Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you wear to...

What do you wear to...

an interview at Petco? My normal "interview suit" (a fabulous black silk number with red silk blouse) is definate overkill for Petco. But what DO I wear? A nice pair of slacks and twin-set? Or perhaps a skirt and blouse? Still too formal? I don't want to look too spiffy because then they might not offer me anything thinking they'll never be able to meet my salary expectations.

I've been shocked at what people wear to interviews - I've seen people in JEANS and T-shirts! Which is definately something I don't want to do (its somethng I COULD NOT do since I have not owned a pair of jeans in about ten years)

I think a pair of nice pants and a blouse, with even a blazer would be fine. I wear khakis and a sweater or blouse almost every single day to my job. It's more comfortable and still is "dressy" enough.

Good luck!
    Logan

I would probably wear a pair of dress pants with a casual blouse.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Here you say that you should wear one level higher than what you would wear at work. So if you can work in jeans and sweatshirt, the slacks and twinset would be just fine.

If you'd work in slacks, than the skirt and blouse would be fine.

I would also think black silk is too up-dressed.

But of course there are cultural differences at well. PM Sara (Edwina's secretary), she's a HR consultant. (And she gets up early )

I wore a pair of kakis and a bouse with a blazer to my interview at PetSmart. Turns out they were looking for purple hair, excessive piercings and torn jeans. Go figure! Good luck Kim!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by moosmom
    I wore a pair of kakis and a bouse with a blazer to my interview at PetSmart. Turns out they were looking for purple hair, excessive piercings and torn jeans. Go figure! Good luck Kim!!
    LOL... Do I have time to dye my hair? I can paste little rhinestones to my nose and eyebrows. Do you thnk that'll impress them?

Thanks guys! I will have to survey my closet. I have a pair of casual black slacks hat I usully wear with a plum colored blouse that has bold ivory, tan, and burgundy flowers on it (it sounds dreadful but its one of my favorite blouses! )

Most days I get up early.....

I would go with the slacks and a twin set...or a blouse and blazer. Neutral patterns.

You may well be interviewing with someone (almost) young enough to be your son ....so you want to look casual yet professional and not too "mom."

I think the slacks and twinset sound great, I can't imagine that they won't jump on the chance to hire you.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

and a little anti-persperant on the palms of your hands will keep them from sweating for that all important handshake.

good luck

These are not the droids you were looking for

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    Most days I get up early.....

I would go with the slacks and a twin set...or a blouse and blazer. Neutral patterns.

You may well be interviewing with someone (almost) young enough to be your son ....so you want to look casual yet professional and not too "mom."

Great advice...I agree

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
    **hugs**

Well I'm back! I won't know gfor a day or so... they made me take a test like the SATs where I filled in little circles to answer questions that made me laugh. A sampling of the questions:
    Can you read well enough to take this test?
    There are 30 hours in a day
    I think its ok to steal from an employer

OMG... what a test! Biting my nails as to whether or not I failed!

I have no idea what position they are looking to fill. They did ask me about grooming... and I'm not so sure I'd want that - I have enough time getting my monsters brushed and bathed!

Kim,

I had to take a test when I applied to Petco too. It's a dumb test in which there are no right answers. I think you'll do just fine.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

So what did you wear???? Inquiring minds want to know! LOL!!!

My black pants with the plum shirt. Its very nice and not at all "old lady" looking.

Originally posted by catnapper
    They did ask me about grooming... and I'm not so sure I'd want that - I have enough time getting my monsters brushed and bathed!

What IF they were referring to your blouse?

Good luck!!!