Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cat Snot

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    I was thinking it might be the litter that she is sensitive to, not sure what you use.
    Sorry I'm slow to reply, I don't have Internet and my phone is maxed out. I have to wait until my roomie gets home so I can mooch off his cells WiFi.

He was using something in a bucket. I'm using the green boxed litter from Costco.

What is a natural litter? I'm not well educated in cats.

Natural litters are things made from pine, corn, wheat, etc. These can be recycled but the good thing is they are much less messy than clay litters. You can get them at any pet store, but I don't think they have them at Costco.

Blog Entries
    Well, if yer a teensy bit strapped for cash, no worries. But.... might be something to consider when yer flush. Cat snot is gross but I don't believe it's fatal

i have a friend who has the same problem with his persian, he says persians are known for it, something i never knew, i have no answers really, but right now my cat is using flumax, which has the lysine in it, it's after her dental surgery as she is a flu carrier, even though vaccinated yearly, when stressed she can get a mild dose, i have to say so far so good, its been five days, there was a couple of sneezes but thats all and she seems to be responding, however it is expensive, cost me 42 dollars for a bottle ,although the bottle is large and lasts in to 2016, im in NZ ,but im sure there is an equivalent where you live, might be worth asking about.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

A vast majority of shelter cats or cats "on the street" (some experts dare to say about 90% of them) all have either calicivirus or herpesvirus. Herpesvirus can transpire as an "upper respiratory infection" that seems to come and go. Once they have been exposed to the virus, they have it for life, though symptoms may wax and wane or you can go years without a flare-up.

RARELY do cat allergies transpire as runny eyes/congestion. In dogs and cats, environmental allergies/food allergies/allergies in general transpire as skin related issues... ears, hot spots, chewing feet, with cats you may have hair loss/scabbing because of scratching around the ears/neck, etc. But rarely will allergies cause congestion like you're describing.

If you haven't already, PLEASE consider getting a second opinion from a different vet. There are a lot of options available to you, from minor stuff like using Viralys during flare-ups to even more major like nose biopsies.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    A vast majority of shelter cats or cats "on the street" (some experts dare to say about 90% of them) all have either calicivirus or herpesvirus. Herpesvirus can transpire as an "upper respiratory infection" that seems to come and go. Once they have been exposed to the virus, they have it for life, though symptoms may wax and wane or you can go years without a flare-up.

RARELY do cat allergies transpire as runny eyes/congestion. In dogs and cats, environmental allergies/food allergies/allergies in general transpire as skin related issues... ears, hot spots, chewing feet, with cats you may have hair loss/scabbing because of scratching around the ears/neck, etc. But rarely will allergies cause congestion like you're describing.

If you haven't already, PLEASE consider getting a second opinion from a different vet. There are a lot of options available to you, from minor stuff like using Viralys during flare-ups to even more major like nose biopsies.
    I'm going to give the Viralys a try. The shower steam didn't work at all for her at all. On the + side, she is having less and less snot with the new food. She sneezes daily, but there is only snot maybe every few days, and she snorts a lot less. I'm hoping the better diet gives her the immune boost she needs with the Viralys to help her feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Digi View Post
    I'm going to give the Viralys a try. The shower steam didn't work at all for her at all. On the + side, she is having less and less snot with the new food. She sneezes daily, but there is only snot maybe every few days, and she snorts a lot less. I'm hoping the better diet gives her the immune boost she needs with the Viralys to help her feel better.
    Sounds like progress!
    I've Been Frosted

Vaccines keeping our pets ill and keeping the vets in profit

Hi

iv recently found out that dental health problems are the main cause for cronic sinus infections, animals cant relly tell us if they have underlying dental issues.

But also our pets are becoming too ill nowadays many dying from cancers, allergies etc etc, this was all unheard of before the 1970's.
    Vaccinations on our pets is a massive fraud to keep profit hungry pharma companies and vets in a well paid business, but thats finally being exposed.....

www.petwelfarealliance.org/vets-on-vaccines.html

http://www.canine-health-concern.org...tificData.html

Some links to some sites run by vets and animal lovers and who are trying to expose the dangers of yearly vaccinations forced on our pets by vets (over half their annual income is from vaccines alone - the vets pay approx £1 per vaccine vile then charge us up to £80 odd!! ), No scientific data to justify the vaccines saftey but tons of scientific data to show the reasons NOT to vaccinate!
    Symptoms will show 3 months after the injection (enough time so the vaccine is not the suspected cause), This ensures you revisit the vet with yr pets new illness so their profits are boosted even more at our expense and our pets health / life.

I know its a bit hard to digest but people need to know this because we are unknowingly destroying our pets health and happiness by putting our trust into a corrupt system - thankgod there are still some vets out there who put an animals welfare before profit.

I would stop vaccines ASAP and then visit a holistic natural medicine vet who knows only too well why our pets our suffering in mass numbers today, they will treat and undo any damages caused by the vaccinations.

No illness is incurable, its just kept hidden so corporate profits are reached.

