how they sound when they speak.
    Oh, Richard, you opened up the door wide with this one, and I can't resist the obvious. How did you manage to survive the past 8 years of Presidential speaking

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Oh, Richard, you opened up the door wide with this one, and I can't resist the obvious. How did you manage to survive the past 8 years of Presidential speaking

"One of the very difficult parts of the decision I made on the financial crisis was to use hardworking people's money to help prevent there to be a crisis." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Jan. 12, 2009

"Anyone engaging in illegal financial transactions will be caught and persecuted." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2008

"We got plenty of money in Washington. What we need is more priority." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 2, 2008