Thread: The ringworm saga continues.

Hybrid View

The ringworm saga continues.

Just when I thought we were safe from the ringworm that Pumpkin had brought here, I find a suspicious spot on Rutherford.

Here we go again.

Not again Jen!!
    We pray that you can,once and for all stop this from spreading.
    I am so lucky that GCK,and Angels did not bring anything like that in,during thier short stay at the Hotel.
    We are sending Prayers to you,Friend Jen.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that Jen. I guess I didn't realize just how lucky I was when Jazz had it and she didn't spread it to Ripley or Disney. That was before Scout, Rocky and Rumor or I'd probably had an epedemic.

I hope this is just an isolated case.

From Decker with Love

Knock on wood we've never had to go through this. I sure hope you can get rid of this nasty stuff soon.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Oh Jen.......*HUGS* *HUGS* *HUGS* *HUGS*

I pray that you are able to contain it.

Hang in there girl and keep us posted.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Oh dear .... well since Rutherford is a big healthy kitty, it shouldn't get too bad on him. Let's hope and pray for the best!

(((HUGS)))
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    Oh dear .... well since Rutherford is a big healthy kitty, it shouldn't get too bad on him. Let's hope and pray for the best!

(((HUGS)))
    Kim
    Here's the puzzling thing...... Just yesterday I heard (yes heard) Rutherford leave a wet, noisy poop, in the box. Maybe having some diarrhea depressed his immune system enough to allow the ringworn to take hold.

The spot on Rutherford is quite large in comparrison to the 2 spots Pumpkin had.

I know that he should be confined, but I feel so badly cutting him off from the family. He didn't ask for this. What am I gonna do???

The ringworm saga continues

How sad to hear this, Jen. I can't begin to even imagine how totally frustrated you must be by now. I feel bad because I can't offer you any thoughts or solutions for this. What I do offer you is my support, prayers, and willingness to help if there's any way I can.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I tell ya, once it's in your carpet, even your woodwork ... there is really no fighting it. I just deal with it and it eventually passes. Of course, I haven't had a really bad outbreak before, so maybe I've just been lucky. I know my friend from another rescue always knocks herself out scouring, separating, bathing / dipping, etc... including much fretting ... and she still has it as long as I ever had. I just try to remain thankful that it isn't really anything serious. It's ugly and itchy, but it goes away.

(((hugs)))
    Kim
    Last edited by kimlovescats; 11-06-2005 at 02:02 PM. Reason: spelling errors ...oops
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!