Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music And Your Pets!

Music And Your Pets!

Hi All!
    I was just curious if anyone plays music for their pets as I heard it was relaxing for them and they seem to like it!
    I leave some mellow music on not loud to hurt their ears but just enough that they can hear it and myself included! I was thinking about it today and wondered if any one did the same or am I a little weird.
    I donn't think it would have any bad effects?
    What do you think? Rosey

I think music is great for my dogs since they both have seperation anxiety. My cat doesn't seem to care. I always leave on either new age, soul, or classical music playing softly when I'm not home. I also play it at night when we all go to sleep. So when they listen to it during the day while I'm gone, its easier for them to sleep.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

That's a good idea! Tanya gets a little bored when I have no time to play and she doesn't like to play with my bro and sis. Maybe music will keep her occupied? I'll see if I can turn her into a BSB fan... (joke!)
    I think I own my dog, but it owns my heart and home

POOR TANYA!!!! dont torture her with BSB!!!!!!! Treat her to something good like... NELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    KayAnn And Simba, the super duper "Wunduh Mutt"

Go Buccaneers!

Sorry KayAnn, the Schnauzers don't like "Nelly" when we leave we also put on classical soothing music. They are not as hip as Simba.
    By the way KayAnn, the Chargers in season are undefeated, how about Tampa Bay?
    Jackie

Oh yeah--- getting back to you all, Tanya/Cookie LOVES the Backstreet Boys!! She also likes Mozart, for some reason.
    I think I own my dog, but it owns my heart and home

Uhm, maybe you should get Tanya checked at the vet! hehehehehe Listening to back street boys can lead to serious brain problems! As well as britney spears n sync christina aguilera 98 degrees and the list goes on.. follow theese directions if you find your self listening to the people above: Smack yourself upside the head say to yourself " What the heck am i listening to?!?!" the proceed to find the nearest Nelly cd and listen to his wonderful rhymes! hehehehe

Go Buccaneers!

I'm the New Country Music girl myself
    Or all the oldies are great too!
    That may bring out my age Oh no!

well see.. i like country and oldies and all kinds of music.. just not the bsb and n SUCK and all thoose other... its animal cruelty to make your pets listen to that!

Go Buccaneers!

She also likes Mozart, for some reason.
    Eudora: Cookie likes Mozart because she's a pup with very good taste, as any Golden should be

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

LOL!! I won't have to get into any musical "wars" here. We always turn on the radio to National Public Radio when we're gone for long periods of time! I think Mimi and Butter could care less, but my petsitter seems to think it helps to keep Honey and Lilly from getting into too much trouble! I'm not sure if that's true...but we didn't lose any more hamsters while we were away last time!

I love Celion Dion - but when I put her CD on and try and sing like her - my cats get right in my face, try and swat me on the side of the head. To me - I sound just like her

UMMMMMM at the risk of appearing completely stupid - is that an opera you're referring to????

AHHH it would not doubt - but when I sing Dion and the Bellmonts rendition of "Blue Moon" - that does the trick

I LOVE Alanis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still think Nelly is the best for and pet to listen to!! Maybe for the dogs try playin "Bow Wow" by Lil Bow Wow!.. the lyrics are like this bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay were my dogs at bark with me now heheheheheheheheeehehehehehe!

Go Buccaneers!