Thread: update on Rocco

update on Rocco

It means alot to know there are such caring people in the world,Thank you all. Today Rocco still has not gone #2; he did urinate this afternnon. I have not feed him since the night before but I have given him water. He seems to want to eat but I have refrained.I have not given him anymore medicine pain or other described becuase he isn't crying any longer. He seems to be getting better. I have one question should I give him the antibiotic prescribed and shouild I give him a lowfat high fiber diet as suggested here. B.T.W Thank you all again I hope you all are having a wonderful day.

Definitely give the antibiotic

as secondary infections to pancreatitis are common. It's ok to coat the pills with a little peanut butter so that your dog takes them. A little bit of oil in the peanut butter won't hurt. Just don't let puppy gobble down the jar while you aren't looking!

You should call the last Vet you were working with last. Explain to her that you have withheld food for 24 hrs and that it has helped- especially with the pain part. Ask her if it would be appropriate to give the dog a couple of very small meals of the Hills w/d can dog food - which the Vet can supply? If so then ask her how much of the can per meal should be given. She may tell you to go ahead and try, or may have you wait another day. Ask about the possibility of adding rice- no butter or salt! Remember in the case of pancreatitis it's important to give the digestive system a rest. Once you get Rosco past the crises, then consult with the Vet as to the best high fiber dry food to try.