Thread: Ahhhhh.....the saga of Rose continues!

Ahhhhh.....the saga of Rose continues!

Ok all, Anna came up to Fort Wayne tonight and dropped Rose off at Vicki's house. She is absolutely STUNNING! OMG, I just love her.

Now for the drama,,,, I had just walked in the door after leaving Vicki's and the phone rang. I answer it and hear "She's out!" Well that took her all of 20 minutes to get out of the kennel. Next thing I hear, Oh my God, she's not in the backyard. GREAT! She had broken out of Vicki's latticed gate in the yard and was out in the neighborhood. She had no ID at all since we had not yet gotten a collar and her tags on. I hurried and got the dogs in the house and took off again to Vicki's house, but, before I left she called and said that she had gotten Rose and that she had been at the neighborhood park playing with the kids. Well, at that point my heartrate went down a few hundred bpm.

Now for the good news. After reinforcing the bottom of the fence with wire ties and fence ties and putting a pallet down in front of the gate, we let Vicki's house dogs out in the back. I waited for Rose to turn into attack dog from hell, but she sniffed each one as they stood at the kennel and then started whining and barking and jumping around. SHE WANTED TO PLAY WITH THEM!!! This is such a good sign. I think Mike and I will go over tomorrow morning and reinforce the kennel and then see what happens if we take a dog at a time out and introduce them on leashes. I will let you know.

Anna, you are a dear sweet woman to drive her up here and allow us the pleasure of taking her. Thank you for all the hard work and heart ache I put you through.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

AAAWWWW!!!
    I'm seeing Light at the end of the tunnel!!!!
    Congratulations...though it takes alot...The end result is ALWAYS worth the efforts!!!!!

Hey,Every nowand then the old ticker needs a jump start,right????

Big THANK YOU to Dear Anna for all that she endured....now she can see how it paid off!!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Sorry I didn't call you back last night Molly.

You know, I just KNEW that was going to happen. When I walked in the door & started talking to Mark, I was telling him that she was trying to get out just like she did here. That's when he tells me you have a message. I was so glad to hear that you got her back safely, and see....I told you she was good with kids
    I hope all went well last night and she doesn't tear her nose up any more, poor girl.

I was so upset after leaving last night, I think I cried about 3 times on the way home (and it's really hard to drive in the dark and cry at the same time ). I know we only had her for 3 days, but I got very attached & I'm sure you see why! She is not only beautiful, she is very smart and very good (well, except when it comes down to getting out of her kennel ). And Molly you kept saying you don't think that Mark is a real dog person....when I got home he says "I know even though it was a hassle when she was here, I miss her!" Now, what do you think about that

I'm glad to hear she's getting along with the other dogs, I couldn't tell you why she didn't want to with ours, maybe ours are a little territorial Let me tell you, if she could have we would have gladly fostered her until she could find a home!
    Well, no use crying over spilt milk, I just hope Vickie can find her a wonderful home, she surely deserves it!

Please keep me updated on how she's doing and how things are going with her, and tell Vickie thanks for taking her, and thanks to you Molly for telling me about her & helping pay half of the cost

I have the best of hopes for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh, Anna. What a tumultuous few days you've had! I'm not at all surprised to read that you fell in love with her. She has the sweetest face, was so in need and I'm sure in her own special way, she let you know how very grateful she was for all you did for her! Thanks to you and to Mugsy and all who helped to save, this beautiful flower of a Rose, she now has a wonderful life to look forward to!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Well the drama queen didn't do any acting today! She was a perfect lady. We did decide that she is protective aggressive. She got nasty with Buddy today when she perceived that he was threatening Vicki. She went bye bye with us today over to the new facility. She and Mike ran around the building chasing each other....it was really funny. She rode like a lady all the way there and back. She snuggled with Mike in the back seat (hmmmmm.....) When Vicki and I left for Warsaw and got back, she was in her dog house sleeping. She has gotten sick a few times, but I think that's because she's still afraid that she won't get enough and slams her food down too fast.

She did the saddest thing today. It just broke my heart. She has been so starved that she buries food. We gave her 3 treats and she went and buried them 3 different places in the yard. The good news is that Anna was right, she does LOVE to play. And she LOVES little kids.

What a sweet girl!!! Sounds like poor Rose has had a rough of go it, but all that has changed now!!! You guys are so great for saving her. Now she can find a home where she will get the love she deserves!!!

Wow, I never even knew that she would bury her food and treats. I usually only had her in the house when I gave her treats & food, and just gave her a small amount of food when she was in the kennel by herself. That is so sad
    So she got a little aggressive hu? I would have felt really stupid if she hadn't showed you a little of that side after all I said Not that I'm happy about it mind you.
    Has Mike worked with her at all? Does he think she can get over this aggressiveness in time? I sure hope so, but if not like I said before, she would need to be an only dog. Hey, that just means all the more love for her
    See, told ya she loved kids & loved to play! Did you get to see her run full speed? Isn't it just the sweetest? She looks like she's flying!

Mike thinks it's totally curable. It's just going to take time. We haven't had much time to work with her. Right now we're going to try and get the building ready. Unfortunately since she's dog aggressive, she's going to have stay at the shelter, but she'll have plenty attention. We think we have worked out a schedule. She absolutely LOVES Mike because he plays really rough with her! It is really funny to see them.

How sad that she buries her treats
    She won't have to anymore--she's in good hands now!!!
    She sounds like an absolute gem, and she'll get so much love as an only dog!!!
    I know Mike will work wonders with her, as he has so many others!!

She has totally captured my heart--keep us updated on this big sweetie for sure
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Doesn't it just break your heart?

Thank you two for stepping in and saving this beautiful dog.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I'm glad everything turned out fine.

I find that most rotties (ecspecially young ones) are very playful! I notice that they love to whine alot when they play too lol. Such sweethearts. I'm glad that Rose played nice.

Were any of the parents at the park angry?
    I've been BOO'd!

Molly, Mike, Vicki and Anna ............. Angels ......

Tears in my eyes thinking about Rose burying her treats - poor baby
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Nope, no angry parents. The most damage she did was slime a shirt or 2! lol

She doesn't seem to be burying treats anymore. She gets a couple of bowls of food a couple of times a day. She is steadily gaining weight.

Dr. B. (our vet) has agreed to spay her. I'll see if he won't cut us a deal since she is a rescue.

Ohhhh that's wonderful Molly!

I'm glad to hear our baby is putting on a few pounds And to hear that she's not buring treats anymore is wonderful also!

I hope that the spay helps her a little with her aggression issues.

Kisses & Hugs for my Rosie girl