Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Batman is very sick

Batman is very sick

On saturday night Batman started throwing up, but we figured maybe he just ate something bad cause he throws up sometimes, so we gave him a little dinner and went to bed, but he threw up four times that night and 2 or 3 times on sunday. and he lost a lot of wieght and was really dehydrated and wouldnt eat or drink, even though we forced him to have some water. and he was acting really listless, he would barely lift his head and he wouldnt get up or wag his tail. so we took him to the vet monday morning and they had to admit him and they gave him an IV and took and x-ray to see if he had a blockage and the vet said that she couldnt see a blockage but that a radiologist had to look at it to be sure. so they sent it to a radiologist and said we would have it by the next morning(tuesday) meanwhile we had to bring him home for the night because they werent an overnight clinic, but he seemed like he was doing better so the vet said it was probably not a blockage but it could still be a partial blockage. well in the morning it turns out the the radiologist they sent it to is on vacation and wont be back til the 18th so they send it to another one. it doesnt get sent until midnight on tuesday and it is now 11:48 on wednesday and the other radiologist still doesnt have it and probably wont until this afternoon. and batman had seemes like he was getting better, he was eating a little bit of the boiled chicken and rice they told us to feed him and drinking a little water, but then last night he threw up again and has thrown up 3 times since then. and the vet is working at a different clinic today so we have to pay the emergency fees if we take him there and it was $400 on monday just to take him to the normal one. and the vets are really frustrating because they're saying theres nothing they can do about the xray. So does anyone know anything that might help him or make him feel a little better atleast until the vets get the xray thing taken care of? he seems like hes trying to poop now but it seems like it hurts him to squat down
    Last edited by G.P.girl; 12-14-2005 at 02:04 PM. Reason: finish post

update: my mom just left, shes taking him in for surgery. they said they are going to do it even without the xray because if they dont he'll die and it looks like he most likely does have a blockage. and he'll probably have to stay over night. and all of that will proably be about $2000....so

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Batman. Prayers going out that they are able to fix whatever is wrong. Be strong, Batman. {{{Hugs}}}

Poor Batman. My thoughts are with you and Batman. Please keep us posted on him.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Batman, I hope you get better. My thoughts are with you all the time, please get better and heal quickly.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

well, my mom just called, she said he's in surgery now, so we're just waiting for the vet to call now *chews nails*.....i'm really worried about him

Oh no, poor baby Batman, we need you to get well, sweetheart! I hope the radiologist can review those films very soon! In the meantime, I'd keep in close touch with my vet, continue to feed the bland diet and make sure he's drinking. You don't want him to get dehydrated, especially if he continues to vomit They the vet give him anything for the nausea and vomiting? LOTS of postiive thoughts coming your way, Batman. Keeping you in my prayers and hoping and for a swift recovery Hugs to you, precious one. Get well soon. Hugs to your mom, too. Please keep us updated.

Sandra~

Missed your update. In surgery Biting my nails along with you. Saying a prayer right now for Batrman.

I hope Batman will be okay! Poor guy, I'll be crossing my fingers for him.

I'm glad your mom took him in. I'll be saying a prayer that it's all going well.
    Please update us when you can.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

pT prayers going out for poor Batman. Hope he's gonna be alright .

I hope that Batman's surgery has gone well and he will have a full
    recovery.
    Will be waiting for an update.

----<---<--<{(@

Poor guy, I hope all turns out well

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Aw batman...i hope he recovers well and quickly.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

ok so hes out of surgery and they had to cut him open in 3 places and he had eaten three tampons and a piece of rubber (i think from one of his toys) that dog is crazy but hes ok now and my mom is bringing him home