Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paid research...

Paid research...

I was walking down the hall of the Radiology Therapy Center at Yale New Haven Hospital when I noticed a sign on the bulletin board.

They're looking for healthy people to participate in Pheresis program. They'll pay me $20 for a sample of my blood to be screened for HIV and Hepititis C. Once that's done, they'll set up an appointment to, at which time I'll be connected to two IV's. One takes blood out and separates platelets and the other IV puts the blood back in. Sort of like Dialysis. I'll get paid $200 for my time!!!

Can't wait!! What a way to make some easy money!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

woo hoo I need to find something like that!

Easy way to make money if needles and stuff like that don't make you nauseate! I for one could never do that just for money.

Woohoo! Where do I sign up?

you wouldn't get me signing up , hate needles at the best of time, still good money, i prefer the focus groups i attend, i have one coming up on online auctions soon, it pays fifty dollars for 90 mins chatting and some refreshments, but i would sooner do that than have myself prodded and poked, but hey girl good on you, you are way braver than me.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I used to be terrified of needles as a kid, because I was in and out of the hospital with kidney problems. Now, it doesn't bother me at all. I just don't look. And for $200 I can look the other way!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

I wish I was old enough!

Niño & Eliza

I've heard that you can watch a movie at some of the donation centers, to keep your mind off the process. I tried one-arm apheresis about 10 years ago and had such an attack of claustrophobia I had to stop. I can do regular blood donations, but apheresis just takes too long for me.

Good luck! You can do this a lot more often than whole blood donations.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

hmmmm I wonder if they need any test subjects around here. I could use the 200.00 & the 20.00!

Here is a little warning about ¨easy money¨ research. It sounds like what moosmom is doing is different (not drug testing), but just for others who are considering this sort of thing.

drug trial victims
    Last edited by jackie; 04-12-2006 at 01:53 PM. Reason: changed the link

I wish they had that near me, I already donate my blood for free I'd love to get paid for it even if it means it is a little more detailed.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie
    Here is a little warning about ¨easy money¨ research. It sounds like what moosmom is doing is different (not drug testing), but just for others who are considering this sort of thing.

drug trial victims
    I'd never do the drug testing or makeup testing, as I've seen the hell some have gone through on TV, no thank you!!

Taking blood, or trying out new hair product or tasting foods is all good with me even hooking me up to a comp to see how I sleep would be cool.

Jackie,

The research I'm doing is nothing like the testing you've described. I don't take any drugs, they simply take out my blood, remove the platelets and put the blood back in. Sort of like dialysis.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Jackie,

The research I'm doing is nothing like the testing you've described. I don't take any drugs, they simply take out my blood, remove the platelets and put the blood back in. Sort of like dialysis.
    Yep, I thought as much. I just added it there for a bit of info about drug testing, sorry to hi-jack the thread.

I have a few friends that will donate plasma because they get paid for it. Why it's called donating if you get paid I'm not sure! However I can't stand needles so I could never do it. I'll stick to my online surverys for my extra cash.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!