Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: there's gonna be DRAMA tonite!!! (what am i thinking?)

there's gonna be DRAMA tonite!!! (what am i thinking?)

Josie is growing up . . . becoming more calm . . . not quite so wild . . . my husband and I have come to a decision . . .

. . . JOSIE is going to get to stay out all night tonight!!! (not outside, just out)

Some of you will probably think I'm crazy for this, but since we've had her, we've kept her in HER room at night, with the door CLOSED.

Ever since the "Alarm Clock Situation" she has been scratching REALLY LOUD at the door, allllll night, begging to be let out!!! So we've decided that we're gonna try it for ONE night and see how she does. Free roam of the house while we hopefully sleep.

HOPEFULLY . . .

wish us luck. or more, wish josie luck, because if she behaves, this could become routine. if not . . . back into the room she'll go for the night.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Christa, how old is Josie? Are you going to close the door to your bedroom?
    If you do she is going to be scratching on that door.
    I wish you good luck!
    My cats won’t tolerate any closed doors.
    Auggie sits in front of the closet door every evening and meows until I open it.

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!

Good luck! Pssst: Josie, be good! If you are, then they'll let you have free roam all night. Imagine the joy of snuggling with mom and dad in bed. Think of how much fun it'll be to wake them up in the morning by walking on their haeds!

OH my gosh! You shut her in another room?? Mine would rip the door down if I tried that! I WANT mine in bed with me, I love waking up to kitties spralled out around me and to be petting them before I am fully wake...

I bought a double bed because that twin size was not big enough for 4 cats and me and they do not like the new bed! I wake up now and only one is on there with me, the rest are spralled out on the floor around the bed.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Good luck little Josie, enjoy your night out!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Yes, I know Laura's Babies, I'm a BAD meowmie!!! But you've got to realize that up until the past few months, Josie had a bad habit of SCOOTING HER POOPY BUTT!!! More than anything, we were afraid of where all we'd find poop stains if we left her out all the time. But, she's better now, has stopped with the scooting and hopefully can be trusted!!!

We will have to leave the bedroom door open . . . she'd definitely scratch it all night. She does anyway . . . even if it's closed and we're not in there.

We'll see how it goes . . .

Auggie: Josie will be 1 year in October.
    -christa

Oh Yea! Now I remember...maybe she has learned her lesson now... but mine would rip the door down anyway, no matter what the reason they were shut in another room! (I know, I have accidently shut them in a room)

If she still does it, I would have her checked at the vets.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Originally posted by Laura's Babies
    Oh Yea! Now I remember...maybe she has learned her lesson now... but mine would rip the door down anyway, no matter what the reason they were shut in another room! (I know, I have accidently shut them in a room)

If she still does it, I would have her checked at the vets.
    ripping down the door? that is EXACTLY what it sounds like she's been doing lately! that's why we're setting her free. she's not a little baby anymore.

as for the scooting . . . I haven't seen her do that in about 2 months, so I think she's OK now.
    -christa

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I'd be buried alive if our bedroom door was left open for all to come in! As it is, my very handicapped darling Thumbelina wakes me up in the A.M. We have a little game..when she knows I'll be getting up soon, she gets on top of me and starts her drooling, and nose rubs. I will peek at her a bit with one eye, and she KNOWS...and then the floodgates open! YAY mama's awake now...dancing away, and non-stop drooly rubs every morning LOL! How can I resist...she's beaten all the odds so far! Good luck with Josie, and her 'night on the town'! P.S Thank God for air conditioners..great for noise reduction!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Josie, be good!!!

When it was just me and Tito, if I tried to shut him out of my bedroom at night, he would FREAK and literally practically take up the carpet under the door with his claws. I think he'd be more laid back if I tried something like that now, now that he has Sophie to cuddle with.

Yet another reason to get Josie a playmate!!!
    just kiddin'

kinda

Now be a good girl Josie so you can have your freedom at night while your parents sleep.
    I have to keep my door partially open with a door stopper. If I close my bedroom door completely, then my furkids will cry and try to knock my door down. They don't always sleep on the bed with me but just want to be in the same room with me. Good luck.

IS JOSIE A MANX?

MY CAT, SMARTY, HAD POOPY BUTT. I LOOKED ON THE MANX SITE, IT'S NORMAL...UNPLEASANT, BUT NORMAL!! HE'S 'OLDER' NOW... JUST A LITTLE OLDER THAN JOSIE. IT'S MUCH BETTER I'VE NO DOORS, BECAUSE OF THE WHEELCHAIR... I'VE SUNNY GIRL BELOW, SHE HATES PAPER PRODUCTS!! IF IT'S ON THE FLOOR IT'S FAIR GAME!! I PUT THE CAT TOYS ON OR IN THE KITTY CONDO. THEY'VE NEVER BEEN UNTOUCHED! I'VE FOUND ALL MY KITTYS DO DIFFERENT THINGS AT NIGHT... THEY SURE AREN'T SLEEPING!!!

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TRIAL RUN!! I HOPE YOU REST.
    KITTY FRIEND
    TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS
    MULTICATMOM

Thanks for all your "support" . . . you all make it sound so easy!

lizzielou: I complete agree that Josie needs a companion.

MCM: I will definitely try to leave Josie "things to do" tonight to keep her occupied. Only problem is, she likes to carry things off and often ends up carrying them up onto our bed. I'll probably wake up to a bed full of toys!

QSA: That's so sweet (and amazing) how Thumbelina wakes you up in the mornings!!! I hope Josie is sweet like that in the mornings. She usually is, but that's after we've just let her out of her room. I always figured she was just glad to break free every morning.

Almost time for bed . . . I'm really putting it off here! It's way past our bedtime!
    -christa

Good luck!! Hope Josie behaves!! Will be waiting for an update!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Well I missed this until this morning so I'm dying to know how it went.
    Is Josie going to have her night time freedom from now on? Please Josie tell me you were a good girl!! I know you would rather cuddle with Meowmie than have to stay in your own room. Were you good last night?