Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Hybrid View

For those who've been following my daily migraines - which have been happening for months now - I go tomorrow to see the endocrinologist for test results. Every doc I have (working with 4 now) feels sure it's hyperparathyroidism, and getting it under control will get the headaches under control. I hope for SOME news tomorrow.

I slept from 4:50 pm last night until 6:15 pm tonight, and could easily go back to sleep. And that is just with my regular medication. I ask for prayers so I can just function again. I've been moved to a lesser important job at work already... and now I'm finding myself dozing off at my desk multiple times a day. Please, if anyone has a prayer to spare... I'm desperate.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Big prayers for you, Crystal, that you have an answer and treatment tomorrow!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I do pray that you get permanent relief. This has certainly been a trial for you. I've never had a migraine but I used to get bad headaches w/my periods and it was difficult to function even then. I can't imagine what you've been going through.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

All the docs seem to think of we take care of the hyper parathyroidism, the headaches will improve. Off to see the surgeon for that, finally, on the 24th. Things are moving... slowly but surely.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016

Prayers again, Crystal; an answer seems to be in sight...HUGS!

Today someone a number of us know as a cheerful, giving guy may be taking the stand as the defense lawyer has his day in court.

I won't provide links - but late in 2007, he was driving a truck that drove crazily and way too fast for a few minutes, and collided with the back of a car stopped at a red light. A man, his fiance, his two kids and their 16 month old, were all killed.

The horror the witnesses saw, the tragedy - the families of the victims - it's unimaginable what happened.

For those of us that know the driver, we not only were horrified by the accident, but shocked that someone we knew and liked was at the wheel.

Leaving the question of drinking aside - which is denied by defense counsel and our friend - the question of why was he driving like a deranged maniac is on the minds of all sides in this.

This fellow had a totally clean record, was a professional driver, the company's best (said his boss).

Please pray that justice is truly done, and for the families of both sides. Until someone you know is accused of something like this, you don't see how THEIR family suffers also. His wife couldn't go out shopping for groceries as people would harrass her and get in her face.

Prayers please for justice all around, and especially truth. And healing for all.

Thanks.

My aunt has sepsis. She is currently in the ICU, and her kidneys are failing.
    They can't figure out what caused the infection, and are trying to figure that out now..
    From what I've been told, it doesn't look very good right now.. It's going to take a lot of praying to turn this around for the better..

This is my favorite aunt and I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving.

I'm trying to figure out a way to get there to go see her.. They live in San Antonio, almost 6 hours away..

If anyone would like to add her to their prayer list at church, that would very much be appreciated.. Her name is Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    For those who've been following my daily migraines - which have been happening for months now - I go tomorrow to see the endocrinologist for test results. Every doc I have (working with 4 now) feels sure it's hyperparathyroidism, and getting it under control will get the headaches under control. I hope for SOME news tomorrow.

Please, if anyone has a prayer to spare... I'm desperate.
    Instead of working with 4 docs, I am now working with 6... *sigh*

I do indeed have hypercalcemia caused by hyperparathyroidism. Part of the "symptoms" are kidney stones. A year ago I had 3 teeeny tiny (under 3mm) stones in my left kidney. As of today, I have at least half a dozen in each kidney... some are over 1cm in size (One is 1.2 cm). I've been home all week with a terrible migraine that my meds aren't touching and with my kidneys killing me. I went to the ER today for CT scans. My job is getting really frustrated as I've gone over the allotted days I was permitted with my FMLA coverage... and still have nearly a month until my surgery. It's a bad situation all the way around. Each day another "symptom" rears its ugly head. Could ya'll keep up the prayers?

I am sending heartfelt prayers out to all of you who have requested them or need them. Bless all of you and your's.

I would like to request prayers for my Son. He was hospitalized last night. The hospital is running all kinds of tests trying to find out what it is. He's such a good guy. I can't stand to see him suffer.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Kia ~ Kimmy & Andy Miller's FurPup Injured & Hospitalized on 4/25/09 ~ Prayers Needed

Here's the Quickie Version below;
    for the details (as of 8:00 pm Saturday, April 25, 2009 ---

Look at the Kia Thread in "Dog General" at >>>

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2144879

Kia (on the LEFT in this Kia + Chipper snappie) >>>

Kia had a boo-boo this evening and
    has been rushed to the Emergency Dept
    at Michigan State University
    College Of Veterinary Medicine in East
    Lansing, Michigan.

She is OK / Stable ... but pretty 'sore'!

See the Kia Thread in Dog General for the latest UpDates
    and to offer Pet Talk Prayers for Kia, Kimmy, and Andy.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2144879

Kia Uppie-Date: She's (almmost) *Fixed* and soon headed HOME!!

OH HAPPIE DAZE!!

Somebody musta *Prayed* really FAST!!

Kia is (almost) *FIXED* - or as *fixed* as she can be tonight ...

X-Rays showed a Hairline Crack / break in her Upper Jaw - just behind the big K9 tooth.

There was a Surgeon called in for another patient, and he studied Kia's x-rays ---
    said there was NOTHINNG that could be done surgically that wouldn't just make
    things worse. So she's to be on SOFT Foods for three weeks or so and
    *NO* Ruff~Housing allowed.

She'll have antibiotics and pain pills to slow her down a bit;
    then some TIME will let the jaw heal itself.

They will pull the just installed catheter and start to *wake her up* from
    being anesthetized for the x-rays.
    She's headed for HOME as soon as she can *walk* out of the ER Department on her own.

THANKS, God!!

Prayers for Kia on the way!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post

OH HAPPIE DAZE!!

Somebody musta *Prayed* really FAST!!

Kia is (almost) *FIXED* - or as *fixed* as she can be tonight ...

X-Rays showed a Hairline Crack / break in her Upper Jaw - just behind the big K9 tooth.

There was a Surgeon called in for another patient, and he studied Kia's x-rays ---
    said there was NOTHINNG that could be done surgically that wouldn't just make
    things worse. So she's to be on SOFT Foods for three weeks or so and
    *NO* Ruff~Housing allowed.

She'll have antibiotics and pain pills to slow her down a bit;
    then some TIME will let the jaw heal itself.

They will pull the just installed catheter and start to *wake her up* from
    being anesthetized for the x-rays.
    She's headed for HOME as soon as she can *walk* out of the ER Department on her own.

THANKS, God!!

Oh happy days is right! I'm so happy that Kia is already on the mend. PT prayer power works!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11