Hope this helps and good luck to you

Ronnie

p.s please share this info with everyone you know who has pets, this is the only way we can put a stop to the awful injustice forced against our silent pets

I find all this very hard to believe. I am a human being who knows I inherited my allergies, etc., it did not stem from any vaccinations I received as a child. You can trace certain allergies of mine back right down through several generations on my family tree!

I know vaccination science has changed over the years, science is discovering new things all the time. And yes, some pets do develop vaccination site cancers, but most do not. It is a complicated subject.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by pickled78 View Post
    Hi

iv recently found out that dental health problems are the main cause for cronic sinus infections, animals cant relly tell us if they have underlying dental issues.

But also our pets are becoming too ill nowadays many dying from cancers, allergies etc etc, this was all unheard of before the 1970's.
    Vaccinations on our pets is a massive fraud to keep profit hungry pharma companies and vets in a well paid business, but thats finally being exposed.....

www.petwelfarealliance.org/vets-on-vaccines.html

http://www.canine-health-concern.org...tificData.html

Some links to some sites run by vets and animal lovers and who are trying to expose the dangers of yearly vaccinations forced on our pets by vets (over half their annual income is from vaccines alone - the vets pay approx £1 per vaccine vile then charge us up to £80 odd!! ), No scientific data to justify the vaccines saftey but tons of scientific data to show the reasons NOT to vaccinate!
    Symptoms will show 3 months after the injection (enough time so the vaccine is not the suspected cause), This ensures you revisit the vet with yr pets new illness so their profits are boosted even more at our expense and our pets health / life.

I know its a bit hard to digest but people need to know this because we are unknowingly destroying our pets health and happiness by putting our trust into a corrupt system - thankgod there are still some vets out there who put an animals welfare before profit.

I would stop vaccines ASAP and then visit a holistic natural medicine vet who knows only too well why our pets our suffering in mass numbers today, they will treat and undo any damages caused by the vaccinations.

No illness is incurable, its just kept hidden so corporate profits are reached.

Hope this helps and good luck to you

Ronnie

p.s please share this info with everyone you know who has pets, this is the only way we can put a stop to the awful injustice forced against our silent pets

i suggest you do your research, iv provided 2 links which contain all the scientific data, veterinary experts along with doctors who are all stating the dangers, if you cant be bothered to look & research and justify your ignorance towards the matter then more fool you and feel sorry for your pets ..GOD SAKE DO IT FOR THEM AT LEAST!! what are you scared of??

Here are 3 snap shots from a page on one site showing a small selection of qualified scientific data illustrating the dangers of vaccines and dr quotes......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pet1.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	58524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pet2.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	58523Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pet3.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	58522

We decided to go the L-lysine route. She gets a pill twice a day. I crush it up into a spoon full of wet cat food. Cam gets some wet, but the unspiked one, as she was so angry the first time I gave just Gwen the wet.

Hopefully we'll see a big difference soon. Luckily Gwen doesn't care at all about her snotty nose, and sometimes I can tell its really uncomfortable. Shes the happiest little kitty

We decided to go the L-lysine route. She gets a pill twice a day. I crush it up into a spoon full of wet cat food. Cam gets some wet, but the unspiked one, as she was so angry the first time I gave just Gwen the wet.

Hopefully we'll see a big difference soon. Luckily Gwen doesn't care at all about her snotty nose, and sometimes I can tell its really uncomfortable. Shes the happiest little kitty
    Aww, that's good that she's a happy girl, hopefully you will get results soon!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I find all this very hard to believe. I am a human being who knows I inherited my allergies, etc., it did not stem from any vaccinations I received as a child. You can trace certain allergies of mine back right down through several generations on my family tree!

I know vaccination science has changed over the years, science is discovering new things all the time. And yes, some pets do develop vaccination site cancers, but most do not. It is a complicated subject.
    Visit the 2 links i provided and the scientific data and facts from qualified doctors and vets will help you to believe!

Research and take responsibility for your health, dont blindly accept all that the info we're given from those with power over us, no illness / allergie is inherited through the family generations, Please google a free ebook by Dr Hulda Regehr Clark, (Ph.D.,N.D) 'the cure for all diseases', which explains the reasons for so called inherited illnesses and it is far from passed down the family like a gift!

I have provided links and documents to provide proof to what i am telling you, so before replying to me that im 'mad' or mis-informed' please also provide some foundation to justify yr reasons. You can not judge me without knowing or researching the matter at hand, it would be absurd to do so, and is the attitude of immiturity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pet1.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	58528   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pet2.JPG 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	58529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pet3.JPG 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	58530  

Your deluded, to say a snotty nosed cat is happy and not bothered by his condition shows your bond and unspoken communication skills with him are warped and clueless, the senses of taste and smell are the most important to felines, they smell their food and if they cannot smell they dont eat! amongst other important factors concerning those senses.

Do any of you actually dig deep and research any of the pets you own?? or do you assume you know all there is to know through diluted 2nd hand / third party myths and and no personal effort to educate yrself 1st hand?

Bet you state how you love your animals whislt gorging on plates of buthered meat produced from heards of terrified animals slaughtered along with their young children..lamb? dear oh dear